PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to Give Chad Jackson Some Slack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Ron Borges? said:
Maybe he can't say what happened, did you ever think of that? Those guys aren't Felger who can just say anything. They work for the team and I would imagine have more restrictions on what they can say. My guess is if Thomase saw the same thing as Casale, we would know about it in a second but because he works for the team, he was told to not be specific.

Under that logic he wouldn't have said ANYTHING at all about the fan night. The fact is Casale doesn't like Chad Jackson for one reason or another. He isn't the Patriots media puppet by any stretch of the imagination, if anything, Reiss (who is admittedly my favorite) has a much better chance of being called that. But Casale can't just toe this line of "oh, he did something bad, but I'm not allowed to talk about it" and ask us to honestly take him seriously. That's dumb, just plain stupid. It's like a 12 year old girl spreading rumors a la "you won't believe what Becky did, but I can't tell!" and the next thing you know you're hearing rumors Becky is the town slut with 5 kids and a case of syphillis. It's irresponsible journalism on Casale's part, he probably knows this, but his baseless dislike of Chad Jackson is getting in the way.

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:
Maybe he can't say what happened, did you ever think of that? Those guys aren't Felger who can just say anything. They work for the team and I would imagine have more restrictions on what they can say. My guess is if Thomase saw the same thing as Casale, we would know about it in a second but because he works for the team, he was told to not be specific.

If the team had that much control over what he says they would tell him not to mention it all. The wild speculation resulting from the blurring of details can not be doing the team any favors.

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
Under that logic he wouldn't have said ANYTHING at all about the fan night. The fact is Casale doesn't like Chad Jackson for one reason or another. He isn't the Patriots media puppet by any stretch of the imagination, if anything, Reiss (who is admittedly my favorite) has a much better chance of being called that. But Casale can't just toe this line of "oh, he did something bad, but I'm not allowed to talk about it" and ask us to honestly take him seriously. That's dumb, just plain stupid. It's like a 12 year old girl spreading rumors a la "you won't believe what Becky did, but I can't tell!" and the next thing you know you're hearing rumors Becky is the town slut with 5 kids and a case of syphillis. It's irresponsible journalism on Casale's part, he probably knows this, but his baseless dislike of Chad Jackson is getting in the way.

Priceless.

patriotsrule said:
You guys should listen to PFW in Progress. Casale address this post at the start of the show and said Thomase wasn't even there when stuff was going on. He asked Casale what happened. He responded directly to here. I have to say, he made a good point. If he made up things that happened there, he would have gotten into trouble because he actually works for the team and Fred Kirsch agreed. If you think about it, he's saying it on Patriots.com and if it was something that wasn't true, wouldn't Belichick or Kraft put a stop to it? I don't know, the way he broke it down on the radio, it doesn't sound like he made anything up. He also said, Thomase only reported one small thing and the joke wasn't what he was referring to in the first place. He also said you could e-mail Thomase and ask him whether or not what he was saying is true. Anyways, you guys should listen.

So if Casale can't talk about it, why did he spend several minutes insinuating about the event over the radio show within hours of the event? Why be vague? Why let it sit out there for the public's imagination? If he has something to report, then report it! Don't be coy. That is the DEFINITION of "disingenuousness"! It reminds me of Borges insinuating last summer how he has plenty of dirt on BB's private life.

He is multiplying his pathetic gossip mongering with this "explanation". He can't talk about it, but he talks about it in vague terms that lead the public to use their imaginations.

Shameful.

It was just like some high school kids gossiping. Lori Baranski and the PW guys were just talking like they weren't on the radio, but they were.

Their listenership is so small they're not used to anyone paying them much heed.

I'm Ron Borges? said:

Funny, IRB. It didn't stop them from expounding on it for several vague minutes on their radio show within hours of the event, didn't it?

So now you get all cutesy about it.

You and your kind are real pieces of work.

Called us PatsPsychos.com.... :rofl:

Casale also had some words about the posters here that sounded reallllly familiar. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Casale also had some words about the posters here that sounded reallllly familiar. :D

Please explain?

Has anyone else noticed that I'm Ron Borges? nearly always chimes in when it has something to do with the media and not often otherwise?

He also has never said anything to the comments that he is in fact Ron Borges (if someone called me that I'd defend myself).

Leading me to believe that this is in fact Ron Borges. Or some sick individual that is trying to portray his exact personality on a messageboard. I'm not sure which would be worse.

Well, at least we know what happened now.

"I have an agenda against rookie WRs" Casale made it out like Jackson had killed somebody on stage.

Brownfan80 said:
Leading me to believe that this is in fact Ron Borges. Or some sick individual that is trying to portray his exact personality on a messageboard. I'm not sure which would be worse.

LOL. Your points are accurate, this guy could be Ron Borges or his bestest buddy. Ron Borges doesn't have any friends, though, so it probably is just Ron Borges. ;)

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:

If Casale believes it is right as a "journalist" to put out innuendo over a public talk show because "he can't talk about it specifically", then count the vast majority of us as "Psychos".

That is one messed up dude they have over there.

Regardless of whether he can and cannot talk about another Patriots employee on his show, the show committed several minutes of unspecified innuendo on the kid, and now he hides behind "I can't get into specifics"????

He insults the intelligence of everyone who listens to his voice.

Brownfan80 said:
Has anyone else noticed that I'm Ron Borges? nearly always chimes in when it has something to do with the media and not often otherwise?

He also has never said anything to the comments that he is in fact Ron Borges (if someone called me that I'd defend myself).

I'd sue. Defamation!:D

Oswlek said:
The panic over Jackson has been absurd. Would I rather him be playing? Does it rub me the wrong way to see guys like Jennings (who was picked with he NE second rounder that was traded to GB) and Colsten playing well while Jackson hasn't made an impact on a team with a void at WR? Yes to both. But it is beyond asinine for any of us to reach any conclusion yet, particularly the whole "CJ is Bethel!" idiocy.

I still think Jackson is going to turn out fine, and I expect the Pats would make the pick again. People forget how electric he looked in the rookie camps before he had the hamstring issues. HE was the one everyone was excited about NOT Maroney.

For a little different perspective check out this thread from a Steelers messageboard and see how much they are enjoying THEIR #1 WR pick:

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=94127&sid=53d61399fa549e3b01a35bf5597df172

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News