PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow in NY for Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say that Jacksonville won't draft him in the 1st round. Tebow is a horrible QB. That was clear at the Senior Bowl. He showed he ONLY knows how to work out of the gun and can barely read defenses.

Tebow will make it in the NFL. You saying his Senior Bowl appearance is enough to go on is just as ridiculous as somebody saying he proved himself on his pro day.

Michael Holly, said on tonights Comcast Sports tonight that "Tebow will not make it past New England at #22".

And supposedly Tom Dimitroff (Falcons GM, former Pats scout) said he thinks Tebow will be gone by #32.

And supposedly Tom Dimitroff (Falcons GM, former Pats scout) said he thinks Tebow will be gone by #32.

I hope what he meant is that Jacksonville will trade up (from the second) for him at 22. Will never happen but I can dream.

Is it dumb to invite him, no way, he's a big name and the NFL generates the maximum amount of buzz by having him there.

Is it dumb for him to go, yes, he's by no means a lock to go in round 1, why go there when he might be picked until the mid-rounds in the draft? He'd be better off watching it with his family at home.

He will not pass 2nd round, and possibly even 1st round. Clearly, he will be overdrafted.

Last edited:
Michael Holly, said on tonights Comcast Sports tonight that "Tebow will not make it past New England at #22".

I am one of the few here who hopes we draft Tebow ... he's a winner with a winner's attitude. Not unlike Bruschi who was too small and Vrabel who had no position, Tom Brady who was too thin and weak .... and on and on it goes.

Wouldn't it be :rofl: if Belichick drafts him and makes him an OLB ... :rofl:

He's only 2 inches too short for it. :p:p:p

I hope what he meant is that Jacksonville will trade up (from the second) for him at 22. Will never happen but I can dream.

That would be a miracle for them, seeing as, you know, the Patriots already have JAX's second rounder. :)

That would be a miracle for them, seeing as, you know, the Patriots already have JAX's second rounder. :)

Hmmm, maybe they trade next year's second in addition to this year's 3-7th picks.

Only the Patriots would draft a 3rd string QB in the first round.

Only the Patriots would draft a 3rd string QB in the first round.

Patriots? No. Only the Raiders; Redskins; Cowboys...any club with bonehead egotistical meddling owners who think they are playing fantasy football.

Patriots? No. Only the Raiders; Redskins; Cowboys...any club with bonehead egotistical meddling owners who think they are playing fantasy football.
Oh rlly? So if Belichick drafts him in the first round then you are calling our owners the above?

It's God's plan for him to wait in front of the camera for three days........... :rolleyes2:

It's not funny to riducule a decent person for his beliefs, you have no idea what will be.

So if the guys at the Pats table have a bag and inside the bag is a #15 Patriots jersey that says Tebow on the back (which they let known to the press), is that going to make some early second round team anxious enough to pay a first rounder in 2011 in order trade up for #22 (or try to get in front of the Pats, which could cause a talented player to fall to us)? Three first round picks in 2011, the first year of the rookie cap has got to be extremely enticing to BB.

Is BB devious enough to do something like that?

1) I presume that you are all think that Hoyer is much better that Tebow as backup QB for 2011 and beyond.

2) Bill is giving the the prize quarterback of a close friend advice about the nfl.

3) Bill is increase the value of tebow, which won't hurt the patriots.

4) We should worry about Belichick using one our seconds for Tebow. Tebow won't be there at 44. 41 is the very latest that Tebow would be drafted.

5) I expect Jacksonville to trade down from 10. The question is how far. This will set the limit for how long Tebow will remain on the board (although JAX could could trade dwon twice).
==========

BOTTOM LINE

As much as folks here dislike Tebow, he can be a future starting quarteback. The question is whether he starts in 2010, 2011 or 2012. Obviously, Tebow would benefit from a solid quarterback coach (which leaves the patriots out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back