PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three local idiots discuss Hernadez via Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Idiot Discuss Tebow

Again1.jpg

...you might be surprised how many shades of grey there are to the man you admire in black and white.

Abraham Lincoln - 50 shades of grey.:bricks:

Sorry, continue yelling at the race baiter.

Calling my opinions half-researched is misguided. I was making general statements designed to impart that he wasn't completely free of racial prejudices, that he wasn't perfect as some were attempting to imply. He had many different levels to his beliefs, just as any other man.

I could write an essay here but that would hardly help matters. Just reminding that blind hero worship is never a good thing.

The level of which you miss represent Lincoln's thoughts ( of which there is a lifetime of material that he wrote and spoke about ) is staggering .

Lincoln was for a certain type of segragation as a solution to difficult problem. It is disenginious to say " he was for segration" without giving any historical context In no way did Lincoln feel blacks were inferior.

If you actually research Lincoln's statements on these matters (not just half-sentences ripped out of context), you find that from the early 1850s on he argued, on many, many occasions, that blacks were part of the "all men" of the Declaration of Independence and were entitled to the rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Lincoln insisted that slavery was a moral evil, though one that the Constitution did not allow government or the president to simply do away with. His solution was that slavery must not allowed to spread.

It's bat **** crazy I am having to defend Lincoln , really with all due respect , you have a goofy half researched half truth tin foil hat view on Lincoln.

I'm not hi jacking thread so fire away with your extremely shady understanding of Lincoln, I won't answer after this post .

His view of Lincoln isn't shady at all. Lincoln believed that blacks were people and deserved to be free instead of being slaves. That DOES NOT equate to believing blacks to be equal to whites.

While personally against slavery, he didn't think he could do anything about it, and wasn't prepared to really. The Civil War wasn't fought to end slavery, rather, it was to maintain the Union, as opposed to allowing the Confederate States to break away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes