PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Jets win next week.
Then if I were you, I'd put the house, car and kids' college funds on the Jets, because they're getting 6.5 points right now in Vegas.

Should be an interesting week.

This is why NFL football bursts its pimples at all other professional sports. Games aren't just for Sunday. They're week-long events.

Tell you what has me most concerned about this one - against the Patriots, for some stupid reason the Jets always suck at home and play hard on the road.

Better offense? Did they trade for Larry Fitzgerald without any of us looking. Brady, Moss, Welker smoke the Jets' offense.

Hey, but congratulations on winning the Week #1 Super Bowl.

Too funny. The Jets have a better offense than the Pats. Yes, and the Lions are a Super Bowl contender.

PS I am concerned about the Jets, but the Jets having a better offense is laughable. I don't see the Jets being able to do what Brady did at the end of the game.

Don't think that the poster meant Jets O was better than the Pats O. Looks like he meant current Jets O > either Favre's O last year or current Bills O.

Considering that Brady is rusty, and that our O looking nowhere close to the dominant guys we were/are, and that the revamped Jets D that looked very impressive in week 1, I am sure every Jets fan thinks they are going to give a thrashing to the Pats on Sunday.

Heck, given our short week, even I thought that was very possible until 7 pm last night.

However, after seeing last night's game, I believe BB and TB are going to go way out to ensure that our O synchs in a far better manner than how we looked last night. Irrespective of the continuous blitzes that Ryan is going to throw at us and how physical the Jets D are going to be, I now have quiet confidence that our O will deal with them quite deftly.

So, let the Jets fly in thinking of doing a merciless killing. We will be ready.

GO PATS!!

My one thought on the Jets game is we need to hit the new pretty boy QB hard.

He still hasn't been smacked around. Time to welcome him to the NFL.

Got to throw a ton of blitzes at him and see if he can take the heat.

Last year, teams that spread the Jets out with 3 and 4 WR sets had the best luck. I see the Pats trying to do that to the Jets in sundays game. As a Jets fan I love what i saw out of their defense on sunday but the Pats are not the Texans and BB will recognize the Jets weaknesses. These weaknesses are that they have a lack of depth at CB behind Sheppard, They are weak on the edges at OLB, especially the side Gholston is playing which could leave them vulnerable to screens to Welker/Faulk and passes in the flat to the RBs, they arent great in coverage at the LB position which could allow the Pats to exploit TE matchups down field with Watson and Baker.
The Jets strengths are in the run game and I think they will have success running on the Patriot defense. Losing Mayo will be a big blow to the middle of the Patriots front seven. Sanchez is going to need to be carefull hanging any passes over the middle of the field as I think Merriweather is a big hitter from the saftey position. Its going to be interesting to see how BB game plans for Keller in this game as well. Obviously hes a big part of the Jets offense, Sanchez loves him, and Keller hurt the Pats badly in their last meeting.
This is going to be a huge game for both teams and I think its going to be close. Cant wait

I think the Jets win next week.
That's fair enough, although the Titans defense will be all over you.

This week they play the Patriots so thanks for your honesty in believing the Jets won't be winning.

This week they play the Patriots so thanks for your honesty in believing the Jets won't be winning.

Good one. (This forum could really use a high 5 smiley.)

Please don't ban me but, on every calendar ever made in the USA the week starts on Sunday. Going to be a much better game than I expected as little as 2 weeks ago.

Please don't ban me but, on every calendar ever made in the USA the week starts on Sunday. Going to be a much better game than I expected as little as 2 weeks ago.
Must be a US and A thing then. Every week beginning calendar I've ever seen starts on a Monday ;)

They did win their last 6 out of 7 games at home. They don't have any scrubs in their division so that says something.

Is he serious.....or is that sarcasm???

In other words, there's no such thing as an "impressive" win of a single game? Gotcha. Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, however dumb it may be.

Ok...Alright…I’m very very very very impressed with your team. They beat the Houston Freakin Texans in week-1. WOW!

Last edited:
I think a lot of Pats fans in this thread are putting the Texans in the same class as the Lions. Is Houston as good as NE? No definitely not, but they arent complete jokes either, and they were completely dominated by the Jets on both sides of the ball.
I think this will be another close Jets/Pats game

I think a lot of Pats fans in this thread are putting the Texans in the same class as the Lions. Is Houston as good as NE? No definitely not, but they arent complete jokes either, and they were completely dominated by the Jets on both sides of the ball.
I think this will be another close Jets/Pats game

Well, they looked like complete jokes on TV. Even the announcers were saying they looked like they were still in preseason. Matt Shaub is no Tom Brady. I expect the game to be close too, since our D looked less than stellar against the Bills and our O was slow to get going. I don't get why Jets fans come on here, though, and expect Pats fans to say very much in a positive way about the Jets. We hope our team stomps yours, but most of us know, from watching both games, that we might not win, and even if we do, it will probably not be a cakewalk (but we sure hope it is).

Ok...Alright…I’m very very very very impressed with your team. They beat the Houston Freakin Texans in week-1. WOW!

Lol dude, you can't give the Jets credit for owning the texans, but you can puff up and brag about the pats for escaping a loss to the BILLs! at home!

Lol dude, you can't give the Jets credit for owning the texans, but you can puff up and brag about the pats for escaping a loss to the BILLs! at home!

Stop it with the respect thing already. The Jets beat the Texans soundly. Lots of people on this forum have given them respect for that - see my post #153 in this thread for example. Good job. Well done. Bravo. Now on to this week. Last week doesn't count for anything any more.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to brag about regarding last night's performance, but one of the hallmarks of the good teams is being able to steal a win when they haven't played well. We certainly didn't play well last night, and probably won't win on Sunday if we play that way (as I previously acknowledged - see post #192 in this thread).

What exactly do you want? That we anoint you SB champions based on one game? That we genuflect to your total superiority?

Relative to expectations, you guys played great week 1 and won, and we played crappy week 1 and won. If anything, that should make you a little bit concerned, since the Pats don't have much history of consecutive crappy performances. But the game is played on the field, thank goodness.

Good luck on Sunday.

I think that the Jets are a fantastic defensive football team. I think that Jenkins is in the #1 nose in the national football league conversation. I think that Revis is the best young corner in the league, likely a top three corner. I like Kerry Rhodes, I like David Harris, I like Bart Scott, and I think that Pace is going to be dirty in this scheme when he comes back. Nevermind getting Ellis back as well.

I think that they are playing with a sound defensive scheme that looks like it is the balls to play in. I think that the confusion is overhyped, as you pretty much know you are getting something coming from somewhere and they are going to try to disguise their Mike. I also think that they leave a whole bunch of field open with how they play, and that Jim Leonard is no Doug Plank. I think that they are highly vulnerable to slants, and their inside pass defense leaves a lot to be desired. I think that they are going to bring a lot of pressure, but that pressure is going to be easily exploited by a player on the level of 12.

I think that the offense revolves around #29. I think that he is going to give the Patriots fits unless their pursuit has jet packs in their pads. He is shifty, nimble, has exceptional footwork, and has more balance than it seems. Fantastic back. I think that Thomas Jones is a decent back, but is generally more impressive in a compression shirt than he is in pads. He is overhyped. He will quit on the leg drive if his momentum is stoned, the key is to get under his pad level- which is exceptional. His hips aren't what they used to be and if bottled up, he will be a non-issue. He has excellent burst for a guy his size, and the key is to stone his initial momentum as he accelerates through the hole. He is a patient runner, and if he can be hit inside of his first three power steps, he is done. They key to stopping him is getting your pads into his hips, wrap up his legs, lift up on the hammies, and explode through the contact. Power on power, I like the Pats.

On the QB front, let's see Sanchez play a legit defense and handle some adversity before we crown him the next coming. Take away Keller, double Washington, pressure through the A gap, and let's see if he's got some touch, accuracy, and more importantly a set of nuts on him. Show him classic cover two and switch into check-2 man under taking away the horizontal stretch routes. Force him into making difficult throws, force him to go hot, and most importantly, keep the outside rush from getting too far upfield (specifically to the right side of the formation) and keep him in the pocket.

Ultimately, I think that they are a solid team with some flaws; both schematically and in personnel. They present a difficult matchup, specifically defensively and with Leon Washington. I think that it will be a good game, but don't see this team being familiar enough in their scheme yet to be able to execute well enough to beat NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe