PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Robert Meachem, WR, Tenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
6-3 210 4.45
Would he be worth a look in the later rounds for WR help? He does have good size. I don't know much about him and don't think we will grab a top WR in the first not do I want us to.

6-3 210 4.45
Would he be worth a look in the later rounds for WR help? He does have good size. I don't know much about him and don't think we will grab a top WR in the first not do I want us to.

i had a threat i believe

hes more of a 4.3 guy. comparsion: Andre Johnson/Javon Walker

hes a late first rounder..dissappeared in bowl game but other than that he had a phenominal year

he dissapeared in the arkansas game too...guy doenst show up in big games..he got knocked around good every play and they took him out of hte game

he dissapeared in the arkansas game too...guy doenst show up in big games..he got knocked around good every play and they took him out of hte game

would quiet say in big games he dissappears..hes come up big in some

Cal: 5 catches 182 yards
LSU: 5 catches 121 yards
Georgia: 7 catches 98 yards

..guys like Calvin Johnson werent big factors in some big games: Clemson, nothing..Miami..68 yards

Jarrett did worse against Arkansas than Meachem

i cant say i've watched him and seen him dissapear besides the bowl game but his potential is there and he has the tools to be great(like CJax)

hes going to have a great combine and will get picked mid-late first imo if he shows he can run @ least a 4.3 and have a great verticle

his speed is supposivly 4.28 coming out of highschool..hard to believe but its a possiblity he runs high 4.2s, low 4.3s

He is very very fast, however it's more of a track fast, very straight linish. BB seems to prefer the more quick twitch (in and out of breaks super quickly) like Branch, young Troy Brown, etc.

For his size, you would think he'd be more physical getting off the line.

i dont know too much about him i shouldnt be talkin BUT i watched one game with my friend who is a Tennessee Alumni and he was talkin up maechum all week in the arkansas game. the corner kept jamming him hard at the line and itd show a replay of how physical they were playing him.

with that said everyone i talk to that follows tennessee seems to love this kid. Also, i think that was a good call about BB's wideouts....i think Gaffney falls into that category too hes very quick, not great open feild speed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes