PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts For Former Patriot Daniel Fells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn that sucks. Hope he pulls through okay

As a sport med/ortho doc, this is all to real for us. MRSA is the dam bug that does not die. In my 12 year career out of training, I have had 5 patients get sick from it. 4 got better with abx. The last I had done a hip replacement on. Our rule is that for the first 2-3 days (usually in the hospital) no one except me, my 2 nurse practitioners , and two of my home health nurses are allowed to touch the green bandage (second layer from the top). Well, a resident from another service decided to go playing in that sandbox without a sterile setup. Lo and behold MRSA. After four weeks of different abx we were still loosing ground and had to take off his leg and part of his pelvis.

I wish him the best. I hope he gets to keep the remainder of his leg, but on the other hand, hopefully they do not hesitate too long to pull the amputation trigger if needed, because otherwise he could end up dead.

I just heard Daniel Fells had part of his foot amputated. Let us hope that that is the worst of it.

This report regarding him losing part of his foot is not accurate

And while the source said Fells' foot remains intact -- despite one report that said he had part of his foot removed -- enough damage has been done that the source said "I would be really surprised" if he ever plays football again.
:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/daniel-fells-career-due-mrsa-infection-article-

I think the continuity of his career is in second plan right now, best wishes for him to get out of the hospital alive and walking, I'm really touched by this case and as someone who have been in gyms over the past 10 years or so, using machines and sweated benches from other people, and rolling in jiu jitsu mats sometimes getting small cuts from people who doesn't cut their f...ing fingernails , sometimes we don't realize how luck we are and it should be a remainder to take the appropriate care from now on.

Best wishes for Fells, I think he was catching passes 2 or 3 weeks ago against the Redskins, this situation is really sad.

Last edited:
Good news. Best wishes for a good recovery whether or not that includes an nfl career is irrelevant. Home-healthy is important.

That's great news. that's a nasty nasty infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News