PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why I don't play fantasy football

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I talk by e-mail with a guy who works for my company in a different building. He was telling me how a guy in his fantasy league started Brady and Moss this week, and everyone thought he was nuts. So I wrote back, "And who did you have? Sanchez and Braylon Edwards?" :p

Turns out that's exactly who he had - and it cost him a hundred bucks! :rolleyes:

I shouldn't take pleasure in other peoples' misfortunes... but any time the Jets* lose I get a little :singing: . ( :D )

I talk by e-mail with a guy who works for my company in a different building. He was telling me how a guy in his fantasy league started Brady and Moss this week, and everyone thought he was nuts. So I wrote back, "And who did you have? Sanchez and Braylon Edwards?" :p

Turns out that's exactly who he had - and it cost him a hundred bucks! :rolleyes:

I shouldn't take pleasure in other peoples' misfortunes... but any time the Jets* lose I get a little :singing: . ( :D )

*Caught sucking. :D

I truly believe it, along with MADDEN, is the ruination of the team fan experience because it totally changes the way fans assess players and accomplishments. Gambling interest and the spread already did enough of that.

For the first time in a decade I don't have a fantasy league and I'm so happy. No fretting over stats. No fretting over who's in and out of the lineup or just setting my lineup. No ******ed trade offers. No bickering over accepted trades.

I truly believe it, along with MADDEN, is the ruination of the team fan experience because it totally changes the way fans assess players and accomplishments. Gambling interest and the spread already did enough of that.
Free agency is to blame just as much or more. I do a fair amount of Fantasy Football and players leaving my team after 4 years affects how I feel about my team far more than fantasy football does. But maybe that's just me.

Yeah Brady put up 99 points against me yesterday. I couldn't be happier.

I wish I was in a fantasy league where my opponents think it is a bad idea to start Brady and Moss versus the #31 team in the league versus the pass. I would likely be undefeated all season ...

amen...........

I played Sammy Morris yesterday instead of Ray Rice. My 2nd rb had a bye. J.Addaii.
All week I had Rice in, and changed it Sat. night thinking minny has a tough run 3 and
will slow Rice down. I'm still winning. But, my opponent is having an awful week.

I just missed out on the Brady/Moss combo in my league.. but i did get Brees/Colston! :D I had a couple RB's on bye's this week as well so i actually had to play Cris Johnson.. luckily he was the ONLY productive player for the Titans yesterday and he got me some good points and didn't even have to score a TD.

Fantasy football can be really fun to play, just as long as you don't take it too serious. Unless it's your team versus your wife's team...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes