PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is the converted DE I like in the 2nd round

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBruinz said:
Well, Anderson actually has pretty good agility for a LB in that he was under 7.0 in the 3 cone.

Here is how Anderson stacks up to Lawson:

Lawson: 6'5 3/8" - 241 lbs, 4.43-40 , 23 reps, 39.5" vertical, 6.9 3 cone
Anderson: 6'4 1/4" -254lbs , 4.62 -40, 20 reps, 42" vertical, 6.96 3 cone

The are very similar except that Anderson doesn't have the straight line speed that Lawson has. I had mentioned a month or so ago that Anderson might actually be better value than Lawson. The problem is that I don't see the Pats veering away from focusing on line play with their top pick.

And Bobby Carpenter was a 6.79 three cone... that's agile considering San Holmes the WR is only 6.82

drew4008 said:
Give me Mark Anderson. Lawson is total crap, heed my warning.
Okay, that's one All Pro vote for Lawson.

drew4008 said:
Willie wasn't the swiftest of guys either, and our 3-4 system is unlike that of say the Cowboys and what they did with Demarcus Ware. They just had him rush from a yard back and a yard off the end every down and hope for the best. We have Rosey doing something similar to that, although not THAT much free blitzing and the other OLB (Willie before) I would assume would serve the same purpose as before, being able to put his hand down when needed, drop back when needed, and assume an ILB or DE mentality at times.

This is actually a very good, and usually unmentioned point. Parcells' 3-4 features a guy who just blitzes. Belichick doesn't suscribe to that. His OLB must be able to cover at least adequately for a few seconds, and not be a liability in the run game.

I've been reading a lot on Victor Adeyanju. Sounds like he has the speed to be a nice pass rusher but does anyone know if he could be switched to an OLB or will he only be a DE in the 4-3. He pretty large for a OLB at 6-4, 265.

I think he fits in better at ILB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft