PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is a great day in the history of the New England Patriots: Bills locking up Taylor long term

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We looked at it as we have a quarterback now and I hate to say it, but [for] lack of a better term, we didn’t want to be greedy,” Whaley said, via the Buffalo News. “We like working with Tyrod, we have faith in Tyrod, the coaching staff has faith in Tyrod, but most importantly, the team has faith in Tyrod and Tyrod has faith in himself. So we said, ‘Let’s go with what we have in hand,’ and we’re excited about the future.”

Doug Whaley: We didn’t want to get “greedy” with Tyrod Taylor deal

Bills fans will probably start lining up to jump over the falls after hearing about this.

If it has plenty of team options I don't see the harm, outside of the initial year or two of Taylor at 15 mil...lmao

He had a great first year as a starter. Id have to see if it can continue

I haven't read the details, but I'm hearing it's a very team friendly deal.

Last edited:
Whenever you can get a long term deal to lock up a gimmicky QB who was figured out, exposed, and unable to stay healthy in his one season as a starter... well damn, you just have to do it.

I think Tyrod Taylor is a good young quarterback. He's worth signing before he gets to a free agency year like Collins and Hightower.

I want to see the specifics of this deal. PFF indicates that the incentives are hard to reach to get to the $90M figure, and the buy-out options begin in year two. This article suggests that all options have to be picked up by the Bills to result in maximum guarantees:

“Buyout options” in Tyrod Taylor deal underscore possible changes in Buffalo

This may be a good deal for both if Taylor continues to grow and mature as an NFL QB. $15M in 2021 will be chump change if he's the best QB in the AFC East at that time.

Last edited:
I think Tyrod Taylor is a good young quarterback. He's worth signing before he gets to a free agency year like Collins and Hightower.

I want to see the specifics of this deal. PFF indicates that the incentives are hard to reach to get to the $90M figure, and the buy-out options begin in year two. This article suggests that all options have to be picked up by the Bills to result in maximum guarantees:

“Buyout options” in Tyrod Taylor deal underscore possible changes in Buffalo

This may be a good deal for both if Taylor continues to grow and mature as an NFL QB. $15M in 2021 will be chump change if he's the best QB in the AFC East at that time.
Like Collins and High? Are you really comparing two players who are likely the best (or very close to it) at their respective positions to Tyrod Taylor? I think I've seen it all now. Lol

Why are some people acting like the Pats have committed some crime? Okay, they haven't talked contracts yet with the big three, but the season has not even started. McCourty's deal didn't get done until his contract expired. Many players don't get re-signed until that time, and many of them are stars. Guys don't always get redone early.

The Patriots win because they have the best QB of all time paired with the best HC of all time. They don't win because they sign a bunch of FA **** instead of putting that money towards better players at the top.
Well yes they do

He had a great first year as a starter. Id have to see if it can continue

He was about as great as Nick Foles was in 2013. So, pretty much, he's great at being an average game manager.

He was about as great as Nick Foles was in 2013. So, pretty much, he's great at being an average game manager.
Foles 2013 was A LOT better than Taylor 2015

Winning 8 of 10 with a td/int ratio of 27:2 and a ypa over 9 is not lucky it playing extremely well. The fact that he couldn't continue to pjay well afterward has absolutely nothing to do with how well he played that season.
If Taylor played that well last season he would have accomplished the gargantuan task if leading a Rex Ryan coached team to the playoffs.

Speed-read the title to thinking it meant Bills as in Belichick is... I panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back