PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is a great day in the history of the New England Patriots: Bills locking up Taylor long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hold your tickets until the official numbers are out there, but I'm told the Tyrod Taylor contract has been hammered out.

Tyrod Taylor deal can be as long as six years, but contains team options. $90 million, but could be more with incentives.

It's a done deal. We've signed Tyrod Taylor to a contract extension!

One less team to worry about for the next decade or so. See ya later, E.J. Manuel. Sorry we neva knew ya.

Remember, "a 2 at 10, becomes a 10 at 2", when you are desperate.

Enjoy your new franchise QB Buffalo.

First JP Losman, then EJ Manuel and now Tyrod Tayor. The Bills apparently have a different algorithm when it comes to franchise QBs.

First JP Losman, then EJ Manuel and now Tyrod Tayor. The Bills apparently have a different algorithm when it comes to franchise QBs.

The curse of Doug Flutie continues to work its magic.

So should I celebrate?

Because I'm the 2 at 10.

The real fun begins when two 2's hook up at 2.

don't forget ryan fitzpatrick. he signed a 6-year, $59m contract extension in october 2011 and was gone a year-and-a-half later.

$15m AAV for Tyrod Taylor.....my god.

With that said I thought he did an OK job last year. Decent game manager. Throws a good deep ball. Good runner. Fairly accurate. Keeps the INTs at a minimum...

But $15m??? Thats a lot of cap space for a game manager.

First response post on a Bills board:

Have they learned NOTHING from Fitz, Trent Edwards et al?

Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor - The Stadium Wall

rofl.gif

maybe the bills aren't so dumb....

The thread where Chandler Jones says the Patriots don't pay and his former teammates know it? This contract (and similar) is what they're talking about. The Patriots don't pay in this manner. They win instead.

The Patriots win because they have the best QB of all time paired with the best HC of all time. They don't win because they sign a bunch of FA **** instead of putting that money towards better players at the top.

He's aight, but not sure why they were so quick to do this. Let him prove himself a little more...

Should be something like the Kaepernick deal.

TT has no leverage at all, he can get hurt at any time and say goodbye NFL, he is smart to get any guaranteed money now even if that means leave some in the table if he improves and becomes a solid starter.

this is a strange feeling, it's pretty rare when I'm happy about some other team signing a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back