PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Harrington thing will not be good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I just think we have a history of making avg QB's look great...Jon Kitna, AJ Feely, Shane Mathews, not to forget Jake Plummer and Matt Shaub last yr... I would have rather seen Culpepper today...

Harrington may make it a closer game, but the end result will surely be the same.

when did joey harrington turn into a good QB? We alllll remember who Joey harrington is right??

I have all the confidence that BB and coordinators have prepared for this, no concern folks he may look good occasionally, but we will confuse the crap out of him.

stop being a worry wart.

every little thing you can imagine could cause a problem is a reason to feel fear and panic?

have some faith in your team.

harrington is not that good.

Ceresco said:
Harrington may make it a closer game, but the end result will surely be the same.

What the heck are you talking about? Why? What are you basing this on?

desi-patsfan said:
when did joey harrington turn into a good QB? We alllll remember who Joey harrington is right??

I also remeber AJ Feely, and Shane Mathewes, Jon Kitna, and Matt Shaub... This is a shrewd move by Saban, another part of the chess game..

Digger44 said:
What the heck are you talking about? Why? What are you basing this on?

Based on my opinion, didnt know every post had to be backed with facts. I know i'm not the only one that thinks Harrington is better than Culpepper...especially now when Culpepper is hurt. Besides have you seen him play this season? Can't get any worse.

Last edited:
Sean Pa Patriot said:
I also remeber AJ Feely, and Shane Mathewes, Jon Kitna, and Matt Shaub... This is a shrewd move by Saban, another part of the chess game..

Shrewd? No.

Safer? Yes.

Otherwise we would have seen more sacks than Santa Claus.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
he keeps up these "shrewd" moves he's gonna be back in LSU.

Ceresco said:
Based on my opinion, didnt know every post had to be backed with facts. I know i'm not the only one that thinks Harrington is better than Culpepper...especially now when Culpepper is hurt. Besides have you seen him play this season? Can't get any worse.

Don't get me wrong, it's ok to have an opinion. What is it you are basing your opinion on? Why is it you think Joey is better than Cpep? I had a feeling this may happen because Joey was reportedly playing with the first team all week. If I knew this then BB knew it as well.

I guess I do not understand why you think that Joey is better. He has not played a single down during the regular season. He has no idea how to dodge the holes in his Oline (at least Dante knew where the rush was coming from.) Joey has never made a pass in this offense. He doesn't know his receivers during a game situation. He has no idea what the timing routes are like. Unlike Dante, Joey has never shined during a season. Every season he has played he has been on the hotseat. He doesn't even come close to having the caliber of WRs he had in Detroit.

I am not criticising your opinion. I just want to understand both sides of the story. I am just not getting why people are worried about Joey with the above data. What is it that makes you worry about him?

BritPat said:
Shrewd? No.

Safer? Yes.

Otherwise we would have seen more sacks than Santa Claus.

I am not sure this will make a bit of difference in the sack totals. Maybe in the fumble totals? INTs should not change much. This guy hasn't played football in a while. He will wet himself as he takes the feild in the Razor for the first time.

For miami....
at least 2-4 INTs

Digger44 said:
I am not sure this will make a bit of difference in the sack totals. Maybe in the fumble totals? INTs should not change much. This guy hasn't played football in a while. He will wet himself as he takes the feild in the Razor for the first time.

I think it's all to do with confidence. Daunte has looked utterly awful this year so far, his confidence really couldn't get any lower. As for Harrington, he's getting a start over the number one quarterback who may or may not be injured physically (although I suspect it's a mental thing), so he gets a chance to show what he can do. I'm expecting him to be really up for this and be bright and alert to what our D may throw at him.

Digger44 said:
Don't get me wrong, it's ok to have an opinion. What is it you are basing your opinion on? Why is it you think Joey is better than Cpep? I had a feeling this may happen because Joey was reportedly playing with the first team all week. If I knew this then BB knew it as well.

I guess I do not understand why you think that Joey is better. He has not played a single down during the regular season. He has no idea how to dodge the holes in his Oline (at least Dante knew where the rush was coming from.) Joey has never made a pass in this offense. He doesn't know his receivers during a game situation. He has no idea what the timing routes are like. Unlike Dante, Joey has never shined during a season. Every season he has played he has been on the hotseat. He doesn't even come close to having the caliber of WRs he had in Detroit.

I am not criticising your opinion. I just want to understand both sides of the story. I am just not getting why people are worried about Joey with the above data. What is it that makes you worry about him?

Thanks for respecting my opinion...thats all anyone can ask for. Now the reason I think Harrington is will be better than Culpepper would have been is because #1 Culpepper is hurt #2 I think the team will rally behind him #3 I hate to question one's intelligence but I think Harrington has a better head on his shoulders so I dont think he'll make the dumb mistakes Culpepper has been making.

BritPat said:
I think it's all to do with confidence. Daunte has looked utterly awful this year so far, his confidence really couldn't get any lower. As for Harrington, he's getting a start over the number one quarterback who may or may not be injured physically (although I suspect it's a mental thing), so he gets a chance to show what he can do. I'm expecting him to be really up for this and be bright and alert to what our D may throw at him.

I can see where you're coming from, and we have had issues against back up QB's , but I still see 4 sacks in this game, and a win. He may have a better day than Culpepper would have , but we still win this game at home despite a lame home crowd at Gillete

desi-patsfan said:
he keeps up these "shrewd" moves he's gonna be back in LSU.

No way, this is a very good move. The team couldn't do worse at QB than with Culpepper so far, and with him being banged up Saban can make the move now without it seeming like he 'pulled' Culpepper. He has the option to put DC back in later in the season if Harrington is worse of a flop.

...just look at Tom's record against the Fins....not so good...14 TD's and 11 INT's. Tom only has 69 INT's in his career...so that makes 16% of his INT's against Miami...

And we continue to make avg qb's look like Johnny U Pitiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes