Welcome to PatsFans.com

This Harrington thing will not be good...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I just think we have a history of making avg QB's look great...Jon Kitna, AJ Feely, Shane Mathews, not to forget Jake Plummer and Matt Shaub last yr... I would have rather seen Culpepper today...
  2. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Harrington may make it a closer game, but the end result will surely be the same.
  3. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

when did joey harrington turn into a good QB? We alllll remember who Joey harrington is right??
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

I have all the confidence that BB and coordinators have prepared for this, no concern folks he may look good occasionally, but we will confuse the crap out of him.
  5. SamBam39

SamBam39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

stop being a worry wart.

every little thing you can imagine could cause a problem is a reason to feel fear and panic?

have some faith in your team.

harrington is not that good.
  6. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What the heck are you talking about? Why? What are you basing this on?
  7. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I also remeber AJ Feely, and Shane Mathewes, Jon Kitna, and Matt Shaub... This is a shrewd move by Saban, another part of the chess game..
  8. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Based on my opinion, didnt know every post had to be backed with facts. I know i'm not the only one that thinks Harrington is better than Culpepper...especially now when Culpepper is hurt. Besides have you seen him play this season? Can't get any worse.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  9. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +135 / 2 / -2

#54 Jersey

Shrewd? No.

Safer? Yes.

Otherwise we would have seen more sacks than Santa Claus.
  10. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he keeps up these "shrewd" moves he's gonna be back in LSU.
  11. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Don't get me wrong, it's ok to have an opinion. What is it you are basing your opinion on? Why is it you think Joey is better than Cpep? I had a feeling this may happen because Joey was reportedly playing with the first team all week. If I knew this then BB knew it as well.

I guess I do not understand why you think that Joey is better. He has not played a single down during the regular season. He has no idea how to dodge the holes in his Oline (at least Dante knew where the rush was coming from.) Joey has never made a pass in this offense. He doesn't know his receivers during a game situation. He has no idea what the timing routes are like. Unlike Dante, Joey has never shined during a season. Every season he has played he has been on the hotseat. He doesn't even come close to having the caliber of WRs he had in Detroit.

I am not criticising your opinion. I just want to understand both sides of the story. I am just not getting why people are worried about Joey with the above data. What is it that makes you worry about him?
  12. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am not sure this will make a bit of difference in the sack totals. Maybe in the fumble totals? INTs should not change much. This guy hasn't played football in a while. He will wet himself as he takes the feild in the Razor for the first time.
  13. jct

jct Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For miami....
    at least 2-4 INTs
  14. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +135 / 2 / -2

#54 Jersey

I think it's all to do with confidence. Daunte has looked utterly awful this year so far, his confidence really couldn't get any lower. As for Harrington, he's getting a start over the number one quarterback who may or may not be injured physically (although I suspect it's a mental thing), so he gets a chance to show what he can do. I'm expecting him to be really up for this and be bright and alert to what our D may throw at him.
  15. Ceresco

Ceresco Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for respecting my opinion...thats all anyone can ask for. Now the reason I think Harrington is will be better than Culpepper would have been is because #1 Culpepper is hurt #2 I think the team will rally behind him #3 I hate to question one's intelligence but I think Harrington has a better head on his shoulders so I dont think he'll make the dumb mistakes Culpepper has been making.
  16. D-cleater

D-cleater Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can see where you're coming from, and we have had issues against back up QB's , but I still see 4 sacks in this game, and a win. He may have a better day than Culpepper would have , but we still win this game at home despite a lame home crowd at Gillete
  17. D-cleater

D-cleater Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No way, this is a very good move. The team couldn't do worse at QB than with Culpepper so far, and with him being banged up Saban can make the move now without it seeming like he 'pulled' Culpepper. He has the option to put DC back in later in the season if Harrington is worse of a flop.
  18. PatriotsRiot93

PatriotsRiot93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

...just look at Tom's record against the Fins....not so good...14 TD's and 11 INT's. Tom only has 69 INT's in his career...so that makes 16% of his INT's against Miami...
  19. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

And we continue to make avg qb's look like Johnny U Pitiful