PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They LOVE it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes..I read it when it first came out...know of the details of the incident...know it was an accident..a terrible accident...know he has paid his debt to society...and is still paying for it emotionally...because that's the way he is. Nevertheless, because he did what he did..the word "Great" probably isn't the best word to associate the man and the action. This is one of those "Black Marks" that will always stay with him. I did also mention that because of who he is..his response...his fessing up to the incident and the way he has handled it, is probably the reason why it hasn't constantly being rehashed ...brought up and thrown in his face. myself included......

Everyone knows you shouldn't drink and drive. Its dangerous to yourself and the general public.

He ended someones life because he was too stupid to call a cab. He'd rather drive around intoxicated in an overpriced luxury car while drunk....

Yeah. GREAT PERSON!!!!!

Don't get me wrong. I don't care what players do off the field. But don't come here saying Stallworth is a great person. He could very well be in jail right now.

Not to defend drunk driving, but

A) you obviously don't know the specifics of what happened
B) one foolish mistake does not render everything else that someone does meaningless. He immediately owned up for it and has done everything in his power since to make up for his mistake in whatever capacity he can. That does matter.

Everyone knows you shouldn't drink and drive. Its dangerous to yourself and the general public.

He ended someones life because he was too stupid to call a cab. He'd rather drive around intoxicated in an overpriced luxury car while drunk....

Yeah. GREAT PERSON!!!!!

Don't get me wrong. I don't care what players do off the field. But don't come here saying Stallworth is a great person. He could very well be in jail right now.

face_palm.gif

I believe many team's locker rooms are shaped by the personalities of "good" players and the coaches. Any time a player with a strong and arrogant personality enters the Patriots organization it won't matter. It is the Patriot way as long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are part of that organization. I'm sure many players understand this right off the bat and wouldn't dare to try to take charge.

If you look at the Jets locker room, it's no wonder why that organization is such a mess. They've had some questionable characters on that team and the head coach can be an ass, hence why I was actually understanding of them acquiring Tim Tebow, even as a backup QB.

Yeah. GREAT PERSON!!!!!

Ted Kennedy says hi.

Not defending Stallworth, but he already went to jail for that offense. Also, if you research that incident you'll find that it was a complex one in many ways. Finally, despite that horrific case of poor behavior, Stallworth is widely-regarded as a good guy, well-educated and multi-lingual. Understand, I'm not attempting to absolve him, but, rather, just trying to present a clearer picture.
I know that if someone got drunk and drove their car and killed one of my relatives, the fact that they speak 2 languages would make me feel better. :rolleyes:

But... but.... They hate their coach.

[Responsibleblock CB;3287523]Valid point regarding Stallworth NOT being a "Great" person....Anyone without money, who couldn't hire a high paid lawyer, would still be doing time for manslaughter. He made a mistake...a terrible mistake and he's paying for it emotionally for the rest of his life...still doesn't bring the victim back folks....The fact that he doesn't have a rap sheet a mile long and he's never been a problem child in his past is probably the only reason that it's not being thrown in his face every day. [/QUOTE]

His lawyer wanted him to fight the charges because he could have gotten of, but he wanted to plead guilty because he felt responsible

Yeah. GREAT PERSON!!!!!

Everyone makes mistakes including you and I.

I know that if someone got drunk and drove their car and killed one of my relatives, the fact that they speak 2 languages would make me feel better. :rolleyes:
You know what my intent was there. I also know what yours was. I just wonder "why?"

You know what my intent was there. I also know what yours was. I just wonder "why?"
I don't know what your intent was, because I have no clue what being bilingual does to mitigate killing someone.
If you really want to pretend what he did isn't horrific because he is on your favorite team, that is up to you, but trying to rationalize it with silly things like that is kind of insulting.

I think Stallworth is awesome!

I don't know what your intent was, because I have no clue what being bilingual does to mitigate killing someone.
If you really want to pretend what he did isn't horrific because he is on your favorite team, that is up to you, but trying to rationalize it with silly things like that is kind of insulting.

There's no pretending needed in this case; different people feel differently about things. Most people who've partied have had early mornings where they set out about tasks at much less than 100%. Those people are going to relate to his situation much closer than those that haven't, and thus are going to see this as a tragic accident. To them your stance of this being horrific is just as fictitious as theirs. I personally will choose to judge the man by what he did after his mistake rather than by the mistake itself.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

There's no pretending needed in this case; different people feel differently about things. Most people who've partied have had early mornings where they set out about tasks at much less than 100%. Those people are going to relate to his situation much closer than those that haven't, and thus are going to see this as a tragic accident. To them your stance of this being horrific is just as fictitious as theirs. I personally will choose to judge the man by what he did after his mistake rather than by the mistake itself.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."
OK, feel free to think the unnecessary loss of a mans life isn't horrific because you have driven drunk and therefore see it as a 'tragic accident'.
I choose to look at it from the standpoint of the innocent man who lost is life rather than from the standpoint of the rationalization of the person who didn't care enough about the lives he was putting in danger to make the inconvenient choice.
I certainly hope you have reached the maturity level where you don't excuse driving drunk as a necessary evil because you choose to party, because you may well end up in the same boat as Stallworth.

OK, feel free to think the unnecessary loss of a mans life isn't horrific because you have driven drunk and therefore see it as a 'tragic accident'.
I choose to look at it from the standpoint of the innocent man who lost is life rather than from the standpoint of the rationalization of the person who didn't care enough about the lives he was putting in danger to make the inconvenient choice.
I certainly hope you have reached the maturity level where you don't excuse driving drunk as a necessary evil because you choose to party, because you may well end up in the same boat as Stallworth.

The guy ran into the side of his car. If true, he would have been killed either way. I'm not defending drunk driving, but thats the facts according to the articles. Enuff with the witch hunt

Man, nothing gets me psyched up about the Patriots lockerroom like a good debate about the ethical demeaner of people we will never meet or know!

There is no greater level of idiocy than to make judgements about people based solely off newspaper articles we have read.

I personally, feel bad that every catch he will ever make will come with the hashtag of vehicular homicide attached to it. Really, everything he ever does will come with that hashtag, as seen by this thread. That is something a high powered lawyer cannot separate for you.

But its not as simple as you make it out to be.

Not by a long shot.

For some reason I'm not finding it all that surprising that you think I need your permission to think. I also find it completely predictable that you opted to jump to a bunch of conclusions and then started using ad hominem.

You're looking at this from your viewpoint and no one else's. Considering that the family has forgiven Stallworth I'd say your viewpoint is pretty distorted. I bet they're just fellow drunk drivers too...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes