PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Worst Defense in the History of the World...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New England Patriots beat the New York Giants in the regular season of 2007. I thought fans realized then what happens in the regular season means nothing...i guess not
Enough with the negativity! You have yet to prove anything worthwhile within this thread.

I have never said that because a young player makes an INT or forces a turnover that it doesnt count. Where did I say that? There you go once again putting words in my mouth.

You have said a ton of times that you cant count on them continuing to do what they have done because they are young.

The regular season is over, every team is now 0-0. What happened in the regular season means nothing. Record, stats, etc.
Again I ask are you f-ing around or really that ignorant.
What they did in the regular season indicates their ability, talent and level of play they are playing at.
By your argument, we could play Hoyer and it wouldnt make a difference.

There are other ways to win than by just forcing turnovers, I dont think you realize that.
Actually you are the only one around here who thinks that is the only way we HAVE won.

The previous Super Bowl Patriots teams did it other ways.
While also forcing a lot of turnovers.

How can you depend on a defense to cause turnovers with as many rookies/2nd year players as they play?
Because they are players, wnits, schemes and talents who make plays.
I still dont understand why you think anyone is DEPENDING on turnovers. The Patriot defense has been #1 in points allowed for the last 5 weeks, #4 for the last 8 weeks, and for the last 13. They keep points off the board turnovers or not.

quote] The playoffs are different than the regular season, the intensity and pressure definitely will be much higher than any game this season that the Patriots have played in./quote]
Thats a bunch of crap. Your argument fails so you create a mystical difference. Intnesity and pressure are the same for both teams. Once again, you create hypothetcal theory where you have no facts.

It will be interesting to see how the young defense responds
Actually it will be interesting to see how the 45 active players perform, and go win a SB.

You also are making up the phenomena that a young defense will not play as well in the post-season as it did in the regular season. You have no facts at all to back that up.

Do you have facts to back up your argument? No, because there has never been a playoff defense this young
That's your response? Are you freaking kidding?

Do you have facts to back up your argument? No, because there has never been a playoff defense this young
My argument is that the players that are playing will play at the level they are playing at. That doesnt need fact to back it up.
Yours is that they will stop playing at that level because they are young and its the playoffs, and neither is a fact you have backed up.

Actually it will be interesting to see how the 45 active players perform, and go win a SB.

Now, you're proclaiming a Super Bowl when there hasnt been one playoff game. Now I know I am dealing with a hardcore homer. It's okay to admit there are some flaws and potential problems, nothing bad happens when you do this, dont worry.

Now, you're proclaiming a Super Bowl when there hasnt been one playoff game. Now I know I am dealing with a hardcore homer. It's okay to admit there are some flaws and potential problems, nothing bad happens when you do this, dont worry.
Sorry, I kepe forgetting you are rooting against them.

Dynasty or whatever the idiot is called has to be a Jets troll!
I agree. It's undeniable that The Dynasty is a formerly clandestine Jets troll.

Referencing historical data, referencing current data and allowing for current form is not homerism, it's realism.

Inventing arguments and dismissing fact = you.

Dynasty or whatever the idiot is called has to be a Jets troll!
I don't know if he is a Jet fan, but he really is showing he isn't a Patriot fan. Perhaps a Patriot follower, but it is becoming more and more evident that he is rooting against the team succeeding.

Sorry, I kepe forgetting you are rooting against them.

No, just pointing out my observations, trying to bring homers like you back to reality and one game at a time.

No, just pointing out my observations, trying to bring homers like you back to reality and one game at a time.
Yeah, what was I thinking, the fact that I am a Patriot fan and want them to win the Super Bowl must mean I need to be brought down to earth with the fans like you who want them to lose.

I don't know if he is a Jet fan, but he really is showing he isn't a Patriot fan. Perhaps a Patriot follower, but it is becoming more and more evident that he is rooting against the team succeeding.
I'm just amazed with the defensive turnaround in the second half of the season. 30 points allowed to the Bills in week three and 3 points allowed to the Bills in week sixteen is a prime example of how far the New England Patriots defense has tightened up.

AJ I've come to the conclusion that he is a Jets fan for the following material. Most of the ardent Patriots fans hating on the defense have acknowledged their improvement and then shut up. The Dynasty has continued to argue against and dismiss the accomplishments of the defense sprinkled in with a few positive comments to appear as an objective and level headed commentator.

He's very Rex Ryan. If he types it down enough he might actually believe his message.

Yeah, what was I thinking, the fact that I am a Patriot fan and want them to win the Super Bowl must mean I need to be brought down to earth with the fans like you who want them to lose.

Want and proclaiming that they will are 2 different things.

I want them to win, but realize that it isnt going to be as easy as some people including you think.

You just told me a few posts ago that the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl.

I'm just amazed with the defensive turnaround in the second half of the season. 30 points allowed to the Bills in week three and 3 points allowed to the Bills in week sixteen is a prime example of how far the New England Patriots defense has tightened up.
It seems like that week 3 Buffalo game was the watershed. There were personell changes then, and some of the younger players seemed to catch up.
I think its reasonable to judge this defense over 13 games, given those circumstances, and say that those 13 are more indicative of the quality of the D than the full 16.
Since week 3 the Pat D is 4th in points allowed, and only 2 out of 3rd.
I don't know how you can rip a defense that for 13 weeks has gone 12-1 and allowed fewer points that 28 of the other 31 teams.
Well, I do know how. If you want to you, you just dismiss those facts by making up an idea that they only stop teams with takeways, while implying that takeaways are bad by making up the idea that they are less likely in the playoffs.
When that is proven wrong, it doesnt matter anyway because the playoffs and regular season are totally different. Plus every team that you did well against wasnt really trying, didnt show up or werent the real team.
Then you add in that even though every shread of evidence suggests that the team is likely to continue playing in the playoffs like it has, you make up a new rule that the rules dont apply because they are young.
Then you just start calling people who don't want to sit around shuddering that its possible to lose homers, who are somehow wrong for wanting the team they root for to win.
I think there are only a few more steps before head explosion.

I have never said that because a young player makes an INT or forces a turnover that it doesnt count. Where did I say that? There you go once again putting words in my mouth.

The regular season is over, every team is now 0-0. What happened in the regular season means nothing. Record, stats, etc.

There are other ways to win than by just forcing turnovers, I dont think you realize that. The previous Super Bowl Patriots teams did it other ways. How can you depend on a defense to cause turnovers with as many rookies/2nd year players as they play? The playoffs are different than the regular season, the intensity and pressure definitely will be much higher than any game this season that the Patriots have played in. It will be interesting to see how the young defense responds

If regular season stats don't mater for the post season then why would you bring up the Offensive stats for our playoff opponents and their "regular season" totals when saying we will be playing better offenses and our defense won't be able to do what they did (mostly against these same post season opponents) in the post season.

Just a question

Want and proclaiming that they will are 2 different things.

I want them to win, but realize that it isnt going to be as easy as some people including you think.

You just told me a few posts ago that the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl.
You are a moron.
Ifyou can seriously take what I said and get THAT out of it, you should just stop talking to humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe