PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The thinking man's roster -- 8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady'sButtBoy said:
Umm, just to be a PITA, where is the outrage from the wise ones about the absurdity of anyone presupposing they know enough to pick out the entire roster? Where is the raving statement of disbelief? The prickly condescension? Where is the disgust from those with greater understanding for a poster who not only proposed what to do with one player but what to do with the complete lineup? My word, the post even includes players not yet signed by the team!!!

Because the thread clearly states, 'The thinking man's roster.'

And I'm really surprised this post stuck....

As much as I like Mruczkowski, he is not one of the top 10 Olinemen on the Patriots. Kaczur still might go PUP or IR.

Gorin is a better Guard than any of the reserve Guards or Centers except possibly Hochstein. If the Pats were going to keep another Guard it would have been Ross Tucker. Gene is a shadow roster candidate as his PS eleigibility is exhausted. I don't understand all this love for Stevenson. He is PS material at best.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Umm, just to be a PITA, where is the outrage from the wise ones about the absurdity of anyone presupposing they know enough to pick out the entire roster? Where is the raving statement of disbelief? The prickly condescension? Where is the disgust from those with greater understanding for a poster who not only proposed what to do with one player but what to do with the complete lineup? My word, the post even includes players not yet signed by the team!!!

You have reached the voice mail of the Wise Ones. Please select from our menu and someone will answer you as soon as they can.

Please press 1 for:raving disbelief, press 2 for: prickley condescension, Press 3 for:digust.

This may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

Last edited:
Righteous, brother! I've always wanted to be connected! :D :D :rocker: :rocker:

Some good conversation. It's still early. Nobody's winning or losing a job from their Atlanta performance. After two more games things should be more clearly drawn, and we can probably talk a bit more seriously who's in and who's out.

mgcolby said:
Aug. 29 - Roster cutdown to maximum of 75 players

Sept. 2 - Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players

Sept. 3 - Clubs may establish practice squad of eight players.

Thanks, Mac.

Only 4 days btwn. the 1st and 2nd (last) cutdowns? I don't understand the reasoning behind that at all. If I were king of the NFL, I would establish 3 cutdowns: after the 2nd, 3rd and 4th preseason games. Maybe that would give released players more time to find jobs, and teams more opportunities to find released players who may fill their holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft