46. Gardner, Barry 47 ILB
47. Alexander, Eric 49 LB
48. Mruczkowski, Gene 64 OL
49. Woods, Pierre 45 OLB
50. Roach, Freddie 48 ILB
51. Claiborne, Chris/Edwards, Donnie ILB
52. Berlin, Eddie 81 WR
53. Hill, Marquise 91 DL

The last two cuts are Tebucky Jones and Jonathan Sullivan, released in favor of Eric Alexander and Marquise Hill.

And Practice Squad...
Cobbs, Patrick 41 RB
Brown, Vernell 35 CB
Hand, Randy 60 OT
Smith, Le Kevin 65 DT
Barthelmes, Brian 62 OG
Steitz, Nick 75 OT
Spann, Antwain 31 CB
Stevenson, Dan 63 OG

Depth Chart:
QB1 Brady
QB2 Cassel
Comment: No third QB is necessary. In theory, we could pick up Rohan after the Cardinals release him, but we'll use the roster spot elsewhere. If we suffer a QB injury (God Forbid), we'll sign a out of work QB. He won't be any worse than anyone we pick up now.

RB1 Dillon
RB2 Maroney

3B1 Faulk
3B2 Maroney

FB1 Mills

C1 Koppen
C2 Hochstein
C3 Mruczkowski

G1 Mankins
G2 Neal
G3 Hochstein
G4 Mruczkowski
G5 Kaczur

T1 Light
T2 Gorin
T3 Kaczur
T4 O' Callaghan

WR1 Branch
WR2 Caldwell
WR3 Brown
WR4 Jackson
WR5 Berlin
Comment: Due to fragile nature of EVERY SINGLE one of our top 4 WRs, I opted to keep five. Berlin makes it over Kight, as he looks to be the better inside receiver and plays on all special teams.

TE1 Watson
TE2 Graham
TE3 Thomas
TE4 Mills
TE5 Vrabel

DE1 Seymour
DE2 Warren
DE3 Green
DE4 Wright
DE5 Hill

NT1 Wilfork
NT2 Wright
NT3 Hill
NT4 Warren

OLB1 Vrabel
OLB2 Colvin
OLB3 Banta Cain
OLB4 Brown
OLB5 Alexander
OLB6 Mincey
OLB7 Woods

ILB1 Brushci
ILB2 Beisel
ILB3 Claiborne/Edwards
ILB4 Vrabel
ILB5 Gardner
ILB6 Alexander
ILB7 Roach
ILB8 Brown
ILB9 Davis
Comment: I need to see more, but both Roach and Woods look like they have some serious upside. They make the roster and will be inactive most weeks. I expect BB to sign a Free agent ILB, either Claiborne or Donnie Edwards, if released. If not, it allows Tebucky or Sullivan to make the team. I like Alexander's versatility, and in his few opportunities has made some really nice plays in coverage. I mean kick coverage, but he could definitely develop into a solid cover linebacker also.

CB1 Samuel
CB2 Hobbs
CB3 Gay
CB4 Wilson
CB5 Hawkins
CB6 Brown
Comment: Guys like Poteat and Chad Scott are likely only a phone call away.

S1 Harrison
S2 Wilson
S3 Sanders
S4 Hawkins
S5 Andrews
S6 Davis
Comment: Our depth here is what allows us to release Tebucky. With Harrison healthy, Jones wouldn't be any better than our #5 safety. I'd rather have the extra depth at linebacker.

LS1 Paxton
LS2 Mruczkowski
LS3 Mills
LS4 Thomas
Comment: This is what cements Mruczkowski's place on the team over similar interior players like Yates and Steitz.

NOTE: THIS WILL BE RE-VISITED AFTER THE THIRD PRE-SEASON GAME

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing a little something interesting to our newly dedicated 'All things Deion' website! Here at the 24/7/365 Deion updates website, we don't get much in the way of intelligent threads! :D

I really will be disappointed to see Hill make the team. That means that we don't have a reliable back-up that can play. I would much rather see Smith and/or Thomas really step up. Sullivan doesn't strike me as having the motivation to stick around for long if he does somehow make the team.

Tebucky will make the team. So will Gramatica, and hopefully people will learn to respect him and not call him silly names. Mincey, Brown and Woods are not all going to make the same roster. I say Woods to the practice squad and Brown back into retirement if anyone really steps up. Brown needed a good camp to stick around for another season, IMO. It hasn't happened yet. Alexander makes the team, Roach makes the Practice squad. No chance that Roach makes the active roster, IMO.

I think Stevenson makes the team, and I think Gorin gets traded to the Lions or Green Bay. Unless Stevenson was injuried badly in the Falcons game.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Thanks for bringing a little something interesting to our newly dedicated 'All things Deion' website! Here at the 24/7/365 Deion updates website, we don't get much in the way of intelligent threads! :D

I really will be disappointed to see Hill make the team. That means that we don't have a reliable back-up that can play. I would much rather see Smith and/or Thomas really step up. Sullivan doesn't strike me as having the motivation to stick around for long if he does somehow make the team.

Tebucky will make the team. So will Gramatica, and hopefully people will learn to respect him and not call him silly names. Mincey, Brown and Woods are not all going to make the same roster. I say Woods to the practice squad and Brown back into retirement if anyone really steps up. Brown needed a good camp to stick around for another season, IMO. It hasn't happened yet. Alexander makes the team, Roach makes the Practice squad. No chance that Roach makes the active roster, IMO.

I think Stevenson makes the team, and I think Gorin gets traded to the Lions or Green Bay. Unless Stevenson was injuried badly in the Falcons game.

I don't see how Gramatica makes the team. He needs a TKO to beat out a younger player with a stronger leg who's played more football in the last two years and cost a fourth round pick. It's not going to happen. It wouldn't surprise me to see us trade him later this preseason to a team with a struggling kicker.

Your other scenarios are fine, but I don't think we have the depth to trade Gorin.

Last edited:

I think Smith looked decent the other night. How old is Hill 23? 24? I can't remember I know he was young when he came in the league, this may or may not be a make or break season for him. Honestly I would like to see him come around, I would hate to think we wasted four years on a project that didn't pan out. Remember it wasn't that long ago that people were getting frustrated with Neal and we are all aware of the Klecko situation.

Tebucky only makes the team for Special Teams if someone else steps up he could/will be gone. I hate Gramatica he absolutely annoys the hell out of me, him and his brother. But he definitly looked good Friday night, I wouldn't be surprised to see them carry both Kickers through the first couple of weeks of the season just to make sure the Kid can handle it then it would be bye bye Gramatica, IMO. I can't disagree with your thoughts on Brown, but BB may just feel more comfortable keeping a backup vet for the outside. BB had a lot of praise for Roach so I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the squad (he's my camp sleeper). Woods looked good the other night and I think Alexander is a near lock to make the roster the way things have shaped up thus far.

Just my 2 pennies.

Dry - Nice analysis. What's your roster thoughts on KR and PR duties?

PatsWickedPissah said:
Dry - Nice analysis. What's your roster thoughts on KR and PR duties?

No shortage there. I think Andrews is the preferred guy for both duties. Then for kickoffs we also have Faulk and Maroney, and for punts we have Hobbs and Brown

Vernell Brown over Chad Scott? Have I missed something on this kid? I saw a couple nice plays, but I saw that from CScott as well.

I would be very surprised if Mruczkowski makes the final roster. He looked like crap on Friday. I'd rather keep Stevenson.

I don't know how likely it is to happen, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hill gone and either Sullivan or LK Smith retained.

Also, I'd say there's about a .0048 percent chance that Vernell Brown beats out Chad Scott.

Last edited:
JackBauer said:
I would be very surprised if Mruczkowski makes the final roster. He looked like crap on Friday. I'd rather keep Stevenson.

Also, I'd say there's about a .0048 percent chance that Vernell Brown beats out Chad Scott.

I think it's about .0094 myself. I don't have Vernell Brown on the roster. I do have Troy Brown on the CB depth chart.

I did a double take on V. Brown as well, but then it was only for the practice squad, not the main roster.

MgColby: Klecko and Neal play in games at times. Hill only seems to get injuried. I can't recall a single 'Hill' moment since he has been drafted. Waste of a second round pick, but also a waste of a roster spot, IMO.

I just can't see all those back-up LBs making the roster. If Roach makes the team, then somebody else goes. The reason I can't believe he makes the team is that he is a perfect fit on the practice squad like Alexander last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
dryheat44 said:
I think it's about .0094 myself. I don't have Vernell Brown on the roster. I do have Troy Brown on the CB depth chart.

Oh. Well either way, I doubt BOTH Scott and Warfield are cut. One will stick, IMO.

dryheat44 said:
Much like when I married, I opted to go young. Two UDFAs make it this year:

1. Brady, Tom 12 QB
2. Cassel, Matt 16 QB
3. Dillon, Corey 28 RB
4. Faulk, Kevin 33 RB
5. Maroney, Laurence 39 RB
6. Branch, Deion 83 WR
7. Caldwell, Reche 87 WR
8. Jackson, Chad 17 WR
9. Brown, Troy 80 WR
10. Graham, Daniel 82 TE
11. Mills, Garrett 45 FB
12. Watson, Benjamin 84 TE
13. Thomas, David 86 TE
14. Koppen, Dan 67 C
15. Light, Matt 72 OT
16. Gorin, Brandon 76 OT
17. Neal, Stephen 61 OG
18. Mankins, Logan 70 OG
19. Hochstein, Ross 71 OL
20. Kaczur, Nick 77 OT
21. Miller, Josh 8 P
22. Paxton, Lonie 66 LS
23. Gostkowski, Stephen 3 K
24. Green, Jarvis 97 DE
25. Seymour, Richard 93 DE
26. Warren, Ty 94 DE
27. Wilfork, Vince 75 NT
28. Vrabel, Mike 50 ILB
29. Bruschi, Tedy 54 ILB
30. Colvin, Rosevelt 59 OLB
31. Beisel, Monty 52 ILB
32. Hobbs, Ellis 27 CB
33. Samuel, Asante 22 CB
34. Gay, Randall 21 CB
35. Harrison, Rodney 37 S
36. Wilson, Eugene 26 S
37. Sanders, James 36 S
38. Hawkins, Artrell 25 S
39. Banta-Cain, Tully 95 OLB
40. Wright, Mike 99 DL
41. Andrews, Willie 38 S
42. Mincey, Jeremy 58 OLB
43. O'Callaghan, Ryan 68 OT
44. Brown, Chad 98 OLB- I don't think so- would rather have Chad Scott on the team
45. Davis, Don 51 ILB
47. Alexander, Eric 49 LB
48. Mruczkowski, Gene 64 OL OUT- tired of seeing knocked on his ass-Stevenson
49. Woods, Pierre 45 OLB
51. Claiborne, Chris/Edwards, Donnie ILB- Who? did I miss somethng
52. Berlin, Eddie 81 WR
53. Hill, Marquise 91 DL- OUT- can't make the club sitting in the tub. S. Thomas in

The last two cuts are Tebucky Jones and Jonathan Sullivan, released in favor of Eric Alexander and Marquise Hill. Tebucky is in.

And Practice Squad...
Cobbs, Patrick 41 RB
Brown, Vernell 35 CB
Hand, Randy 60 OT
Smith, Le Kevin 65 DT
Barthelmes, Brian 62 OG
Steitz, Nick 75 OT
Spann, Antwain 31 CB
Stevenson, Dan 63 OG

Depth Chart:
QB1 Brady
QB2 Cassel
Comment: No third QB is necessary. In theory, we could pick up Rohan after the Cardinals release him, but we'll use the roster spot elsewhere. If we suffer a QB injury (God Forbid), we'll sign a out of work QB. He won't be any worse than anyone we pick up now.

RB1 Dillon
RB2 Maroney

3B1 Faulk
3B2 Maroney

FB1 Mills

C1 Koppen
C2 Hochstein
C3 Mruczkowski

G1 Mankins
G2 Neal
G3 Hochstein
G4 Mruczkowski
G5 Kaczur

T1 Light
T2 Gorin
T3 Kaczur
T4 O' Callaghan

WR1 Branch
WR2 Caldwell
WR3 Brown
WR4 Jackson
WR5 Berlin
Comment: Due to fragile nature of EVERY SINGLE one of our top 4 WRs, I opted to keep five. Berlin makes it over Kight, as he looks to be the better inside receiver and plays on all special teams.

TE1 Watson
TE2 Graham
TE3 Thomas
TE4 Mills
TE5 Vrabel

DE1 Seymour
DE2 Warren
DE3 Green
DE4 Wright
DE5 Hill

NT1 Wilfork
NT2 Wright
NT3 Hill
NT4 Warren

OLB1 Vrabel
OLB2 Colvin
OLB3 Banta Cain
OLB4 Brown
OLB5 Alexander
OLB6 Mincey
OLB7 Woods

ILB1 Brushci
ILB2 Beisel
ILB3 Claiborne/Edwards
ILB4 Vrabel
ILB5 Gardner
ILB6 Alexander
ILB7 Roach
ILB8 Brown
ILB9 Davis
Comment: I need to see more, but both Roach and Woods look like they have some serious upside. They make the roster and will be inactive most weeks. I expect BB to sign a Free agent ILB, either Claiborne or Donnie Edwards, if released. If not, it allows Tebucky or Sullivan to make the team. I like Alexander's versatility, and in his few opportunities has made some really nice plays in coverage. I mean kick coverage, but he could definitely develop into a solid cover linebacker also.

CB1 Samuel
CB2 Hobbs
CB3 Gay
CB4 Wilson
CB5 Hawkins
CB6 Brown
Comment: Guys like Poteat and Chad Scott are likely only a phone call away.

S1 Harrison
S2 Wilson
S3 Sanders
S4 Hawkins
S5 Andrews
S6 Davis
Comment: Our depth here is what allows us to release Tebucky. With Harrison healthy, Jones wouldn't be any better than our #5 safety. I'd rather have the extra depth at linebacker.

LS1 Paxton
LS2 Mruczkowski
LS3 Mills
LS4 Thomas
Comment: This is what cements Mruczkowski's place on the team over similar interior players like Yates and Steitz.

Does the "thinking man" know that you stole his roster?:D

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
Doh! My bad. Sorry about that, I see V. Brown on the practice squad now. Forgot to put on my thinking man's cap first. ;)

Your top-40 are fairly non-controversial. The only questionmarks would be:

23. Gostkowski, Stephen 3 K << controversial, although I happen to agree
31. Beisel, Monty 52 ILB << seems like a sure thing, but he's dropping like a rock
34. Gay, Randall 21 CB << bubble player, given injury history and competition from others like Scott

Once we get into the 40s, I think there will be a lot of opinions:

41. Andrews, Willie 38 S << absolutely
42. Mincey, Jeremy 58 OLB << I agree, anyway
43. O'Callaghan, Ryan 68 OT << yes
44. Brown, Chad 98 OLB << yes
45. Davis, Don 51 ILB << a sure thing
46. Gardner, Barry 47 ILB << looks likely, especially since Mel Mitchell went down
47. Alexander, Eric 49 LB << I've posted elsewhere that Alexander = Tuitele = TC hero who'll never play in the NFL
48. Mruczkowski, Gene 64 OL << I'm prepared to send him to the shadow roster
49. Woods, Pierre 45 OLB << maybe. I like what he did against ATL
50. Roach, Freddie 48 ILB << maybe. This is mostly due to positional need
51. Claiborne, Chris/Edwards, Donnie ILB << I think if BB/SP was going to make this move, it would already be done
52. Berlin, Eddie 81 WR << crapshoot
53. Hill, Marquise 91 DL << likely, especially if we're looking more to the 4-3 than last year

My final 13 would look like this:

41. Andrews, Willie 38 S
42. Mincey, Jeremy 58 OLB
43. O'Callaghan, Ryan 68 OT
44. Brown, Chad 98 OLB
45. Davis, Don 51 ILB
47. Pass, Patrick 35 RB << ST stud, and a roster survivor. If not him, then it'll be Evans
48. Stevenson, Dan 63 OL << C/G with youth and upside, over Mruc
49. Woods, Pierre 45 OLB
51. Jones, Tebucky 34 S << cant believe you left him off!
52. Childress, Bam 13 WR/PR << he's the WR incumbant over Kight and Berlin, and a PR to boot
53. Hill, Marquise 91 DL

You keep Don Davis, but turn Izzo into a Wazzo. Care to explain?

Last edited:
Le Kevin Smith makes it over Roach (he looked lost in the Atlanta game), and Larry Izzo makes it over Barry Gardner. Those are my only changes, really. You don't have a backup NT right now, since Wright is better at DE.

This Saturday could be make-or-break for some of the bubble guys; their place on the depth chart, if not the 53, hangs in the balance. I imagine we will all have a clearer picture of our roster one week from now, so I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself, re: who makes it over whom.

Does anyone know when the 1st round of cuts is due? That could be an interesting 72 hours.

Aug. 29 - Roster cutdown to maximum of 75 players

Sept. 2 - Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players

Sept. 3 - Clubs may establish practice squad of eight players.

Umm, just to be a PITA, where is the outrage from the wise ones about the absurdity of anyone presupposing they know enough to pick out the entire roster? Where is the raving statement of disbelief? The prickly condescension? Where is the disgust from those with greater understanding for a poster who not only proposed what to do with one player but what to do with the complete lineup? My word, the post even includes players not yet signed by the team!!!

Last edited:
Mike the Brit said:
You keep Don Davis, but turn Izzo into a Wazzo. Care to explain?

I agree with this. Last season Don Davis had more special teams tackles than Izzo did. Davis he has been more than a pure STer on the field (he is fourth reserve ILB), and in the locker room as a Team leader.

The STs are getting too full of old timers, and I believe Izzo has lost more than a step. If Mel hadn't gotten injured, I thought both might yield to youth, but one stays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing