PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The sound of crickets on the local radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have not heard a peep about the draft on WEEI (no surprise there) or The Sports Hub (Gresh must be getting itchy...but maybe it is just a sweat rash). I got a books on tape from the library and just do not listen to local sports radio much anymore. Maybe in a week but I suspect that I will have to turn on WFAN out of New York to get Patriots news and draft coverage...as usual.

I can't wait to hear Lou Merloni's draft coverage in the midday and Mikey Adams in the evening. WEEI is still just a baseball station (hey how are those Sox working out for ya?) with a little football window dressing or maybe just one big commercial with occasional breaks for baseball. The morning today show was the usual Barry Bonds complaints; click.

And I do remember the worst draft coverage in the history of radio when Mike Felger was doing draft day (was he with WEEI then?); he kept saying how bored he was with the draft so we cannot expect any coverage from The Sports Hub except for Gresh and Zo (entertaining coverage actually).

I gotta tell ya, Im on about draft overload right now. This lockout is absolutely killing me. ive never put so much damn time into player research in my life.

Sirius NFL Radio. You get info on EVERY team and 95% of it is 100000x more informed than what you will get here on local radio for a day or two next week.

I have not heard a peep about the draft on WEEI (no surprise there) or The Sports Hub (Gresh must be getting itchy...but maybe it is just a sweat rash). I got a books on tape from the library and just do not listen to local sports radio much anymore. Maybe in a week but I suspect that I will have to turn on WFAN out of New York to get Patriots news and draft coverage...as usual.

I can't wait to hear Lou Merloni's draft coverage in the midday and Mikey Adams in the evening. WEEI is still just a baseball station (hey how are those Sox working out for ya?) with a little football window dressing or maybe just one big commercial with occasional breaks for baseball. The morning today show was the usual Barry Bonds complaints; click.

And I do remember the worst draft coverage in the history of radio when Mike Felger was doing draft day (was he with WEEI then?); he kept saying how bored he was with the draft so we cannot expect any coverage from The Sports Hub except for Gresh and Zo (entertaining coverage actually).
Is your life so meaningless that you need draft coverage two weeks out?? Duh, the Bruins are currently in the playoffs, the Celtics soon to be and of course there's the soap opera of the Sox.

The average sports fan can't get too deep into the draft - and it's tough to do it on the radio, of all places, where you can't even see video of the prospect being talked about.

None of these guys on the radio have the knowledge to even discuss so its a little moot.

But I have to say, the lockout has lessened the draft buzz to me for some extent. I usually probably spend twice the time researching prospects than I did this year. I watched a lot less of the college season and bowl games, too, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited:
Sirius NFL Radio. You get info on EVERY team and 95% of it is 100000x more informed than what you will get here on local radio for a day or two next week.

I second this!

Of course I'm listening to Ron borges right now..

I second this!

Of course I'm listening to Ron borges right now..

Can you check back in with us to verify you're still alive? I figure the average pats fan like me wants to kill himself when listening to Borges. :bricks:

Yeah, I only listed to this. I rarely listen to local radio, on ocassion they have a good interview but the drive in to work and home is brutal on local radio so Sirius fills the void.

I spent a whole month watching my UConn Huskies win 11 games in a row in the NCAAs, and I lost a lot of work/family time, that I've had to make up in the last couple of weeks, and am just now paying attention to the draft. Thank god for college basketball.

I gotta tell ya, Im on about draft overload right now. This lockout is absolutely killing me. ive never put so much damn time into player research in my life.

I am laughing at your statement Cousin! I am so football information starved, I could run anybodies Draft right now because I now know heights, weights, 10 yarder, 3-cones, arm length high schools, the cars they drive etc.. Give me the plane fare and I will interview them. I am so bored with trying to see who should go where and about a thousand mochs I've done, I am almost getting to look at these kids as relatives. I even know if they have an "inny" or an "outy" for a belly button by now! The bad thing is the more you find out about them, the more flaws you see. I am getting "five techniqued" to death.

The key is the personnel mentality of the Pats front office is so guarded, you can't get a read on what the perfect BB specimen is. We think we know, then he fools us. Not us, but all the "experts" too.

What happens on this forum is that we use BB as the standard, and that is nuts. He is not the normal "Drafter" and he has missed on as many as he has hit. If League average is 17% up and down the Draft, he might be at 22%. But he has been horrible a few years in the last ten as well as hitting a good crop on 2010.
DW Toys

Can you check back in with us to verify you're still alive? I figure the average pats fan like me wants to kill himself when listening to Borges. :bricks:

Checking in but I'll be honest, I wanted to call in and scream at Ross Tucker

Borges said people are starting to question BB method of drafting, really who?? We went 14-2 and turned the roster over in 2 years.. And why we didn't keep Seymour for two years and draft mathews.. Um.. because if we kept Richard, no wilfork.. And 25 other teams passed on Mathews

Best one was if we had Seymour, LT would have never run 20 yds on the final play to win them the game.. Hello!!! If we had a healthy Warren, it would have been different.. Borges is an idiot.. And I hate when he invades my satellite radio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes