The Seattle Seahawks are pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasmlab

Starting QB, won 20 SBs, number is retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If I take of my Pats homer glass a minute, the Seahawks look like a great team to root for. For example:

- Last time they met the mighty NE Patriots, they won.
- Their star quarterback was a 3rd round pick who had to earn his reputation playing, unlike guys like Manziel or Brady Quinn who got endorsement deals before even taking a snap
- They win a lot recently
- In a passer-driven league, they win with a good running game and a good defense.
- Last year, they humiliated the statistically best offense of all NFL history, led by you-know-who, in the biggest game of the year.
- The comeback they launched in the last few minutes against Green Bay at the end of the season was absolutely magical.

As a Pats fan, I can't imagine there's anybody else in the NFC we'd prefer to play. A win will be absolutely delicious and one of the reasons is because Seattle is an intriguing, talented, winning team.

Last edited:
They are arrogant which makes them easy to hate IMO. always running their mouths. theres something in winning with dignity. But when the seahawks do they just choose to yap and disrespect their opponent.

I lost alot of respect for them with Shermans whole rant about Crabtree and running his mouth at Brady after the pats game vs them.

They are arrogant which makes them easy to hate IMO. always running their mouths. theres something in winning with dignity. But when the seahawks do they just choose to yap and disrespect their opponent.

I lost alot of respect for them with Shermans whole rant about Crabtree and running his mouth at Brady after the pats game vs them.

Meh, Sherman's one guy. Carroll and Michael Bennett and Russell Wilson have all been class. Earl Thomas is class.

Can't believe Sherman won't be fined for what he said - seriously, went right to the credibility of the commissioner. You can't do that if you're a player or coach. he's pushing it.

I dunno. Michael Bennett's comments seemed pretty on the level to me. Of course, Jeremy Lane's remarks re: Gronkowski were foolish, which is probably why you had Pete Carroll essentially call him stupid in front of the entire sports world. Sherman is...Sherman. I used to think he was just a garden variety idiot, but actually I think he's quite savvy and is essentially the NFL's Grand Master troll.

Remove #3 and #25 from that team and I could cheer for them.

Wilson is holier than thou and says stund things all the time like 'i knew that play would win us the game...I predicted it before hand'.

Sherman, although evidently very intelligent is not very smart at all...and he just won't shut up man. It gets old. If you made a good play no need to yell and scream and run to people to attempt to shake their hand. He never achieved world peace, he just batted a ball away.

#BeastMode I absolutely love, that dude can flat out ball and their linebackers play lightening fast.

Let our secondary do what it do and keep the prophet Isiah in the pocket.

I would have preferred to play GB. They did however make inopportune mental errors that cost them the game (and props to Seattle for going out and taking it from them).

There is absolutely NO REASON to speak highly of an opponent - EVER - if you are a fan. My 9 year old son asked me, "Dad, who's your favorite player not on the Patriots?" I said, "No one. If he's not on the Patriots, he's an enemy." I don't play fantasy football for that reason - you can't be REAL fan of your team and play imaginary football games and root for an outcome that could possibly have a negative impact on your HOMETOWN team!!!!!!!
Now before people in here get all high and mighty about respecting an opponent, etc. - this has nothing to do with my kid "respecting" his U10 travel soccer opponent; it's about having disdain for anything that wears an opposing professional uniform - be it Montreal bleu, blanc, et rouge, NY pinstripes, NYJ Green, or LA purple and yellow...they are the ENEMY!!!!!!!

The fact that they embarrassed Denver last year gives me a reason to respect them. That being said I don't like their arrogance. From Sherman, to Lynch to Kearse. All set. I just hope we are ready for their speed and physical play. The Broncos were not last year. Perhaps the Ravens game was good for as it prepped the team for what the Seahawks bring.

I dunno. Michael Bennett's comments seemed pretty on the level to me. Of course, Jeremy Lane's remarks re: Gronkowski were foolish, which is probably why you had Pete Carroll essentially call him stupid in front of the entire sports world. Sherman is...Sherman. I used to think he was just a garden variety idiot, but actually I think he's quite savvy and is essentially the NFL's Grand Master troll.

Yeah I'm with you. Sherman's good at marketing himself even if it brings some criticism...without running his mouth he's Haden or Patterson, whether intentional or not he's made himself a (relative to other CB's) household name.

Beyond him they're not running their mouths. Chancellor and Thomas are beasts, so fun to watch. Same with Lynch, and I personally love the crazy antics and shunning the media. Wilson's a great story and one of the few who's been able to bring that read option to life while staying upright and having enough of an arm to be dangerous in the passing game too. Carroll's just never bothered me, seems like a good enough guy, probably cheated his way back to the NFL but he wouldn't be the first.

All in all I have a ton of respect for the Hawks and generally like a lot of guys on that team. I'll hate the hell out of them on Sunday but this isn't Jets or Ravens territory, not by a long shot.

- Last year, they humiliated the statistically best offense of all NFL history, led by you-know-who, in the biggest game of the year.

This is the only thing that matters. They took care of the business that we couldn't and I like them for that alone. The only thing that alleviated the sting of our AFCCG loss to the Peytie-led front running Broncos was what Seattle did to them in the SB. I also think they have a great team.

This makes them hate-worthy and, for me, dispels any notion of the Seahawks being a class act:

lynch.jpg

sherman-yell2.jpg

Last edited:
Meh. Pats should have beat them. That wasn't intentional grounding, Ghost kicks the FG, Pats end up winning.
Possibly the most absurd grounding call in NFL history.

Cool? I would not call them cool. They are a very good football team.

I was thinking the other day that they remind me of the Panther team that the Patriots played in the SB. Certainly there are differences but they are built like that team.

If the Pats weren't in the Superbowl, naturally I'd root for the NFC, and as such would have MUCH preferred to see the Packers in there... Much classier organization.

I do kinda like Wilson, he is a a level headed, humble fellow. The rest of the team, they can go suck it for all I care!

The Seahawks are an impressive team, but "cool"? They are a bunch of loud mouth idiots. Maybe an incredibly talented bunch of loud mouth idiots, but they are not likable people for the most part.

They are a fun team to watch but there are things I highly dislike about them. I like players with a little arrogance but not the in your face kind that Sherman employs. It is to the point where other players aren't angry or frustrated but just purely annoyed by him.

Also, the color of their field combined w/ the unis blend together and actually hurt my eyes a little.

If I take of my Pats homer glass a minute, the Seahawks look like a great team to root for. For example:

- Last time they met the mighty NE Patriots, they won.
- Their star quarterback was a 3rd round pick who had to earn his reputation playing, unlike guys like Manziel or Brady Quinn who got endorsement deals before even taking a snap
- They win a lot recently
- In a passer-driven league, they win with a good running game and a good defense.
- The comeback they launched in the last few minutes against Green Bay at the end of the season was absolutely magical.

As a Pats fan, I can't imagine there's anybody else in the NFC we'd prefer to play. A win will be absolutely delicious and one of the reasons is because Seattle is an intriguing, talented, winning team.
If you were hoping for some rational reaction posting that in here not so much.

You might as well be a narc at a biker rally.

Lets see how they do after all these young'uns need to get paid. See if they can manage the cap and still be as good as they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case