PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Return of Chad ... Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week is gonna be his break out game!

Chad Johnson would deserve another chance, especially on the cheap

I sincerely doubt that. I'll bet that there are several CEOs that come to this site.

If theyre CEOs, they didnt achieve that status from jacking around on twitter and not knowing what the heck is going on in their respective professions.

This week is gonna be his break out game!

I hope he doesn't perform on his honeymoon night like he did on the field this year,or his wife is going to be saying..."is it over yet"?

For LE$$ money and a full offseason to learn the playbook, he might prove useful. As a fan, I'm willing to look at all kinds of options. If the Pats can save some money on him (provided he can be productive, of course), they might be able to spend more on the defense or another free agent... I was never a huge fan of his, but there HAS to be something left in the tank...

If theyre CEOs, they didnt achieve that status from jacking around on twitter and not knowing what the heck is going on in their respective professions.

There's a few ways to get there, but being good at politics and manipulation tends be the most critical factors in most cases. Neither are skills needed to be a good CEO. There are many good CEO's out there, but there are many who are unproductive for their companies also.

Jealous? No, I pity your hero. I really do.

How embarrassing is it for Stinko to play all this time in the NFL and he has to be told by 2 year player Arron Hernandez (who earns a fraction of 6 million dollars) where to line up in the Super Bowl.

1 TD all season. And, Stinko acts like everything is cool. Wow, sad.

Chad got paid $6Million from the Patriots, yep everything is ok! You mad bro? lmfao!!!

You meant ENVY not pity! You think Chad would switch lives and bank accounts with you? LMFAO!!!!!

Last edited:
Chad got paid $6Million from the Patriots, yep everything is ok! You mad bro? lmfao!!!

You meant ENVY not pity! You think Chad would switch lives and bank accounts with you? LMFAO!!!!!

Im disappointed that Belichick didnt bring in a real NFL WR in lieu of Stinko because winning isn't important to that Poser. Just like it wasnt back in Natti.

Money and attention are whats most important.

He was supossed to change his name back a few years ago when he got shut down by Revis (I think it was). He said he had his fingers crossed. I think he just didn't want to pay Reebok all that money for those pre-printed Ochocinco jerseys. I doubt he'll change it again. Maybe if he does, he'll go back to the old Chad. The one who wanted to be the best WR in the game.

For LE$$ money and a full offseason to learn the playbook, he might prove useful. As a fan, I'm willing to look at all kinds of options. If the Pats can save some money on him (provided he can be productive, of course), they might be able to spend more on the defense or another free agent... I was never a huge fan of his, but there HAS to be something left in the tank...

Whether there is something left in his tank is inconsequential. He doesn't fit the system. He had a full TC, pre season, regular season, post season...111 practices over 28 weeks and he still couldn't even line up right pre snap let alone execute post snap. Cincy knew what he was, talented athlete with limited capacity to focus whose success was predicated on feeding him the ball which he caught 50-60% of the time which is why despite his cumulative numbers you were on the outside looking in at the end of every season. This system demands guys who will be where they are supposed to be 95% of the time and catch the damn ball upwards of 75% of the time they are targeted or they simply stop wasting time targeting you. Chad wasn't that guy in his prime. Belichick must have convinced himself Palmer was the reason why. He was only part of it, and perhaps the ultimate victim of it. Same deal with Whosyourmama...who also can't put up numbers any more because targeting him is a crap shoot. That's the big difference between fantasy football and the actual game played on the field. Stats are worthless unless they lead to an actual NFL team winning.

Chad won't lose sleep over this season. And he won't be spending time in his playbook, more like his script. He's too busy maintaining his celebrity to let a little setback like another failed football season derail his long term goals. He's off to film his new celebrity reality spin off series (they should call it The Wedding - A Non MF'ing Factors Match Made in Heaven) that will culminate with a July ratings ceremony that will hopefully land them a fall series - or that honeymoon will be shortlived and Evelyn will be returning to the cast of We're Not Actually Basketball Wives.

Maybe then he could pitch a series concept to VH-1 based on his high profile celebrity support system teaming up to host a new reality WR post career aftermath series about divas whose egos derailed potential championship caliber seasons and careers.

I'll bet that 100% of the people on this board were never paid close to 6 million dollars for producing so little.

Donald Hayes, Duane Starks, Adalius Thomas, Albert Haynesworth.

Add Chad Johnson to the wall of shame.

Welker let the team down? NO, 85 let the Pats down when they needed him the most.

As much of a locker-room problem he was, AD produced just fine in his first 25 games as a Pat. Remember that he played ILB his first 6 games of 07. He was 32 and done in 09. Bad signing- yes but unlike the other bums you mention he actually produced.

I think we save 1.5m on the cap if we cut him?
To me that little cap savings says keep him, hopefully he can learn the playbook, and if not figure out a way to make him useful -- have him line up next to the pats side and have a coach tell him what the play is if it gets to that point, with no option routes.

A coaches job is to put their players in the best position to produce. I feel like this staff fails to do that with talented but not mentally sharp receivers.

To me that little cap savings says keep him, hopefully he can learn the playbook, and if not figure out a way to make him useful -- have him line up next to the pats side and have a coach tell him what the play is if it gets to that point, with no option routes.

A coaches job is to put their players in the best position to produce. I feel like this staff fails to do that with talented but not mentally sharp receivers.

His salary is $3M and that cash can go towards a FA replacement. His cap savings is $1.5M and that can also go towards that players cap hit...

Not mentally sharp receivers are a personnel problem, not a coaching one. They all have talent at this level but talent is only as valuable as it's ability to get on the field and stay on the field and perform within your system. Ours is complex, and it's not worth dumbing down at the expense of consistent performance and winning. Talent doesn't win championships, just ask the Eagles or Redskins or the Cowboys... This is a coaches league and execution and playmakers regardless of prototypical talent stepping up is what wins championships. Takes a certain level of talent, but they all haves ome at this level, and as we underscored this season you can get there with less talent and consistent execution and great coaching far more often than you can with talent simply winging it.

And FWIW Chad isn't dumb, he's quite intelligent. He's just self absorbed. He claims he knows the playbook. His issue is he can't execute within the system because he can't be himself. He can't be the entertainer, the class clown, the attention seeker. He can't diminish a screw up with a non football performance to distract attention from the bottom line like he did for a decade in Cincy. It's all too serious here and demands too much focus on detail and he's got too much else going on in his life to focus on football with the kind of intensity demanded of players here. He can't block out the noise because noise is what he craves.

Last edited:

Basically. I say if we let him play in 2011 after evidence of suckage, why cut him now when he basically costs $1.5mil? He should be better next season

As much of a locker-room problem he was, AD produced just fine in his first 25 games as a Pat. Remember that he played ILB his first 6 games of 07. He was 32 and done in 09. Bad signing- yes but unlike the other bums you mention he actually produced.

The only thing Adalius will be widely remembered POSITIVELY for in NE was the sack of both Brett Favre AND Leon Washington at the same time.

Hopefully Chad "Johnson" won't be playing for the Patriots next season.

Basically. I say if we let him play in 2011 after evidence of suckage, why cut him now when he basically costs $1.5mil? He should be better next season

His 2012 cap hit is $4.5M and his salary is $3M. Last season his salary and bonus cost $6M but he only counted $2.8M against the cap. If we cut him we don't have to pay him another $3M and his one year dead cap hit for nothing is $3M (about what his cap hit was in 2011 for 15 receptions) and then we're done with him. Roster spaces also have value and wasting one can really bite you in the ass... Targets are another thing that can be wasted. Every time you target a player who doesn't make plays that's one less target for the guys who do...

That's why regardless of snaps they targeted him less and less as the season progressed. Didn't want to waste opportunities that were better served by targeting bonefide playmakers.

For all of the folks that defended Chad Johnson with insults and pathetic arguments all season in here should bury their heads in shame as far as any objective football conversation goes.

Chad played like a bum all season long and was washed up years ago. I can't believe that Bellicheck's judgment was this poor last off season and this year.

For all of the folks that defended Chad Johnson with insults and pathetic arguments all season in here should bury their heads in shame as far as any objective football conversation goes.

Chad played like a bum all season long and was washed up years ago. I can't believe that Bellicheck's judgment was this poor last off season and this year.

BB really liked him at the pro bowls and what not. Chad duped everyone.

I figured Johnson for about 700 yards and 5 - 6 TDs this season. About what Branch had this year. To me, that seemed to be a fair first season on a new team with so many passing weapons.

Imagine if he came through in the SB with Gronk hobbled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes