PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly and ONLY seeing that in the report is as bad as a punch in the face. Sucker Punch city, it makes us look immensely guilty

the first time I looked at it, this is how I felt

after reading the whole thing, I realized that there is nothing of substance......the most damning things (the texts) don't even anything definitive about an instruction by brady to break rules

between the 'science' of exponent and the league pre game bumbling, nobody can be sure of anything

damning to who? there's nothing that says brady wanted the balls out of spec. deflating them to 12.5 psi is not against the rules.......you would have to have evidence that brady instructed them to alter the balls after the refs inspected them. it is more likely that these guys messed up and missed doing it before the refs got their hands on them and decided to take matters into their own hands
It is worded in the report to show intent and guilt. It clearly makes the point that Brady has known of this entire process, what are we disagreeing on? It doesnt directly say BRADY TEXTED THEM LOL DEFLATE DEM BALLS but it was worded in a way to show any readers that Brady is clearly the villain here.
We're in agreement I just think we're disagreeing over how to word our responses.

Brady is a star. McNally is not. Brady does not want details of his personal life in anyone's possession. And you might feel the same if it were you.
And with all the leaks, how could he expect any personal or confidential information unrelated to the investigation to stay that way???

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pa...-insult-to-tom-brady-and-new-england-patriots

In related news, balls from that Jets game were was found to be inflated at 16 PSI. That’s far higher than the legal maximum, and far higher than Brady was comfortable with. So again, he was pissed.

He consulted the rulebook and found that game balls were permitted to be as low as 12.5 PSI. In turn, he once again reached out to Jastremski and asked (or probably demanded) that future balls be maintained as low as legally possible.

It is worded in the report to show intent and guilt. It clearly makes the point that Brady has known of this entire process, what are we disagreeing on? It doesnt directly say BRADY TEXTED THEM LOL DEFLATE DEM BALLS but it was worded in a way to show any readers that Brady is clearly the villain here.
We're in agreement I just think we're disagreeing over how to word our responses.

I disagree.......there is much more to the texts that indicate intent by McNally himself

the first time I looked at it, this is how I felt

after reading the whole thing, I realized that there is nothing of substance......the most damning things (the texts) don't even anything definitive about an instruction by brady to break rules

between the 'science' of exponent and the league pre game bumbling, nobody can be sure of anything
I wont lie, with my work schedule and job I cant read that whole thing. I skimmed it. Ok, I skimmed it alot. and there are even points where the report conflicts itself at times.

But the media has grabbed what it wanted to grab and shown only the negative aspects of this report. Which is why I feel a storm is coming for us whether we want to see it or not.

This is a joke I like that after 24 hours people with half a mind see this for what it truly is.
A witch hunt, a vendetta for Brady killing the NFL dream of parity.
A very biased report that looks like a school teacher with a agenda trying to get the popular kid kicked out of school because he suffers with a complex he hasn't got over of his school years.
I hope Kraft really steps up his game and throws this piece of garbage Goodell out of the league.
I don't care how much money you have made while hes been in control if Brady is like a son to you then prove it Mr Kraft some things go well past the scope of business.
This certainly should qualify since Toms good name and career is being dragged thru the mud.
Honestly this NFL makes me sick and I wish we had someone like Paul Tags not this media whore Goodell.
Who is like a bad J Edgar Hoover sorry excuse and I wouldn't let him run a ice cream parlor let alone the NFL!

damning to who? there's nothing that says brady wanted the balls out of spec. deflating them to 12.5 psi is not against the rules.......you would have to have evidence that brady instructed them to alter the balls after the refs inspected them. it is more likely that these guys messed up and missed doing it before the refs got their hands on them and decided to take matters into their own hands

Low man on Totem Pole takes blame.

From Reiss' column this morning about backup QBs preparing the balls...
>>>>
Zolak left the Patriots following the 1998 season. He suspects the rookie QB who came in for the 1999 season inherited his job preparing the balls for Bledsoe.

"That would be Tom," Zolak said.<<<<<<
No it wouldn't...

Unless I am going batty, TB didn't get drafted until 2000....

I wont lie, with my work schedule and job I cant read that whole thing. I skimmed it. Ok, I skimmed it alot. and there are even points where the report conflicts itself at times.

But the media has grabbed what it wanted to grab and shown only the negative aspects of this report. Which is why I feel a storm is coming for us whether we want to see it or not.

the 'AHA's' came out yesterday......now that more and more people have red it entirely, more and more are asking 'what is this garbage'? the report itself reeks of a pre research conclusion to be drawn. It reeks of being done in a way to support the initial claim and not get to a factual based result.

Brady's day long interview is relegated to a footnote......eveything is done to make it look a certain way.

whne I first skimmed it yesterday, I said 'this looks bad' ...... much less so today (I read it last night)

Low man on Totem Pole takes blame.

well.....with the absence of anything definitive, that's where it usually goes.

more than anything, I can't believe the league office is out for 'the integrity of the game' and did not simply address the entire issue before the AFCC to make sure a problem doesn't result. Instead, the sting was on (and the only thing it could have been planned as was a sting) and could not have been implemented more incompetently (most likely due to the alterior motives of guys like Kensil and Grigson)

Which is why I feel a storm is coming for us whether we want to see it or not.

Oh ya a storm is coming?

buried on the 228th page was this nugget: “In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain.”

I.e. "We really don't know and have no proof but f*ck it we are gonna say they probably did it anyway"

Give me a break with your cowardly "we're in so much trouble" rhetoric

rational thought will eventually tear the entire report apart

a punishment will be handed down, an appeal will be made......only then will the mud start being thrown in BOTH directions ..... given that Brady's image has already been damaged, the only thing left will be to prove how utterly incompetent and agenda driven the NFL front office is. Regardless of the ultimate decision regarding Brady's fate, I thin this could be the one that decides that Goodell is not good for the face of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST