PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goofing around, meaning blowing off steam in a goofy way. There's no way he's actually going to "mess with Brady" - he'd get fired in a heartbeat and become a pariah in New England.

It was a typical working-class remark against the demigod, so to speak (and I'm not saying that as a pejorative to either).

People LOVE attacking (or vowing to bring down a peg) others they see on a high horse.

Yeah they will fire him for goofing around. But Brady would quietly tolerate a guy´´ blackmailing`` him to prepare a ball at will in exchange for autographs.

What bothers me is the lack of fire from Brady on this. Makes me more suspicious than the actual report. Maybe he will come out firing today but he sure does not act like someone that did not do anything wrong and is being destroyed in the media by this league sanctioned report.
You're using the Ted Wells logic

“Look, did the Patriots break the rules? Well, in the court of laws where there are felonies and misdemeanors this is less than a misdemeanor,” said Schefter. “This is rolling through a stop sign.”

Thnx Schfter. Is he from Boston?

@RapSheet: Don Yee, Tom Brady’s agent: “The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment.“

Is he denying it or what?

@SNFonNBC: .@ProFootballTalk says a suspension of Tom Brady seems unavoidable http://t.co/D71opfheW6 http://t.co/zbUJaWFerK

“Look, did the Patriots break the rules? Well, in the court of laws where there are felonies and misdemeanors this is less than a misdemeanor,” said Schefter. “This is rolling through a stop sign.”

Thnx Schfter. Is he from Boston?

But being the best player on the best team seemingly bumps this up to a felony using Jet-centric NFLFO logic...

You're using the Ted Wells logic

Ted Wells didn't apply very much logic. The use of the word "probably" throughout the report coupled with using Exponent for his scientific research smack of a man who cared about being right based on a preconceived notion more than a man who cared about getting to the bottom of this.

Woody Johnson: Publicly text book tampers: $100k fine

Brady: No evidence except a few text between 2 guys that doesnt implicate Brady other than complaining about the ball being too inflated and wanting it at 12.5: suspension?

What a joke.

@RapSheet: Don Yee: “The Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical. It would have provided context that it lacks”

@RapSheet: Don Yee: “It’s omission of key facts & lines of inquiry suggest investigators reached a conclusion, then determined so-called facts later.”

@RapSheet: Don Yee, Tom Brady’s agent: “The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment.“

Is he denying it or what?

@SNFonNBC: .@ProFootballTalk says a suspension of Tom Brady seems unavoidable http://t.co/D71opfheW6 http://t.co/zbUJaWFerK

Its more probably than not that he will maybe say somenthing possibly in a near future.

Tom Brady is an NFL QB. He is not the second-coming of Ronald Regan or Bill Clinton. People need to cut him some slack.

The NFLPA told him to clam up. The problem is the Brady cannot say that as it would make him look like he is hiding. The problem is that the optics are awful.

The optics are awful for the NFL and the Wells report. All of the other infractions or behaviors that resulted in fines and suspensions were built on tangible evidence: Woody tampering (video), Spygate (video), Bountygate (money, testimony, audiotape), Ray Rice (video), etc. This one is built on "more probable than not" and a bunch of texts between team staffers.

Now, the NFL has to do something after bungling so many of the previous ones. I think the Woody Johnson $100,000 fine is a clue to what's coming. Guilty but a slap on the wrist.

The NFL publicly said they would eject Marshawn Lynch from the NFC Championship Game if he wore gold cleats. A one-game suspension for gold-freaking-cleats. Link: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...hawn-lynch-pete-carroll-russell-wilson-011815

I'm just a visiting Seahawks fan, but after reading a lot of this report and all the text messages in it, Brady deserves to be suspended for a good number of games. Sorry, most of you won't like it, but too bad. Compare what the league was threatening to do to Lynch in a critical playoff game FOR THE COLOR OF HIS CLEATS to what everyone now FACTUALLY knows about Brady from this report and there is literally no defense in favor of not suspending Brady.

Fact, not opinion.

What facts exactly? ;)

Kids, this what happens when your soul is crushed by Brady and co. Jealous yammerings about poop and nonsense.

Kraft in the next offseason should quote owner of jets word for word except about mo Wilkerson instead of Revis, and lets see what happens.

what did you base this on?

you do realize that repeated statement construct motive, don't you?

I could just as easily see a guy like this learning to hate his boss when his boss is Brady....osunds like typical vendetta to me

I base it on personal experience 9for 20 years). I've been trolled on message boards since there were message boards. I've had people with vendettas against me for no logical reason, repeating false information all the time, assigning motive to things I've done and the like.

Half of the reason an entertainer is paid is because he/she gives miserable people something to ***** about.

Don Yee: “It’s omission of key facts & lines of inquiry suggest investigators reached a conclusion, then determined so-called facts later.”

Brady's agent

I'm glad Yee has called it a sting because Wells saying it wasn't is a bare faced lie that can be found right there in his "report".

Email from the Colts to the league talking about how it would be " nice" to "catch" the Patriots....the league then go on to not inform NE of the complaint in an attempt to catch them...sure that's not a sting Teddy.

@RapSheet: Don Yee: “The Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical. It would have provided context that it lacks”

@RapSheet: Don Yee: “It’s omission of key facts & lines of inquiry suggest investigators reached a conclusion, then determined so-called facts later.”

Yet the report includes unrelated exchanges between Jastrzemski and his mother.

Good job making sure all of the relevant information was in there Ted.

@Rachel__Nichols: Wow. Tom Brady's agent with a scathing statement on Wells Report, cites heavy conflict of interest, sting operation: http://t.co/Phk5AOuVIb

That's correct ESPN

If that's true, then it lends credence that Wells was a man who cared more about being right than he did about the truth.

Payton should have known as it was GOING ON WITH HIS COACHING STAFF AND HE IS THE HEAD COACH. You fool.

If "Ignorance isn't an excuse" than I guess head coaches should be suspended if ANYONE in the organization, no matter how small, is doing something wrong without their directive or knowledge. You really can't see a difference?

Now go back to sleep.

Ignorance is your choice.

Belichick is responsible for HIS team and support staff as it relates to competing in the NFL.

Go bsck to burying your head in the sand.

Wage war, Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back