PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem would be if the Pats and TB tampered with the balls after the refs measured them and thus far I haven't seen any evidence that this may have occurred. Mid week joking about needles and deflating/inflating balls is not a rules violation.

4. If tom Brady chooses to go after Wells for defamation of character he probably more than likely would obtain a judgment against him. Now is the time for the Pats to stand up to the commish.

I would LOVE for that to happen.

Not only would it ruin both "investigations" Wells has done for the NFL it would end his career...what kind of "hot shot" lawyer gets his ass sued for libel?

Example of the problem with looking at text messages without context:

Person A: Make sure dinner is on the table when I get home tonight.
Person B: GFY.
Person A: If it's not on the table when I walk through the door, I'll kick your ass.
Person B: You're going to be home at X o'clock, right? Dinner will be ready then.

We all know, or at least every single literate one of us knows, that the above exchange could be deadly serious, and could be two people screwing around.

Looks like my parent's texts to each other and they've been married for 47 years. :p

This report is biased and highly suspect. 1. No definitive finding of wrong doing. 2. Interpretation of E-mails that are open to question. 3. Indicting a man character with suspect evidence that would be laughed out of court. 4. If Brady is suspended and appeals a netural and unbiased hearings officer would overrule that suspension without question. 4. If tom Brady chooses to go after Wells for defamation of character he probably more than likely would obtain a judgment against him. Now is the time for the Pats to stand up to the commish.

There's nothing I've read in the report that would put Brady in the position of winning a defamation suit.

And if you go to the 'science' appendix, Table 1o predicts that just from temperature change alone, the Patriots balls should have lost 1.13 psi and Colts balls 1.15 psi, if they indeed started at 12.5 and 13.0 psi respectively as assumed.

Even this is wrong. 12.5 should drop to 11.27 while 13.5 should drop to 12.22. Of course this is based on them being measured properly which is a huge problem. Look at the measurements on page 163. The measurements between the same NFL officials at halftime are up to .45 PSI different on the same ball.

The report is laced with speculation from not recording the actual pressure of the balls prior to game time, to the length of time Brady talked on the phone.. it all goes downhill from there..

Brady stand up for yourself, do not get railroaded by the NFL...

This is so f'ing stupid.
Here are my issues:

1. 'Probable' - not beyond a reasonable doubt
2. It seems like everything is through text messages and things were implied, no real investigation.
2. 243 pages for the stupidest investigation ever.

Sorry Goodell, but you suck
It's probable because Wells could not find any other excuse

Are people just going to ignore this? I'm not saying Brady's guilty, but it definitely doesn't help and in the court of public opinion he pretty much is guilty

Attachments

• CEVqLapUIAA8FNj.png
    CEVqLapUIAA8FNj.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 59
Looks like my parent's texts to each other and they've been married for 47 years. :p

:D

That was an almost word-for-word repetition of a conversation had in my household last night. For the record, the entire thing was spoken in jest as part of a running joke, and both parties knew that from the beginning.

Wells seems to read a lot into text messages. But like anything in print, they are so prone to be really out of context.

It's almost as if he is viewing the evidence through the Omissioner's eyes.

Hang on. so 2 guys that have to work part time with the patriots organisation (I'm guessing, not getting paid a huge amount) are supposed to be involved in a conspricy with the QB of the NE patriots to deflate footballs before the 2nd biggest game of the year. It turns out to be the biggest "Non" story of the year. And they don't sing.
don't they understand that their story would be worth more than new kicks and autographs.
I understand that some of the messages don't look great, but the Wells conclusions are shall we say stretching the truth just a huge amount.

Bob Kraft needs to grow a pair.

Next big move, Brady comment or NFL action? I'm guessing NFL action.

This. I've said it plenty of times. Pay the salaries of the players, and then tell the NFL to bleep off. This is so stupid..now Felger is comparing some elements to Hernandez case. Sickening.
Exactly what I'd expect from him though.

This report makes no sense whatsoever. The starting pressures of each set of balls are only assumed, not measured.

And if you go to the 'science' appendix, Table 1o predicts that just from temperature change alone, the Patriots balls should have lost 1.13 psi and Colts balls 1.15 psi, if they indeed started at 12.5 and 13.0 psi respectively as assumed.

The halftime measurements then show the Patriots balls to have lost 1.01-1.39 in pressure on average, within the range of predictions, while the Colts balls lost LESS than predicted by the equations (0.45-1.01 psi). Huh? How does that happen without tampering?

This discrepancy is completely ignored in the report. No one bothers to notice or explain how the Colts balls decided to defy the laws of nature. To my eye, that's way more suspicious.

The most damning thing in the report that I can see is the difference in variability in final pressures, but even that observation is meaningless without anyone having recorded the initial pressures. What idiots!

This needs to be a sticky. This right here is undeniable evidence that either A. Well's is completely incompetent, or B. This was not an honest investigation but a spin job to make the Patriots look guilty.

I think if the NFL tries to suspend Brady after this stupid report the Patriots should refuse to play the season opener and ruin kickoff night

why on earth would anyone from the organization give their phone records willingly to wells? tell him to get a warrant....

Last edited:
When I read this comment of Goodell I threw up in my mouth a little bit... f..in g fraud of a commissioner.

"At the same time, we will continue our efforts vigorously to protect the integrity of the game and promote fair play at all times."

More Texts - Pre Chicago Bears. "Needle" reference will be heavily referred to as evidence seen by Wells that this was habitual:
Whatever else, this guy was incredibly stupid to be text crap this way.

I think if the NFL tries to suspend Brady after this stupid report the Patriots should refuse to play the season opener and ruin kickoff night
Then when the next 18 games, go 18-1 again, this time winning the Super Bowl...

Kraft is the problem right now.

He needs to go Al Davis on the NFL.
Hoping Kraft makes his point in primetime September when he ignores Goodell at the Patriots championship banner raising game against the Steelers. Can you imagine Goodell suspending Brady for that game?? Fans at Foxborough will be on fire. Would love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back