PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Post game venting thread.(merged a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can we build a Defense now please?

I think the defense is a few pieces away from being "built." I thought they played pretty well last night. A couple additions to the front seven, a safety or two, perhaps another corner...

....need an upgrade at the LB's if you ask me.

The thought of being beaten by a big helmeted dork for a 3rd time in a row while costing us 2 superbowls just makes me want to barf while putting my head through a wall.

Last edited:
The next the Patriots win the Super Bowl, whether it's next year, 10 years from now, 30 years from now, whenever, I'm going to cry like a baby. I think after all we've been through as Patriots fans since our last title, that elusive 4th SB win is going to, somehow, be sweeter than the first. For me at least.

D played awesome, i saw guys creating fumbles, finishing tackles and I even saw a little pass rush as well. The offense was sputtering but it is what it is. I dont think the blame goes on anyone, its a team game... we win as a team and we lose as a team

D played awesome, i saw guys creating fumbles, finishing tackles and I even saw a little pass rush as well. The offense was sputtering but it is what it is. I dont think the blame goes on anyone, its a team game... we win as a team and we lose as a team

I don't know about awesome, but they definitely made Eli and the Giants earn their yards. Eli was pressured and the coverages were overall sound. Most of his completions were just beautifully placed passes, which is impressive because a lot of them were with pressure in his face. One or two stops before the Giants made it to mid-field would've upgraded their performance to awesome in my eyes.

After having a few days to lick my wounds the only part of this game that really makes me angry is the pass to Welker on 2nd and 11... I'm not pissed he dropped it or that Brady overthrew him, but I'm angry that it happened at all. There's definitely times you take that gamble, but given the circumstances I just can't understand it.

Giants were the better team...but the offense came up small yet again against a good defense. How many more chokejobs do we need to see before realizing that something's wrong here?

Brady really is the new Peyton Manning. Pads his stats against bad teams and struggles mightily against good defenses.

Last edited:
Giants shortest drive was 9 plays long. Stomp the defense love fest.

Giants shortest drive was 9 plays long. Stomp the defense love fest.

This defense cant get a 3 and out to save their lives.

The OC should have run a reverse the play before Welker's incompletion. The Giants proved that they couldnt stop the reverse, while running straight up the gut provided little gain for the Pats RBs.
One reverse there, Pats get in FG range and then they can milk the clock even further.

I was looking at that last play again, because I love to torture myself.:bricks:

It's amazing how close that play was to being completed, not by the gronk dive, but where Welker and Gronk were positioned on the play. It was clear that the play was designed to get hernandez to use his height to bat the ball back. Unfortunately, his timing was off and he didn't get a chance to plant and jump. But with his height and vertical, it was a great play design. So damn close. Welker and Gronk were right there for the tip. The ball ultimately fell it the only spot where they couldn't make a play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft