PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Perfect Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Bostonian who retired to Ft Walton Bch FL. As a lifetime pats fan, I'm rooting for Miami to win a couple; our SF 1st round pick gets better. If I were a Miami Fan, I would root for a winless season at this point so that my tean could get a franchise QB in the draft .

Sorry but this post is so wrong in so many ways. What kind of a fan roots for his team to lose? That's crap, I always want the Fins to win.

As for our franchise QB, I'll take John Beck over any of the turds in this upcoming draft. Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Brennan, Booty...everyone is over rated.

First off, don't make it something it's not by calling Ginn the #3.

Ginn is the #1 and one of the 5 best return guys in football. We got a play making receiver who is on the cusp of breaking out but our current QB is incredibly inaccurate beyond 10 yards and can't even dream of hitting Ginn with his 4.2 speed in stride. To couple that, we also got our QB of the future, so I chose both.

lol

ginn.... beck

future pro bowlers ladies and gentlemen.

at least you guys have ronnie brown

oh wait
hahaha

First off, don't make it something it's not by calling Ginn the #3.

Ginn is the #1 and one of the 5 best return guys in football. We got a play making receiver who is on the cusp of breaking out but our current QB is incredibly inaccurate beyond 10 yards and can't even dream of hitting Ginn with his 4.2 speed in stride. To couple that, we also got our QB of the future, so I chose both.

Where are you getting this "5 best return guys in football" fantasy from? His kickoff return average is 23.7 and his punt return average is 7.4 Neither of those numbers is even close to being the best.

Of the top 19 kickoff returners in terms of number of kicks returned (20 or more), his return numbers put him at 11th overall. And that's just among those with 20 or more. If you just drop the requirement to 19 returns, he drops even further, falling behind Jones-Drew, Rossum and Rushing. The same thing happens when you go to punt returns, where he's only 20th in the top 25 (12 returns or more).

Where are you getting this "5 best return guys in football" fantasy from? His kickoff return average is 23.7 and his punt return average is 7.4 Neither of those numbers is even close to being the best.

Of the top 19 kickoff returners in terms of number of kicks returned (20 or more), his return numbers put him at 11th overall. And that's just among those with 20 or more. If you just drop the requirement to 19 returns, he drops even further, falling behind Jones-Drew, Rossum and Rushing. The same thing happens when you go to punt returns, where he's only 20th in the top 25 (12 returns or more).

I don't care about stats, how many of his big plays have been called back? His 2 TDs that were called back were BS calls, not to mention the distance of the kick has a lot to do with the return yardage.

I don't care about stats, how many of his big plays have been called back? His 2 TDs that were called back were BS calls, not to mention the distance of the kick has a lot to do with the return yardage.

In other words, you're just making crap up again. Got it.

P.S. That first call back was clearly a penalty. I didn't see the second one.

Which team were the Fins playing?

It was the Browns game. Surely you remember, because the penalty was blatant and you're a Dolphins fans who'd admit that truth, right?

It was the Browns game. Surely you remember, because the penalty was blatant and you're a Dolphins fans who'd admit that truth, right?

Yeah I remember, it was a hold on Derek Hagan that happened when Ginn was already past the play and there isn't a player in the NFL that catches Ginn from behind. I was seeing if you were lying.

But in return, you guys have decided to take that role, huh?

What goes around, comes around.. nothing too bad can come to the Miami and Jets ratbastard fans.. like to watch their heralded alumni whine.

A team that has lost 5 games by just 3 points isn't as bad as their record indicates. Not to mention Cleo Lemon is our QB, Jesse Chatman is our running back, and Cameron Worrell and Jason Allen are our safties.

I was pretty impressed with Jesse Chatman in London; he runs with heart. Lemon should be on the bench though.

Having crappy safeties no bar to performances though. Earthwind Moreland anyone?

"It was stupid how close the Dolphins were to putting 40 points on the board last week.”

A team that has lost 5 games by just 3 points isn't as bad as their record indicates. Not to mention Cleo Lemon is our QB, Jesse Chatman is our running back, and Cameron Worrell and Jason Allen are our safties.

Yeah you're right. Go by the "moral" victory record. That means you're still in the "moral wild card" race at 5-3. Hey, once your in the "moral playoffs" you never know. The Dolphins may get that "Moral Lombardi" :eat2: It can Happen. It's too late this year for you but I think the record stands at 14 moral victories in a row set by the Cowboys when Troy Aikman was a rookie. Your having a good moral year though:rofl: . Really I mean that.

Last edited:
As for our franchise QB, I'll take John Beck over any of the turds in this upcoming draft. Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Brennan, Booty...everyone is over rated.

Not to mention Cleo Lemon is our QB...

OK, this is the big Miami mystery to me. The season is over from a competitive perspective. You drafted a "QB of the future" who was born in 1981, which would normally point to a shorter career but a guy who's more mature and ready. (For a reference point, Beck is 2 years older than Derek Anderson.) Your offseason strategy will depend heavily on whether he's ready to take over the reins...and if he is, game experience this year will be invaluable. Yet he hasn't taken a single snap. If I were a Miami fan this would scare the heck out of me. After 9 straight losses, this seems to be crossing the line from caution to a vote of no confidence.

That Dolphins team is every bit as bad as its record indicates. As you inconsistently pointed out while trying to make your point in undermining it instead, Cleo Lemon is the quarterback, Jesse Chatman is the running back and Cameron Worrell and Jason Allen are the safeties. On the positive side, Tedd Ginn, Jr. is your waterboy, or something like that.

ROFL. So true! There's a reason the Fins haven't won an NFL game to date!

All true.

It's just easy to go lazy and say that they have no shot to win games, but in reality they have played a lot of games closely. They have been competitive more often than not. They didn't give up against the Pats even after being down a bunch and losing good players.

Most fans around the league aren't going to hardly notice that you are playing with backups at key positions. They'll settle for glancing at the standings and concluding that the Dolphins "suck" because of their record. End of thinking process. Most fans don't give a damn for two seconds what is happening to other teams. They must all be big shot executives with no spare time I guess.

To me you can't make a final judgment on a team without looking closely at who they are getting by without. That is no excuse for the team, thought, because teams are supposed to build depth. Acknowledging injuries is just a way of determining where that team will be next September.

In your case, I think Trent Green should seriously consider retiring before he lives to regret it. I like the guy, but that type of injury is not something to mess with. That's the entirety of his life for the next 40 years.

Hey, why not go get Brady Quinn from the Browns? Hell, they don't need a high paid clipboard holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft