PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs. The Jests Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
really sloppy game so far for both sides of the new england team.

Defense has dropped 3+ interceptions, Offense has dropped about a dozen passes.

BB is going to have a field game next week with the film of this game.

I'll give Lafell a pass today because it's his first game back and he's obviously rusty.

He has had drop issues in Carolina though so hopefully it's not him reverting to his old self.

I'm very pleased with having the lead after that. And I feel optimistic. The D and the O were playing better as the half progressed.

It's Lafells first game of the season ill give em a few games to get his mojo back

OLine holding up better now, though left tackle blocks with his back as much as with his hands :)
This game's a real fight, but I think we're weathering the storm.

Happy to have the lead we didn't play well on either side of the ball. I'll take the lead and hope we make some adjustments at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely terrible first half offensively. Play calling to audibles to dropped passes. Have to establish some context of a run game. Complete lack of execution

Frustrating have watching the Gamecast and not getting a live feed.
I really wish we'd have executed better at the end of the half.
Our Offense has been ok.
Our Defense has been strong.

Going into the half with the lead. Advantage Pats!
Adjustments will be made. Advantage Pats!
Get the ball first. Advantage Pats!

LaFell might catch a pass or two. They seem to be targeting him so he better hang on to a couple.
Maybe get the running game going if Pats extend the lead.

Not on that play, but LaFell catches the ball with his body way too much, hence the inconsistency.
He did the same thing on his catch. Fortunately he held on to that one though.

We need a TD to start the 2nd half. We need a little breathing room. Hopefully this ends up like Dallas and our O-Line tightens up in the 2nd half

I'm just thankful the Pats have a halftime lead.

What was McDaniels thinking on the 3rd-and-1? Just because Dion's out, doesn't mean the Pats should utterly abandon the run. Either sneak it with TB, or line up Chandler/Williams as FB and have him plow ahead for the first down.

The D is showing great signs of coming to life. They've tightened up things on third down, including Jamie "The Beast" Collins's awesome sack.

Go Pats!

It's 13-10 Pats and it feels like the Jets are winning by 10.

Kinda the inverse of last week, where Indy got the gift pick 6. Pats FG was a direct result of that strip, otherwise the Pats offense was very pedestrian and the Jets moved the ball well on multiple drives.

Ball for the 2nd half, they'll adjust and Fitz has been getting pounded. All things considered I'm decently happy with that half, we knew it was gonna be a tough game but the run D looks great, solid pressure on Fitz, offense will clean things up, they're not gonna drop 6 balls in the second half.

I think Brady has played solid. Lots of drops make his completion % look iffy. We should have more points but at least we've got the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes