PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots dominated the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
collins and chandler jones missed great chances of wrapping up wilson and he gained many yards after . If they made even one of those tackles , they wouldve had him for a huge loss and ended a drive or two. Seattle only ran 50 odd plays overall.

If brady didn't have the first pick, Jeremy Lane won't be out of the game, and the plan changes all over again...
The pats has just marched down to the Seattle 10 with lane on the field, not sure how much it really effects their game plan

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
collins and chandler jones missed great chances of wrapping up wilson and he gained many yards after . If they made even one of those tackles , they wouldve had him for a huge loss and ended a drive or two. Seattle only ran 50 odd plays overall.

Chandler commented on that after the game. He said that what was different about Wilson was not only his quickness in escaping the rush, but the way that he reacts to the rush while staring downfield. He said something like, you can see his eyes and he's not even looking at you as you are about to tackle him, but then he suddenly takes off.

Chandler I don't fault for missing him. He didn't have contain on that play. Collins on the other hand had the assignment (and the skills) to contain Wilson and missed his chance. All is forgiven, of course, but it's an object lesson for the rematch. :cool:

I agree that the Patriots were the better team, but I wouldn't say that it was dominant. Maybe just semantics, but in my book, the Colts game was dominant - a complete beat-down of a thoroughly demoralized opponent.

The Seahawks play a lot like the old Tebow led Broncos. In no way do I want to link Wilson with Tebow, I think Wilson is much better but both lived off their defense keeping them in the game, a strong running game, and a long pass that they hope gets caught. Honestly, I am amazed they win as many games as they did.

If they loose Lynch, they are in big trouble.

If they
I would say that the Seahawks made more clutch plays, but the Pats made many more overall good plays. In the end, the Pats needed the biggest play of all to overcome Seattle's big plays and win the game. That's not dominance. That's squeaking by, despite playing much better overall.
Was going to say the same thing. Being down by 10 late in the third quarter doesn't spell domination.

Honestly, if we play a cleaner game, it is probably a blow out. Both of those picks were horrible and uncharacteristic of Brady. The first pick didn't seem to make sense and the second one to Gronk happened when Vereen was wide open, like he was the entire game.

If we have a rematch, and our rosters remain similar to what they are now, they will have no choice but to give Vereen more respect and I bet Collins plays a better game.

After giving it a little thought, I am glad that everyone besides us pats fans are acting like the Seahawks were dominating the entire game because it makes them all the more bitter over the loss. Guys like Sherman are calm now, but he will be no different than Marshall Faulk and it will be easy to shut him up by calling his qb/coach stupid for throwing it. Giving it to Beast Mode is all hypothetical what/ifs that can never be proven lol. What if Lynch had been stripped?

Lastly, the Seahawks imho are missing their window to have been a dynasty. They had the talent to win in 2012 and potentially this year. Losing players is one thing, but when you start losing coaches it takes its toll. We have seen this first hand when Weiss and Crennel left.

Seattle used the Ravens game plan, run and throw jump balls. They happened to hit a few jump balls if they didnt would have been a romp.

I still don't get why they stuck with Arrington on Matthews when it was clear that it wasn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes