PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots could be on to Something Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeas indeed. I think he might be on to something too.. :)

You don't have to think back to far in franchise history to find some equally odd ball happenings that resulted in special things that happened in say 2001, 2003 and 2004...

We've had unconscious receivers make catches fer cripes sakes... It's never about being lucky or good so much as being both. Championship teams find a way to be both.

Yup... Great teams are usually great because they make their own luck.. :)

You don't have to think back to far in franchise history to find some equally odd ball happenings that resulted in special things that happened in say 2001, 2003 and 2004...

We've had unconscious receivers make catches fer cripes sakes... It's never about being lucky or good so much as being both. Championship teams find a way to be both.

Technically, I think he was conscious when he caught it, but unconscious when he went out of bounds, right?

I've been saying this kind of thing repeatedly.

First, good teams find a way to win in games in which we don't play well. We bemoan Pittsburgh coming from behind to beat Tennessee, or all of those games which Indy pulled out at the last moment last year. But they won those games. Good teams find a way to win, even when they are outplayed. We did that.

Second, the hallmark of the SB teams was winning tough close games, not pulverizing overmatched opponents and then blowing the close ones. This game reminded me a bit of Denver in 2003, when we were down in the 4th quarter and BB took and intentional safety, then relied on the defense to stop the Broncos after the free kick and TB drove the length of the field.

Third, BB will go crazy this week. I don't expect next week's team to have much resemblance to the team we saw last night. There's a lot of new players and a lot of inexperience, but by the end of the season I expect to see a battle hardened but young and strong team ready to handle anything that's thrown at it.

Somebody must have whispered in Leodis McKelvin’s ear. “Run, Leodis! Run!”

Thanks for the laugh ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back