Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Patriots can't win for winnning

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JSn, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I'm not going to copy in the numerous irksome articles, but I think I can forecast the headlines Monday.

If we lose: "Patriots falls short against better teams."

If we win: "Patriots victorious over road-weary, dinged-up Chargers."

I'm surprised the media hasn't taken to the chance to look good with an underdog story. Do they hate us that much, even this far removed from spygate and without the clear edge that TFB gives us?

Sheesh. Can't win for winning.

I guess it's ok though. Nothing wrong with team-gained, hard-earned wins. And Lombardi's. ;)
  2. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

I don't care what the media spews about Patriots come Monday....as long as it is your second scenario!!
  3. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

:agree:

Well said. All I care is getting a W without any major injury to any player.

I have long stopped paying attention to the media's careful choice of words in the headlines/commentary that subtly potrays us in a negative light. :cool:
  4. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

do yourself a favor and dont worry what the stupid media thinks or says, its like worrying what joe at the barber shop says or vinnie at the auto garage says , in fact joe and vinnie probably make more sense, its not about keeping the media happy its about winning games for the fans
  5. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Media tells you what they think you should think. Most intelligent people can think for themselves and could care less about the media. Most people that spout quotes from the media, are only repeating what they have heard and therefore not intelligent. Hey, don't most media spokespeople constantly repeat things......so most media spokespeople are not intelligent. Yeah, I'll go with that.....:rolleyes:
  6. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

if pats win the headlines will be "pats 4-1 despite loss of brady for season" and "chargers in desperate tailspin"

if sd wins the headlines will be "2 week west coast trip too much for NE to overcome" and "san diego gets back to .500 , beats brady-less pats"
  7. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

I'd take my own personal headline: "Going To Bed After The Pats Beat The Chargers!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.