PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ongoing NFLN Anti-Patriots Jihad And Ryan Clark...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you guys bring up the "where" argument?

Videotaping rules - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

It sucks that we gotta live with this crap, but did BB really need to continue with this practice after the NFL sent this memo in 2006? Such a dumb move on his part.

That is not quite true, The rule read, in it's infinite wisdom, that you can video tape as long as the facility has a roof and walls. A refrigerator box would have been legal if the Pats taped from there on the field, but those are the rules.

Now I ask you, we can make a video to see the pimple on someones asse for a satellite, and beam it down to earth, yet a $1000 video cam set up is illegal. Absurd yes, Why BB kept wacking the hornets nest was anyone's guess, but I think it was a urinating contest against the Jets as they did it the year before from the bridge, were told to stop by the Pats security and did not and Godell let it slide.
DW Toys

With regard to the "black and white" nature of the NFL's signal taping rules/guidelines/memos, the league actually came out and said that the rule was open to interpretation. I think we'd all agree that Belichick should have run his interpretation by the league sometime earlier than September, 2007.

(The article that the post quotes from is an article linked on page 2 of that thread. Unfortunately, the article is archived, so there is no quick and easy way to read the whole thing.)

Going back to the main thrust of the thread, why is Ryan Clark being consulted on the Saints bounty program? (Or anything, really?) Gee, where do you think a known headhunter/cheapshot artist is going to come down on this issue. Why not have someone like Welker, or Todd Heap, or Josh Cribbs give their perspective on the subject.

Our fundamental problem is that whenever a major violation occurs that includes the coaching staff and/or management, and the players doing something that violates NFL rules and includes a cover-up of any duration, it will be compared to Spygate.

It is important to understand that the Patriots complied with the Commissioner's request, turned over tapes, paid very big fines and forfeited a #1. When fines are paid by the team and the coach, and loss of draft picks enter the discussion, Spygate will always come up and be a yardstick for severity. It is what it is.

The Saints (how ironic is that?) will pay fines, sacrifice a draft pick or two and be penalized with lengthy suspensions making this much worse, if the penalty is any indicator of the infraction.

Bounty-gate will be the new standard bearer for cheating and we should be grateful.

Last edited:
Did anybody really expect him to say anything nice about the Patriots?

The memo was sent to warn coaches of the amendment made to the league's constitution and bylaws. Again, what don't you not understand about the memo? It's pretty clear to me.

Please, don't tell this to Obama.
(That, all he needs to do is write a memo and he can amend the U.S. Constitution.)

Last I heard amendments to bylaws or constitutions needed votes.

This was an amendment to 'procedural rules'.

The memo sent in 2006 is an amendment to the league's Constitution and Bylaws. We got in trouble for it after the memo was sent. We did it legally in prior years, but after the memo was sent, the decision should have been made to stop the video practices.

No it is not. The memo was a reminder not a rule change.

Re: Cryan' Clark: "Spygate" worse than Bountygate

Lindsey Soto has an awesome rack. That is probably the best thing I will gain from this thread. :)

I wouldn't kick her outta the sack either, though I prefer Alex Flanagan; she appears to maybe actually know about what she's talking, and has a smokier voice that hints of just a bit of danger of the good kind.

People like Clark just can't accept that THEY lost. I'm sure this guy knows the rules and also knows that the issue wasn't if they could tape, but where. If the Videographer was standing a few feet farther back it would have been legal. Clark and others cry foul and cheating to deflect blame for their own poor play, and being out coached.

People like Clark just can't accept that THEY lost. I'm sure this guy knows the rules and also knows that the issue wasn't if they could tape, but where. If the Videographer was standing a few feet farther back it would have been legal. Clark and others cry foul and cheating to deflect blame for their own poor play, and being out coached.

Let me start by saying...

:spygate:

next...the league is full of players like this Clark guy and Marshall Faulk who think they are playing in the NBA, that the team with the most physical gifts wins. It's not that way in the NFL. It's about doing your job and working as a unit on both sides of the ball. They are bitter because they cant believe they got beat by (paraphrasing) "those guys", when, in their minds, they are better athletes. All their lives they have imposed their will athletically on people and won. They simply can't fathom getting out-schemed by lesser gifted athletes who understand the game better and know how to take advantage of flaws in the games of the uber talented. BB must have used jedi mind tricks or magic to win. Then the spygate thing comes out and they all say "see!?! Told you!" It's not going to go away ever, because they simply don't get the game.

Ryan,

I know for sure that we weren't taping signals in 2007 when I torched your *****, on purpose.

Sincerely,

Tom

I hate the Steelers more than any team in professional sports, including the Yankees and Jets. They are one of the least classy orgs in sports, yet they act holier-than-thou at all times. They were handed a Super Bowl and the beneficiaries of numerous calls throughout the 70s with a roided-up team. Their team doctor in 2005 was busted for distributing steroids, but it was covered up. Bill Cowher laughed about SpyGate having any impact in the NFL, and he was ostracized by their stupid fanbase.

I've said for a long time that the only difference between the Bengals and Steelers: The Bengals are criminals that lose football games; the Steelers are criminals that win football games. They drafted Big Ben (rapist), Harrison (wife beater and all-around jerk), Porter (gangster thug), Holmes (punk), Mendenhaal (bin Laden fan), Burress (gang banger), and a whole bunch of other prison punks.

THIS!

The Steelers organization - from the coaches, players to the fans are the WORST FORM OF SCUM ON THE EARTH! I despise the Steelers more than any other professional sports team on the planet. I sometimes hope an urban tsunami engulfs the entire city of Pittsburgh and the place just floates away...for all of you that hate the Jets, I get it......but reserve your real venom for the team which deserves it the most: The Pittsburgh Steelers!

No it is not. The memo was a reminder not a rule change.

Just to add my 2 cents to this...

IIRC, the memo was released prior to the 2006 season and the rule continued being enforced as originally worded in the rules and not enforced according to the memo for the entire 2006 season. This would have made me believe that the memo was wrong and the originally worded rule was the one to follow.

Second, the wording of the memo seems like it wasn't thought through very thoroughly. Is there some other time when you can tape signals that doesn't occur "during the game"?

Thirdly, speaking for myself, this will never feel like a beating-a-dead-horse issue until the media gets it right.

Sorry, that turned into 3 cents:)

Now I realize that's not 100% accurate when it come to certain subjects/networks, but on a network like the NFLN, why (I assume there was not) was there not someone there to offer a rebuttal to Clark's opinion about the Patriots? Clark's views are obviously already well known, and Baldinger was just lobbing him a slow-pitch softball so he could get up on his soapbox and spew his biased excuse for his current team's two conference championship game losses.

Dd the NFLN have anyone contradict Clark's comments? If not, then why not? My guess is that anyone that may have followed with a differing viewpoint focused strictly on the Saints (since that was what the original topic of discussion was about), and Clark's distortion of the facts was left with no counter argument. The net result is that viewers are left with a subconscious feeling that Clark's opinion is valid, since nobody refuted his commentary.

In the segment I saw, it was just Soto & Clark, sitting face-to-face. The eye candy was
obviously not intellectually qualified to offer any rebuttal comments to the marbled-mouthed
ignoramus. Had a panel been formed that also included LaCanfora, Wyche & Baldinger, then
perhaps a rational thought might have been expressed.

Ryan,

I know for sure that we weren't taping signals in 2007 when I torched your *****, on purpose.

Sincerely,

Tom

He wasn't playing though. Mr. Guarantee was. And it was glorious.

I wish the Steelers traded him to Denver....

That would be football justice for me. Heat hunting piece of ****.

Trying to inject reason into a conversation with a spygate mouth breather is like reasoning with a drunk who just pee'd in his pants. Much like drunks the spygate lunatics will never go away. Facts and logic never affect people with a bias or agenda...we just need to accept that fact. The folks that know that it wasn't the equivalent of a JFK conspiracy don't need to be convinced and the tin foil hats who do will never be convinced.

They need my consent to be offended...I will not give it.

It doesn't matter what the talking heads say when it comes to Pats FA signings. With Free Agents the spygate "issue" ranks right up there with with the lint in their second cousin's belly button. Money and a chance to compete for a Lombardi are what matters to 99% of players...I want nothing to do with the 1% who give weight to nonsense.

Last edited:
Why the f*ck do any of you guys care what retired players, terrible current players, and useless "analysts" say about the Patriots?

What makes me so angry, probably, is that stuck btwn Squealers neanderthals and Bal'more
gang-bangers, I feel surrounded by an ignorant, vicious enemy without much means of support,
save the half-dozen or so fans who gather at the bar whenever Pats games aren't on local TV.
If I were back home in Milton, at least I could suffer in the company of like-minded folks.

What makes me so angry, probably, is that stuck btwn Squealers neanderthals and Bal'more
gang-bangers, I feel surrounded by an ignorant, vicious enemy without much means of support,
save the half-dozen or so fans who gather at the bar whenever Pats games aren't on local TV.
If I were back home in Milton, at least I could suffer in the company of like-minded folks.

I hear ya Cap. Don't forget that mensa society called Philadelphia Eagles fans headed by their corrupt leader Senator Specter. Headed to Hershey tonight. Our boys have a state playoff game tonight at Milton Hershey HS. Danville, Pa. We play Holy Ghost Prep.

Re: Cryan' Clark: "Spygate" worse than Bountygate

Now, I find the whole Bountygate business overblown anyway, because defensive players are being paid
to stop offensive players any way legally possible, so what's wrong with a little something, you know,
for the effort?

Then you clearly don't understand about "BountyGate". "BountyGate" was not just about defensive players getting a little something extra for legally stopping offensive players. "BountyGate" rewarded players for taking out offensive players. There was a $10K bounty put up by Vilma on Brett Favre to be put out of the game. Bounties were paid for offensive players being taken out on the cart or being put out of games.

Also, it's a violation of the Salary Cap rules if a coach or other person puts money into the pool. Which is what happened.

Why do you guys bring up the "where" argument?

Videotaping rules - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

It sucks that we gotta live with this crap, but did BB really need to continue with this practice after the NFL sent this memo in 2006? Such a dumb move on his part.

Because Reiss is WRONG. The Bylaws and operating rules are what set the videotaping rules and it says, specifically, where you can and cannot have cameras to tape the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft