PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE Official Vinatieri Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As Patriot fans, we really have no right to expect fate to fall in our favor again (3 SBs in 5 years), but there is one wish that I think I share with most Patriot fans.

How great would it be to see the Colts in the playoffs or even SB with a last minute FG attempt by Vinatieri that hits the upright? Imagine the look on Peyton's face.

You heard it here first. Vinatieri is going to miss a big kick in the playoffs for the Colts.

kurtinelson said:
As Patriot fans, we really have no right to expect fate to fall in our favor again (3 SBs in 5 years), but there is one wish that I think I share with most Patriot fans.
Fate? You are not official enough to say this thread is official?
........ We were/are good...real good.

How great would it be to see the Colts in the playoffs or even SB with a last minute FG attempt by Vinatieri that hits the upright? Imagine the look on Peyton's face.
I would rather see Gotskowski's face as he hits a 51 Yarder to go 9 up on the Cowboys with 1:00 minute left.

You heard it here first. Vinatieri is going to miss a big kick in the playoffs for the Colts.
Good luck to Vinatieri except when he plays against us. :D

NEM said:
He will have a decent season, not a great one...because he is a "decent" kicker and not a "great" one... But, what he will always be remembered for is for FOUR clutlch kicks in his career....Two Against Oakland in the snow, and for the two winning Super Bowl kicks in the final seconds.

Those four kicks put hin , according to soime people, in the "graet " category, and, quite frankly, I disagree.

His kickoffs lacked distance and in many cases, in many games, late in the second quarter and late in the fourth quarter, after Patriot scores, his short kickoffs gave opponents a chance to score and take away the advantage we gained by scoring before them in the final minutes. I recall this happening on many occasions.

However, I, and ALL pats fans , should always be indebted to him for the four clutch field goals he kicked in very crucial times, and without those clutch kicks, the Pats may NEVER have wone, even, ONE Super Bowl, let alone three.

I dont think we wil miss a beat with Him gone.
Not true, the SB games were tied. And many games were tied when Adam came in for the last second field goal attempt. Not in the Raiders game but most. If he misses its overtime it doesnt mean they lose.

kurtinelson said:

2006_0803_tc_007_chap_small.jpg

SHANK!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
kurtinelson said:

Sorry - I predicted it here at least a month ago... but I'm happy to share credit when it happens.

Last edited:
I hope one of our KO returners stiff arms his mug and cleats his kicking leg- that would be a nice present for Indy

I can't wait until that sunny August day in 2015 when they enshrine Colt legend Adam Vinatieri in Canton. I'll be there with several hundred other Colt fans proudly wearing our Vinatieri jerseys.

Perhaps he'll even go in with fellow Colt legend Marvin Harrison! And maybe, Bill Polian will provide both of their induction speeches!

Oh, what a glorious day that will be!

Last edited:
Yankees/Colts said:
I can't wait until that sunny August day in 2015 when they enshrine Colt legend Adam Vinatieri in Canton. I'll be there with several hundred other Colt fans proudly wearing our Vinatieri jerseys.

Perhaps he'll even go in with fellow Colt legend Marvin Harrison! And maybe, Bill Polian will provide both of their induction speeches!

Oh, what a glorious day that will be!

But they still wont be sporting any Super Bowl rings from the Colts since Manning will quite possibly still be the QB.

Vinatieri will be the victim of some very high expectations in Indy. Here's a few reasons why:

1) Indy fans will soon find out his leg is unimpressive on kickoffs.
2) I'm betting the Colts will let him try some 50+ yarders this year -he hasn't made one since '02. They'll find out again that his leg isn't that impressive.
3) Indy typically does not play close games. Most days he will not be asked to do more than tack on extra points.
4) Look at A-Rod, the guy is an MVP and still gets ripped all because he makes so much damn money. Nothing short of kicking a game-winning FG in the Super Bowl will justify paying AV that much money. Which leads me to...
5) The Colts will NEVER make the Super Bowl with Manning at QB. Last year after we lost I conceded that he was going to finally make it, but damn it all if he didn't choke again. Vinatieri won't be enough to push them over the top.

No, the ball doesn't clank off the upright, Richard Seymour blocks the kick.
We Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back