Welcome to PatsFans.com

THE Official Vinatieri Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by kurtinelson, Aug 6, 2006.

1. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

As Patriot fans, we really have no right to expect fate to fall in our favor again (3 SBs in 5 years), but there is one wish that I think I share with most Patriot fans.

How great would it be to see the Colts in the playoffs or even SB with a last minute FG attempt by Vinatieri that hits the upright? Imagine the look on Peyton's face.

You heard it here first. Vinatieri is going to miss a big kick in the playoffs for the Colts.
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

3. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 5 / -1

Not true, the SB games were tied. And many games were tied when Adam came in for the last second field goal attempt. Not in the Raiders game but most. If he misses its overtime it doesnt mean they lose.
  4. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

[​IMG]

SHANK!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  5. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Sorry - I predicted it here at least a month ago... but I'm happy to share credit when it happens.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  6. RoughingthePasser

RoughingthePasser Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope one of our KO returners stiff arms his mug and cleats his kicking leg- that would be a nice present for Indy
  7. Yankees/Colts

Yankees/Colts Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can't wait until that sunny August day in 2015 when they enshrine Colt legend Adam Vinatieri in Canton. I'll be there with several hundred other Colt fans proudly wearing our Vinatieri jerseys.

Perhaps he'll even go in with fellow Colt legend Marvin Harrison! And maybe, Bill Polian will provide both of their induction speeches!

Oh, what a glorious day that will be!
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  8. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

But they still wont be sporting any Super Bowl rings from the Colts since Manning will quite possibly still be the QB.
  9. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Vinatieri will be the victim of some very high expectations in Indy. Here's a few reasons why:

1) Indy fans will soon find out his leg is unimpressive on kickoffs.
    2) I'm betting the Colts will let him try some 50+ yarders this year -he hasn't made one since '02. They'll find out again that his leg isn't that impressive.
    3) Indy typically does not play close games. Most days he will not be asked to do more than tack on extra points.
    4) Look at A-Rod, the guy is an MVP and still gets ripped all because he makes so much damn money. Nothing short of kicking a game-winning FG in the Super Bowl will justify paying AV that much money. Which leads me to...
    5) The Colts will NEVER make the Super Bowl with Manning at QB. Last year after we lost I conceded that he was going to finally make it, but damn it all if he didn't choke again. Vinatieri won't be enough to push them over the top.
  10. p8ryts

p8ryts Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No, the ball doesn't clank off the upright, Richard Seymour blocks the kick.
    We Win!