PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Steelers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again good, no heart or competitive fire on this team. They do not belong in the playoffs because they will only disappoint. So hopefully they won't come close

Last edited:
does that count as a pick for brady?

fitting way to end for brady, not his best game ,, he played better against buffallo

I disagree. No time with the OL and play calling. Would have liked to have seen him fired up, but I can't blame him for the game.

Vollmer.. great to have you back

They couldn't do anything all day. They can't stop the run or the pass. They were unable to move the ball on offense. They only TD they had was after a pick when they had to go about 10 yards. They have been killed in every single aspect of this game from the start.

other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Re: Here's an idea: Hire a Defensive Coordinator

No ****...it's time to try something different. We can't get any worse on D can we?

come on refs, put us out of our missery

Again good, no heart or competitive fire on this team. They do not belong in the playoffs because they will only disappoint. So hopefully they won't come close

Hello ignore!

Last edited:
Re: Here's an idea: Hire a Defensive Coordinator

Personnel is the issue. Guyton and Ihedigbo starting, Molden getting lots of PT, those guys don't belong outside of special teams and occasional reps at defense.

The Merriweather, Crable, Wheatley, Wilhite, Butler, Cunningham, Brace picks should all be solid contributors for our defense right now.

Once again. That is on BB.

If he had a DC, that guy clearly would have input on the unit and any good DC would not have those guys on the unit.

And Crable? He sucks. He is in the damn UFL for christ sakes. Awful. Would be the worst player on this defense and that is saying something.

End this ******* thing!! Wtf is the point???

I'd love to be in the team meeting tomorrow. Brutal doesn't describe the D apart from Carter, Wilfork and Anderson, the only ones who came to play.

Re: Some one with rose collered.glasses that this is just a bad game

I know your out there. The defense stinks and against good competition we can't stop sit. I need one of our great rose wearers to tell me its ok, and nothing to worry about...

We held their offense to 23 points.

It was our offense that couldn't make it work. Simms said it best - the Pats receiving core is almost surprised when they have contested throws. They get so many easy, schematic-induced catches that when they face a challenging scheme that doesn't give them the easy throws - they can't do it.

Defense wasn't amazing, but it did it's job and limited the Steelers to FGs when it mattered. The offense, as always, choked when facing the good defense. Smurf receivers can only do so much, especially when you can't hide behind a good scheme.

Kudos to the amazing offensive gameplanning we usually have - that's a luxury - but we can't depend on it every game. Sometimes your players just have to be superior, and this time - they weren't.

The refs have been awful all game. Not saying the Patriots didn't deserve to get blown out, but bad spots, bad calls, bad on Gronk catch, bad on Faulk's catch right after Gronk, bad watching the time wind down after the whistle is blown, bad on the safety call.

I'd also say that the book is out on how to beat this offense and the cowboys and steelers have it. The Pats'offense hasn't looked"high powered" in a couple Weeks now

Pitt outplayed the Pats.

Have to gear up for the Giants now.

Perspective

Yes, today absolutely sucked. The D was terrible, the O was terrible, the specials were terrible, the coaching was terrible.

The Saints lost to the St Louis Rams. The offense scored 14 points against the worst D in the league. Does anyone seriously think they are now out of Superbowl contention? Of course not.

Its one game. Lots of things to correct, and if the team doesn't improve i don't hold out much hope for February, but it is just one game.

All things considered I can't believe how many opportunities we had to win this game. Also we really suck at onside kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore