PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Steelers : GAME DAY THREAD 2015 Week 1 (9/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon McCourty!!!!

Absolutely cannot miss a jam on Brown or he is gone, just like that. Butler will learn from that one.

Has anyone noticed how spot-on the analysis of this very knowledgeable and respectful Steelers Fan? I won't say "I wish we had NE posters like this", because we have plenty of them, but his analysis about the recognition of the Steelers defense was really an accurate prediction.

Question 2: Is Pittsburgh’s defense really that bad?

Yup.

Moving on…

Question 3: Why exactly is it so bad when they’ve invested so many high round picks over the past 3 years in the defense?

It’s a combination of inexperience, a new defensive scheme, a tendency towards overly aggressive/undisciplined play, and suspect talent at the key positions.

Pittsburgh doesn’t exactly lack for talent per se on defense. Cameron Heyward is a stud 3-4 DE, and Stephon Tuitt looks like he’ll be a monster bookend for years to come (although Tuitt is dinged and may not play). There is talent and depth at ILB (Timmons, Shazier), and we’ve invested heavily all across the linebacking core with 1st round picks. I actually don’t think the CB situation is as bad as advertised – they may have a bunch of average corners at best IMO, but CB isn’t their biggest issue.

The biggest issue with the defense IMO is recognition and football IQ – players routinely break down in their assignments, either due to poor recognition, poor understanding of the defense, or pure over-aggressiveness. Shamarko Thomas – the heir apparent to Troy P, who the Steelers traded up to grab a couple of years ago – is the most egregious offender here. He has been caught out of position on at least two TD passes this preseason, and I’m starting to doubt whether he has the between-the-ears component required to play safety in the NFL. Jarvis Jones is another – several times a game he crashes inside and vacates containment. Shazier is a whirlwind, but lacks ballast and can be blown out of plays if OLinemen reach the 2nd level. Put these things together, and there are frequent, major gaps each game that an offense can easily exploit.

[

Of course I'm playing vs Gronk this week in Fantasy.... but I still love you Gronk! :D

HT is such a good tackler

Look how confident Hightower is in the open field.

Man, Hightower is just a really, really powerful tackler. He wraps guys up and he drags them down with no forward movement. His shoulder looks 100% for sure.

Need a stop! Don't give them any room to score.

Has anyone besides Patriots reporters yet confirmed that Patriots don't have control over headsets or that theirs was messed up too? I really don't think I can handle another Gate of any kind. Lol

Scobee can get cut now and have Ben kick rest of the game with one more miss.

Do they even trust Scobee enough to try again?

Edit: Nope

************, I am so impressed with how well our defense communicates with each other. They are all on the same page.

Don't blame them for going for it. Their kicker is unreliable.

where is the pressure?

Has anyone besides Patriots reporters yet confirmed that Patriots don't have control over headsets or that theirs was messed up too? I really don't think I can handle another Gate of any kind. Lol

Apparently NBC is receiving the Steelers radio broadcast ...

I wish there was that many tom bradys

Pitts getting points here short of a sack or int

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back