PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Saints Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop the "NE's defense has not been tested" talk now? If that wasn't a test and a resounding PASS, then I don't know what is.

Dear losers on the first page who couldn't wait for the game to end before you started *****ing:

QomKJ.gif

Anyone agree with BB's 4th down call ? i thought that was a bad call and a Saints TD wouldve sealed it . credit the defense and some surprisingly conservative payton for getting the last chance.

I disagreed with it, but not for the reason you mention. A TD was a red herring, because the Saints only needed to run 7 plays to run out the clock either way. The problem with that call in my mind was that you need to stop them quickly to get the ball back -- either a three and out, or give up a quick first down (on one play) and then a three and out. So the question is, is your chance of converting on a 4th and 6 and keeping the game going worth giving up a likely 3 points, which means your offense needs to convert a TD instead of an FG? I think the answer to that is no.

Keep the win with a field goal in order. Worked out though.

Aikman literally said it was a tough loss before the 2 minute warning.
Hopefully a game like this quites that run up the score crowd. Never stop playing, never start celebrating too early.

If Amendola is done for the year (God I hope not) then Collie should go into his spot. He's a gamer

Looked like a concussion, and AFAIK he doesn't have a history of them. I'm hopeful that he'll only miss a week, and would be surprised if he misses more than a couple.

In any case, he does need to do a better job of picking his spots. Can't help the team when you're not on the field.

I'm done defending Dobson. Rookie or not, you can only watch a WR drop so many passes on his hands before you conclude that he sucks.

I've also completely lost faith in this offenses ability to perform in the second half. A lot of that is on the receivers, but a lot of it is on Brady as well. He doesn't perform in the 4th quarter with any consistency anymore. Sucks, but that's where we are. I honesty think we're past the 'he can get it done regardless of who is around him" part of his career. He needs to be surrounded with better weapons to make up for the fact that he isn't the player that he used to be. His accuracy on the deep ball is completely shot and his consistency on what used to e routine passes has been notably absent

It's hard to take the Bolded part seriously when we are 5-1 . He also just put up 30 points despite all the drops we saw today.

Why the ***** does Ridley disappear for long stretches of every game? He ran hard and was explosive then he was just MIA. What happens?

McDaniels pulls him in favor of getting Bolden and Blount some touches and it just kills the offense. I mean, Bolden and Edelman had more drops tonight than Dobson, but people are stilling complaining about Dobson.

The offense obviously can get better, but can we just pause and think about that for a moment? That we scored 30 points against the #4 scoring defense today, especially without Gronk? That we missed an easy TD, dropped a bunch of passes, and were still the first team to break 20 points against this D?

There were flashes of what we could be. There obviously needs to be more consistency. But we put up 30 points on the #4 scoring defense today and people are talking about this O like Blaine Gabbert is our QB.

Word.

I can never understand how, for some folks, NOTHING that this team does is ever good enough. All i can say is that these folks would have offed themselves if they'd been around in the pre-Belichick era. Heck, even the Pre-Parcells era. These are the GOLDEN years for New England, and those folks who are pissed about this team, about Brady, about whomever, ought to thank their lucky stars that they weren't around when Eason was the QB. They would've been apoplectic when Fryer took his new sports car for a spin at halftime and wrapped it around a tree and didn't show up again on the field. They would've had a cow over players getting cut playing catch with a buck knife. Or Zeke Mowatt exposing himself to a lady sports reporter in the locker room, or half the team post 86 Superbowl testing positive for cocaine, etc.

Me, I'm livin' the good life, watching the games, and counting my lucky stars that I lived to see the Red Sox win a couple World Series, and the Patriots win 3 Lombardis. I want more, of course, but right now I'm happy as a frikkin' clam :rocker:

6vcy.jpg

Love being the underdog!!

This is the thread for all your comments following the Pats/Saints Game.
Must suck to start a thread of impending doom for your team. Way to show what a fan you are.:rolleyes: Game day threads are sucky enough because people generally get too emotional to make rational comments during them. But you beat all starting a Debbie down/ woe is me/ lets blame whoever for the loss thread before the game is actually over. Let me state this. YOU HAVE TOM FREAKING BRADY AS YOUR QB, IT'S NEVER OVER! I said this to fellow Colts fans for years during Manning years. lol:cool::D

McDaniels pulls him in favor of getting Bolden and Blount some touches and it just kills the offense. I mean, Bolden and Edelman had more drops tonight than Dobson, but people are stilling complaining about Dobson.

I think the coaching staff rates Bolden and Blount better at pass catching and pass blocking, respectively, than Ridley.

I went to two different supermarkets after the game wearing my Brady jersey because, well I'm an ass sometimes, and shockingly I didn't hear one of the smart ass remarks I've come to love since November 2009 ;)

The offense obviously can get better, but can we just pause and think about that for a moment? That we scored 30 points against the #4 scoring defense today, especially without Gronk? That we missed an easy TD, dropped a bunch of passes, and were still the first team to break 20 points against this D?

There were flashes of what we could be. There obviously needs to be more consistency. But we put up 30 points on the #4 scoring defense today and people are talking about this O like Blaine Gabbert is our QB.

Seriously, is there another team in the NFL that could go through what the Patriots have gone through:

Welker and Woodhead exodus
A. Hern circus
Rookie receivers and all their headaches
Wilfork gone
Kelly down

And that's before all the injuries that piled up today . . .

AND STILL BE 5-1?

I don't know if there is another team out there that could do it.

If you look back at all our successful drives, Ridley was in our backfield. When BLount is in, our offense is stagnant.

Not sure what is the obsession with Blount when clearly Ridley in our backfield is much better.

They would be better off if they start with Ridley on all of our drives, let the offense get into rhythm, and then put Blount in once Ridley needs a breather.

Blount starting in our backfield to start a drive usually results in a 3 and out.

Anyone see the Saints huddling up over the ball on the sidelines thinking the game was done with 2:30 left? The announcers were awful. A 3 and out, one timeout and the 2 minute warned the pats could easily get the ball back with 1:30 left...they kept saying the game was over.

No complaints about that because that is what makes the victory even sweeter.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes