PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Saints Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am eating some serious crow, as many of you can see. I won't bother defending myself.

Looking forward though, I am seriously concerned about these injuries.

* Connolly dropped first, exposing Cannon. The interior OL has played poorly all season, and if Connolly is lost for an extended period of time Brady will be even more erratic.

* Next was Talib. His issues have been his bane throughout his career, and you just gotta hope that he will be able to rest a few weeks and play again maybe after the bye. Losing him for any longer than that will spell the end of this defense.

* Amendola's injury was the scariest. For a player who has poised to play a key role in this offense, I wonder if it's time to simply shut him down for the year for his own good.

* Mayo's injury was also scary. If that shoulder was - god forbid - broken, you lose your defensive leader.

This team has fought so hard to be where it is, but injuries and inexperience won't let them thrive.

Dobson and Bolden both have bad hands. I know we are only 6 games in but I'm particularly concerned about Dobson - I'm not sure I see a good wide receiver in him.

He had 57 receptions and 0 dropped passes from a crap QB at Marshall his senior season. I think it's a confidence thing.

I am still shaking. I legit teared up when KT caught the TD. Haven't felt so happy about the Pats since Sterling Moore sent us to the SB two years ago.

They fought and fought and fought despite crippling injuries. Unbelievably proud of this team tonight.

That's good coaching and the players buying into the system. It doesn't hurt to have a leader like Brady either.;)

I'm going to pile onto so many posters here.

Brady has been playing lights out for so, so, so long, that Patriot fans are astonished and depressed by him when he makes mistakes. And yes he made a lot of mistakes. The obvious one was the INT and the Amendola miss, but he also didn't get the ball out to Hooman on a key blitz.

NEWSFLASH: many many NFL QBs make similar mistakes (on the INT, Dobson took a very deep cut over the middle on his route, and that's why Lewis was there, because Lewis was on Dobson and Dobson needed to clear sooner). Brady made a horrendous throw regardless.

Brady has looked mortal this year. But for people to talk about replacing him is beyond absurd and bizarre. Do you not watch other NFL games?

Brady has played pretty well this year. He has not been perfect, but part of the reason he has looked mortal is because his good plays are not being converted because the synch with the skill players is just not there yet. Example is the last drive when he misses Edelman with a short pass and then Edelman drops one.

Michael Giardi ‏@MikeGiardi 1m

"Having 12...it's special. I was jumping for joy..." Kyle Arrington #patriotstalk

:rocker::rocker:

I know he's been linked to the cheifs lately and this all maybe a moot point if Atlanta gets back into playoff contention but what about our interest in trading for tony Gonzalez? Gives Brady a nice security blanket for when or if gronkowski gets back, and could be a nice 2 TE set late in the season.

I'm done defending Dobson. Rookie or not, you can only watch a WR drop so many passes on his hands before you conclude that he sucks.

Yeah, because Dobson dropped so many.. NOT. In case you missed it, Dobson caught the 1st 3 passed thrown to him. In fact, he had 5 for 57 at one point. But, yeah.. he drops too many for a rookie :rolleyes::confused:

I've also completely lost faith in this offenses ability to perform in the second half. A lot of that is on the receivers, but a lot of it is on Brady as well. He doesn't perform in the 4th quarter with any consistency anymore. Sucks, but that's where we are. I honesty think we're past the 'he can get it done regardless of who is around him" part of his career. He needs to be surrounded with better weapons to make up for the fact that he isn't the player that he used to be. His accuracy on the deep ball is completely shot and his consistency on what used to e routine passes has been notably absent

Most of this is because of the pressure he's getting because the O-line isn't protecting him as well. Particularly from the Center and RG area.

Dobson hands looks good when he catching it, I also believe it's more a confident thing...Bolden can't catch, Vereen will be such a big improvement when he's back.

I'm going to pile onto so many posters here.

Brady has been playing lights out for so, so, so long, that Patriot fans are astonished and depressed by him when he makes mistakes. And yes he made a lot of mistakes. The obvious one was the INT and the Amendola miss, but he also didn't get the ball out to Hooman on a key blitz.

NEWSFLASH: many many NFL QBs make similar mistakes (on the INT, Dobson took a very deep cut over the middle on his route, and that's why Lewis was there, because Lewis was on Dobson and Dobson needed to clear sooner). Brady made a horrendous throw regardless.

Brady has looked mortal this year. But for people to talk about replacing him is beyond absurd and bizarre. Do you not watch other NFL games?

I haven't seen anyone claim that he should be replaced. Even right now, he's playing top-10 QB football. He absolutely needs to be better if this team has any chance of playing in a Super Bowl, but he's got a long way to fall before replacing him becomes a discussion worth entertaining

Someone remind me how many catches graham have?

We have 3 games of the next 10 where the teams have winning records. The Dolphins 2x and the Broncos. Everyone else is 500 or less.

Anyone who left early deserves a swift kick in the ass. You stay until the end.

That was a weird game to watch.

Anyone see the Saints huddling up over the ball on the sidelines thinking the game was done with 2:30 left? The announcers were awful. A 3 and out, one timeout and the 2 minute warned the pats could easily get the ball back with 1:30 left...they kept saying the game was over.

(We're fans, we can look ahead)

@ Jets
Dolphins
Steelers
@ Panthers

I hope you all are ready for 10-0 Broncos @ 9-1 Patriots. THIS ISN'T PEYTON'S PLACE!

Yeah, because Dobson dropped so many.. NOT. In case you missed it, Dobson caught the 1st 3 passed thrown to him. In fact, he had 5 for 57 at one point. But, yeah.. he drops too many for a rookie :rolleyes::confused:

I suggest that you rewatch the first drive, since you apparently missed Dobson's terrible drop there too. Honestly, I did it a little odd that you so consistently make declarations with such authority while being factually wrong. It's a pretty constant thing with you- you might want to look into hiring a fact-checker.

On a side note, how many passes can Dobson drop before you agree that it's unacceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back