PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Saints Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best game since the Snow Bowl? Is the magic back?

The Mister Rogers gif is awesome!

Great win in the end but a couple of thoughts:

Dobson and Bolden both have bad hands. I know we are only 6 games in but I'm particularly concerned about Dobson - I'm not sure I see a good wide receiver in him.

What are you talking about? Dobson had ONE ball knocked out of his hands. Beyond that, he played well. Bolden was horrible.

Anyone agree with BB's 4th down call ? i thought that was a bad call and a Saints TD wouldve sealed it . credit the defense and some surprisingly conservative payton for getting the last chance.

I agreed with it. Saints had been driving, and they called a play that put the ball on Dobson's hands. Even a guy with feet for hands should hold on to that. If I disagree with anything about that sequence, it's going to Dobson when he's has so much trouble holding on to routine catches. But even then, it was still the right call IMO, because that's a catch that you have to assume your WR is making.

@MikeGarafolo: He'll go through the battery of tests but Pats CB Aqib Talib not believed to have suffered a severe hip injury at this point.

What are you talking about? Dobson had ONE ball knocked out of his hands. Beyond that, he played well. Bolden was horrible.

He had a pretty critical drop late in the game, DaBruinz.

Seriously, is there another team in the NFL that could go through what the Patriots have gone through:

Welker and Woodhead exodus
A. Hern circus
Rookie receivers and all their headaches
Wilfork gone
Kelly down

And that's before all the injuries that piled up today . . .

AND STILL BE 5-1?

I don't know if there is another team out there that could do it.

It's too bad the same 5-1 team is filled with large sections of idiot fan base.

And again, you're wrong. He had two outright drops that I can recall off the top of my head. One on the first drive, another on 4th and 6. May have had more that I don't immediately recall.

I agreed with it. Saints had been driving, and they called a play that put the ball on Dobson's hands. Even a guy with feet for hands should hold on to that. If I disagree with anything about that sequence, it's going to Dobson when he's has so much trouble holding on to routine catches. But even then, it was still the right call IMO, because that's a catch that you have to assume your WR is making.

This is the BFTW that I know and have grown to respect . . . even luv.lol

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 4m
#Patriots suffered their share of injuries tonight. But Armond Armstead is eligible to come off NFI tomorrow. Keep an eye on that.

Great football game! A classic! Love How Rob Ryan strutted around the sidelines high fiving after the fourth down attempt failed. Then his utter despairing Manning face after the Patriots TD. Way to go Tom Brady and the Patriots!!!

@MikeGarafolo: He'll go through the battery of tests but Pats CB Aqib Talib not believed to have suffered a severe hip injury at this point.

Great news, they really can't afford to lose him. Easily one of the 5 most important players on this team right now.

Honestly Josh McDaniels still deserves an avalanche of criticism for three straight passing plays with four minutes left when (a) all they needed was a field goal to take the lead, (b) Ridley piled up 96 yards on 20 carries and had repeatedly come through in the clutch, and (c) scoring a field goal too quickly would have given the Saints ample opportunity to come right back.

Both he and brady have been very inconsistent . Oline didnt help.

looks like this thread was created way too early.

Great news, they really can't afford to lose him. Easily one of the 5 most important players on this team right now.

I still think Mayo is more important....we will find out as his seems the worst

Anyone agree with BB's 4th down call ? i thought that was a bad call and a Saints TD wouldve sealed it . credit the defense and some surprisingly conservative payton for getting the last chance.

It almost reminded me of the intentional safety at the time. They should have had the 1st down too.

I suggest that you rewatch the first drive, since you apparently missed Dobson's terrible drop there too. Honestly, I did it a little odd that you so consistently make declarations with such authority while being factually wrong. It's a pretty constant thing with you- you might want to look into hiring a fact-checker.

On a side note, how many passes can Dobson drop before you agree that it's unacceptable?

That's laughable coming from Mr. Over-exaggeration himself. Dude, unlike you, I do have my facts right. Typical of someone like you. Whine and complain, b!tch and moan about everything, but when it's pointed out that you don't know what you're talking about, you say it's the other person.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 4m
#Patriots suffered their share of injuries tonight. But Armond Armstead is eligible to come off NFI tomorrow. Keep an eye on that.

This is very interesting.

A win is a win we will take them any way we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes