PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 2m
Defensive pass interference would have put the Pats on the 1, where they've scored TDs on just 5 of 17 plays this season.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 49s
The Patriots' 29.4 TD percentage on plays from the 1 is the fourth worst in the NFL this season.

Didn't Ridley score from the 1 on the previous touchdown? Oh yeah, thought so.

And are we really comparing BG Pats to AG pats? (Before Gronk, After Gronk)

Some of you are acting like a bunch of babies, the team deserved to lose just like the jets and bengals games. Yeah the non-call at the end was bad, but so was the non-call on cannon's leg whip of davis.

First, and foremost, it was Charles Johnson not Thomas Davis that Cannon was involved with. Secondly, only that moron Gruden called it a leg whip. Everyone else called it what it was. Cannon rolling back to his left and ending up on Johnson's leg.

Telling others they are "acting like a bunch of babies" when you can't even get the name of the opposing player and what really happened correct cuts into your credibility.

I can't bear to read through the whole thread as I am in my usual post-loss depression. To top it all off I had an obligation last night, so I missed the first half entirely and had to listen to the 2nd 1/2 on the radio in the car on the way home.

While I blame the defense for being unable to get a stop and the refs for robbing us again, the thing that made me angriest last night as I drove along pounding the steering wheel was the freakin' play call on 3rd & 1 right before the Pats were forced to kick a FG to take the lead. Josh McDaniels I blame you for this loss!!! You know the D isn't playing well and might not be able to make a stop!! You know we have to keep our D and Cam Newton off the field!!! You know we've been getting positive yards on every freaking run we've tried in the 2nd half, whether you give the ball to Blount, Vereen or Mr. Fumble!!! Heave ho into the end zone!?! On 3rd and 1?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Grrrr. I actually said, "Game over." in the car when we had to kick that ball. Disgusting.

I'll be back in a few days when I've calmed down...

i woke up feeling like someone robbed me

Talib missed the entire 4th quarter and part of the 3rd. Arrington isn't an outside corner and everyone knows that. Saying he's a 3 year starter is BS.

It's not BS at all. He's a better nickel corner than an outside corner, but he's still a three year starter. The pass defense has shown better with that line-up on the field in the past this year and got applauded for it. They didn't show up last night.

The Pass rush was actually pretty good, for the most part. You are like so many other people who don't understand that SACKS aren't what determine a good pass rush. There were numerous times Newton had to throw the ball on the run because of the pressure he felt

By my count, Newton fled the pocket three times because of pressure last night. That's not enough to warrant a pass rush as being "pretty good, for the most part". On top of that, you don't want a quarterback like Newton fleeing the pocket. You want to force him to stay there and take him off his first read. That alone just highlights another failure of the defense, which I noted with the Hightower missed assignment.

No. They perfectly relevant because those are examples of truly awful defenses. But I'm not surprised that you have to live up to your name and be contrary for the sake of being contrary.

The defense in 1991 is completely irrelevant to the defenses play last night. It's a red herring, which you seem to toss out very often.

Why is the defense so "night and day" from the beginning of the year. Because they were missing 5 starters to begin with.

Understand, but all you're doing is excusing bad defense. You haven't come up with one viable reason for why the defense played well last night. You've just made excuses and tossed out logical fallacies which is usually why our debates end in you trying to personally insult me. Good teams advance to the Super Bowl in spite of injuries because the depth is good enough to get it done. That doesn't appear to be the case for the Patriots right now. And, even when they carried three regular starters in the defensive backfield to begin the game, they were still struggling.

Of course you didn't see it. You constantly ignore things that you don't want to believe. Sorry that you think that guys like Wharton and Bell should be allowed to tackled to the ground our D-linemen and you think it's "routine".

Instead of going for the ad hominem, post a pic, GIF image, video off YouTube of your recording, or a media member breaking down the All-22 talking about this. Like I said, if it was happening all game, it shouldn't be that hard to find. Otherwise some of us might think that you're making that up in order to excuse an otherwise non-existant pass rush.

Do yourself a favor, Kontra, stop living up to your name. You'd be a much better poster for it.

I challenge you to point out where I've contradicted myself.

Feeling surreal after the game. Kinda like the 4th and 2 game. This is going to a ****ty(2?) week(s?).

Jim Daopoulus says officials made 'bad mistake' at end of Pats-Panthers » The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

NBC Sports officiating consultant Jim Daopoulus (@RefereeJimD) joined the show to share his thoughts on the final play of the Panthers-Patriots game last night when officials picked up a flag on what looked like interference by Carolina.

"I thought it was a bad mistake," Daopoulus said. "And bad communication on that crew."

Daopoulus thougth there was no way you could call that an uncatchable pass. "I was very frustrated when they were saying it was an uncatchable pass," Daopoulus said.

Daopoulus explained that the ball clearly has to be where the receiver absolutely cannot make a catch. Daopoulus said that NFL receivers sometimes make incredible catches so you have to be careful on judging something is uncatchable.

give it a listen.

Brady should have shaken Steve Smith's hand after the game wearing his super bowl 38 championship ring.

Why are people saying doncos are going to destroy us if we can't stop carolina? Let me know when Peyton becomes a 260lb multi dimensional threat monster.

Why are people saying doncos are going to destroy us if we can't stop carolina? Let me know when Peyton becomes a 260lb multi dimensional threat monster.

Had absolutely no pressure last night. Do that against manning..and there goes the W

I did not think the defense was that bad they held the Panthers to 300 total yards and 24 points. The Panthers as an offense had scored 30+ in 4 of its last 5 games.

Especially given the circumstances.

Had absolutely no pressure last night. Do that against manning..and there goes the W

Apparently you weren't watching the game. The defense was just fine. You doubting them is laughable.

:bricks:

I think this has more to do with Cam's ability to run. BB seems to play most mobile QB's the same. Delayed pressure up the middle and rushing 4 on basically a contain type rush where getting up the field isn't stressed but rather leaving no gaps.

I think this has more to do with Cam's ability to run. BB seems to play most mobile QB's the same. Delayed pressure up the middle and rushing 4 on basically a contain type rush where getting up the field isn't stressed but rather leaving no gaps.

The problem is that the edge rushers pushed way too far upfield last night and LB's routinely lost contain. This was the game where the Pats missed Mayo the most, by far.

They did have pressure, they just couldn't tackle him. Agreed with that, gotta be able to get to Peyton. We've beaten him in the past without really getting to him too many times but, it makes life a lot harder. The guy easily has the fastest release in the league. One of the fastest of all time for sure. Hopefully we'll see some new wrinkles in the defense. Football doesn't get any better than chess match between Belichick and Peyton. Steelers and ravens fans are crazy claiming their rivalry is better.

Apparently you weren't watching the game. The defense was just fine. You doubting them is laughable.

:bricks:

Watching the defense last night was like slow death. Could not get off on 3rd downs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who immediately thought we were cooked once we settled for a FG with 5 minutes left knowing full well a TD drive was coming from the Panthers.

I still don't see how a ball is "uncatchable" when a defensive player catches the ball.

I was under the impression that "uncatchable" meant "uncatchable by anyone on the field" not "uncatchable by the intended receiver alone".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes