PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man i would love it if Rivers shut Peyton up in Denver no less.

Just lost Mayo, short week, sh*t happens. Pats are up 5 at the half with way less TOP. Things will be okay.

Tonight reminds me that I do still really hate the Jets

I have always hated the JEST. There is nothing, outside of my family, that I cherish more than a win over the JEST. I adore lopsided victories, where New England chrushes them, humiliates them, drives them from the field in tears. BUT....... as long as the Patriots have 1 more point on the scoreboard than the JEST, I'm down with that. :cool:

Dude worry about our horrible run d ,not an offene that put 17 in the half.
Yeah, but it could have been so much more. It infuriates me because it's like they never learn. Against the Bills, only after the second half they started running, thus making the game much easier.

Plus, there's enough people complaining about the Run D :p

We've only given up 12 points, but our defense already looks gassed.

Those Jet drives could end up as TD drives later on in the game because of fatigue.

That Philip Rivers interview was more pathetic than the NE defense tonight.
They really didn't think it through did they with Ty Law on the field and expecting to have a clear conversation via satellite.

Good thing the Jests have Geno Smith. If they had even an average NFL QB, the Pats would be down by at least 3 if not 8.

I wanna revisit that penalty on Revis...

The NFL really needs to crack down on these "It looked like _____" calls, so let's throw the flag.. If the ref does not see a DB grab a WR to the ground, then he shouldn't call it. A ref should never blindly throw a flag because of what it might look like. If a ref isn't 100% sure of what the infraction is, then a flag cannot be thrown.

No more incidental tripping calls being called as defensive holding because it "looked like" the defender threw the offensive player to the ground. Flags should be objective as possible and guessing should not be acceptable.

Wow, the Eagles have cheerleader twins. There's a special after this game in philly.

The Time of Possession disparity is hilarious. The number of plays is a lot closer.

the jets have one of the worst offenses in the league by are destroying us.
hilarious really. BB is known for taking away the opponents best option yet we're being gashed over and over. just like the kc/miami games. yet, we're winning.

make some adjustments!

Guys interviewing Rivers and he cant hear....and that overated a $$ Meion says "Hey Philip.....this is Prime?".....what? He is prime for the AARP....Thats it!

the loss of Mayo is showing up tonight. I thought the Patriots got a break on the PI call and the Jest got a break on no roughing the passer call.

I have seen this said a lot but i don't buy it. It is a short week so it is hard to say anything. However Mayo is not the reason the DL is being pushed or when the have the chance to tackle they have missed it. Mayo only 1 or 2 runs you can say would not have been as bad if mayo was there.

If you want to get really technical with situational football, the Pats really only had time for one more offensive play and it would have been from the twelve yard line [they ran one more offensive play after that and there were five seconds left after]. So it's unlikely they get seven anyway, most likely not a very costly penalty.

I'd rather see our guys stand up for our franchise QB when ******** like that happens
Enough time for one end zone pass. He took our probobability for a td from decent to zero.

At least the crowd kept an oposing quarterback from communicating effectively.

Lets see if we can A)Stop the kickoff returner B) Get to see their punter.

The D needs to adjust and figure out how to stop the run. Not much pressure out of these guys.

I think they should run the no huddle to kick start the juice on offense. D. Amendola looks like he is running in mud out there. No wonder he never gets open.

BTW, where is Wright ... especially in the RZ?

Slow down on offense and run the ball, gain some TOP give the defense a small rest. Then have the D go ham. I want them to wake up. Someone needs to set the tone and completely smash someone!

Good thing the Jests have Geno Smith. If they had even an average NFL QB, the Pats would be down by at least 3 if not 8.

I always feel like we tend to play to the level of our competition, defensively. You think that we'd get blown out if we were facing a better QB but then Peyton Manning or Rivers come in here and looks really average, but guys like Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez can pick us apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back