PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jag's game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 point leads in the 4th quarter make me nervous

INT was on Ridley who isn't quite ready for prime time let alone as a receiver - so on Josh too. Second one was definitely on Lloyd. You have to compete and fight for that ball or make sure it's INC.

He did compete for it. The defender was in a better position for the ball because it was under thrown.

Hightower is really starting to make plays in pass defense. Kid might end up being the better of the two defensive rookies thanks to his size and versatility.

Crap. Ok offense it's back on you.

1st INT was on Brady. He should have known better that to make that play to Ridley, who's a poor receiver, and then he underthrew the ball.

2nd INT was 100% on Lloyd.

It's a dumb thing to continuing arguing, but what the hell.

You can argue that it's under thrown (and it was), but the ball was tipped into the defender's hands. Typically, tipped passes off the intended receiver can HARDLY be called the QB's fault. It's push at best.

The second was not 100% Lloyd. 1) it was off target, and 2) Lloyd was well-covered. Brady should not have made that throw. That's the same reason you called the first one Brady's fault, but now you call this one 100% Lloyd. Look, Lloyd could have fought harder, but only to break up the interception, not to make the catch, which basically means the QB is at fault because the throw is off-target. Minimum 50/50, but Brady tried to force that one too much.

Last edited:
Long drive get at least 3 and leave this ugly game behind with now injuries please.

this defense will not win a playoff game. Poor coverage, zero pressure

The offense will. The question that will remain is will they come together in all three facets and with the consistency to win 2-3 more.

He did compete for it. The defender was in a better position for the ball because it was under thrown.

The ball hit the defender first, it was underthrown. Kind of a lucky pick, but lions share of blame on Tom. I would say that was the case for both picks. The first was a small window he barely missed, the second was a bad decision when he had AH wide open.

INT was on Ridley who isn't quite ready for prime time let alone as a receiver - so on Josh too. Second one was definitely on Lloyd. You have to compete and fight for that ball or make sure it's INC. And you have to come prepared to have that kind of focus from the first kickoff whether vs. the JAGS or the Texans... And you have to know your personnel and pear the groupings down to the most consistent come playoff time. We're still working on things...

That's the consistent mindset I don't see from Brady's surrounding cast, on offense or defense, out of the gate yet. Except guys like Welker and Woody - although Welker's had his struggles with the dropsies. That's why while some guys might benefit from rest I'd just as soon not see this team with a bye. A week isn't going to fix what ails most of the walking wounded. I'd rather see them finally put it all together and go on a mentally tough tear. Obviously today wasn't the day it begins.

Mo I have a birds eye view on this game. The first INT was on Brady. The coverage was tight. Brady should have thrown it away.

Hightower is really starting to make plays in pass defense. Kid might end up being the better of the two defensive rookies thanks to his size and versatility.

Hightower is the sh"t if he's healthy.....

Long drive get at least 3 and leave this ugly game behind with no injuries please.

Let's open some holes and run!

It's a dumb thing to continuing arguing, but what the hell.

You can argue that it's under thrown (and it was), but the ball was tipped into the defender's hands. Typically, tipped passes off the intended receiver can HARDLY be called the QB's fault. It's push at best.

The second was not 100% Lloyd. 1) it was off target, and 2) Lloyd was well-covered. Brady should not have made that throw. That's the same reason you called the first one Brady's fault, but now you call this one 100% Lloyd. Look, Lloyd could have fought harder, but only to break up the interception, not to make the catch. Minimum 50/50, but Brady tried to force that one too much.

Lloyd is supposed to be able to best single coverage. The announcer's were dead on initially on that one, it was a trust throw. If you can't make those and have them work you're DOA at the next level.

Horrible drop. Game losing kind of play. Terrible.

why not challenge that?!?!?

damn, not how I wanted this drive to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes