PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had that familiar sick feeling of nerves at the start of the Bills last drive, as though I knew we were going to blow it and lose by 1 point.

But I love it when the defence steps up to seal it, the elation feeling of victory is far greater in a tense win like that, than when we beat the Rams 45-7 last time out.

That's why I watch this game and love it so much. Don't moan about the bad things we did that could have lost it for us, celebrate the victory and be happy about it!

"...more often than not?" That's 9--7 in my book.

I think we probably should hope for just the teensy, tiniest little bit more from it than giving up 481 Yards to the freaking Bills, including 319 from "Air Fitzpatrick" :eek: and a seven minute possession advantage.

Thank God we didn't turn the ball over; even one would probably have been too many today.

But, it's a Division Win and I'll take it, even if we're at home and coming off a Bye...

I'm sure the Falcons would have liked a division win today, too. ;)

Another heart attack win, but a win nonetheless against the Bills! This must be a very frustrating lost for buffalo fans!

No disrespect intended but this attitude worries me. Not so much from yourself but because I think this is BB's frame of mind in some regards. It's the frame of mind that serves us well in the regular season but lets us down in the playoffs.

I don't want to sound melodramatic but I cannot think of a worse defensive performance than that one by the Patriots. It wasn't just the open receivers, it was at all levels; tackling, discipline, lack of pressure, over pursuing.

Thank God for Brady is all I can say. But even the offence, sans Brady & Woodhead, underperformed. Ridley was bouncing too many runs, Welker needs those towels they had in SD, the OL would look good one play and then lousy the next.

This is a weird season with some comparative* dysfunction somewhere within the organisation.

* Comparative to previous years.

We all knows yards don't count, but I was pretty nervous on that last drive. This D needs a lot of work, miss tacklings, bad angles, stupid penalties, no pass rush or any pressure.

jesus h christ.

that was a heartstopper.

Sooooo frustrating watching this D but they made 2 big plays in the end so its some kudos.

Had that familiar sick feeling of nerves at the start of the Bills last drive, as though I knew we were going to blow it and lose by 1 point.

But I love it when the defence steps up to seal it, the elation feeling of victory is far greater in a tense win like that, than when we beat the Rams 45-7 last time out.

That's why I watch this game and love it so much. Don't moan about the bad things we did that could have lost it for us, celebrate the victory and be happy about it!

That is what makes these guys fun. When you have a young talented team like this, you get more good than bad, but the bad drives you crazy.

Escape is a good word to describe what they did today. Bills penalties, lack of execution, missed tackles, same old bs agenda driven coaching and play/defense calling, to an extent Bill's defense saved him from himself (or Patricia's self) via individual players making plays,
getting so tired of seeing that wtf look on Bill's face every time this defense unravels though. They have some talent. Let them play to it. Team with 48 TE's...who might need a deeper OL. And an OC who still doesn't grasp the concept of running to win. If we run it out of the EZ after the fumble recovery or attempt to run it in from the 10 on the last drive the freakin' Bill's are in the dressing room and that last drive never even happens.

How was that turnover "forced" in anyway? The Bills gifted us the game. This defense is as bad as last year's, if not worse.

Wow. You did a 180 on this game. Glad to see your coming around. :rolleyes:

No disrespect intended but this attitude worries me. Not so much from yourself but because I think this is BB's frame of mind in some regards. It's the frame of mind that serves us well in the regular season but lets us down in the playoffs.

I don't want to sound melodramatic but I cannot think of a worse defensive performance than that one by the Patriots. It wasn't just the open receivers, it was at all levels; tackling, discipline, lack of pressure, over pursuing.

Thank God for Brady is all I can say. But even the offence, sans Brady & Woodhead, underperformed. Ridley was bouncing too many runs, Welker needs those towels they had in SD, the OL would look good one play and then lousy the next.

This is a weird season with some comparative* dysfunction somewhere within the organisation
* Comparative to previous years.

Defense was terrible. Yeah mcCourty made it happen in the end, but is this the style of defense you want to see every week? Not me. If that other Qb didn't have a beard I'd swear Brady was moonlighting for the Bills.

Rbs running free in the passing game, slow Te's wide open in the middle of the field, thought the CBs actually played decent at times today and the LBs and safeties were horrible in coverage.

I'm starting to think there is a scheme/coaching issue going on here. Players unnaccounted for on the field. Playing off the ball so much it drives me nuts. Almost lost another game by a point today. Should be stoked that the defense came up big but to me it's just a bitter reminder of mistake prone football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST