PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense makes some clutch plays when necessary. They can force some turnovers.

How was that turnover "forced" in anyway? The Bills gifted us the game. This defense is as bad as last year's, if not worse.

Well that was a tad bit too close....

Another heart attack win, but a win nonetheless against the Bills! This must be a very frustrating lost for buffalo fans!

Another wild and wacky Division game in the books. We have three more to play, two on the road. Stay tuned, but count thee not any chickens before they are hatched.

Can't wait to read the histrionics in the rest of the thread. I'll bet they're over the moon.

Thank god fitz threw it right to mccourty. Luck is about to trash this D next week...this is like the jets win...just ****ty

Im really worried with some things but I dont give a damn at the moment. I'll take any W right now, another 1 pt loss would of hurt. Hopefully the coaches see some of these problems and correct them.

A division win is a division win. I'm not picky.

Man this defense stinks. I can't believe after the bye they come out like this. They need to hire a proper defensive coordinator and install a real system. Week after week they make the opposing teams QB look like Joe Montana. Just crap.

I know the game hasn't started yet, but wanted to get that out of the way, as I know at some point, we will all be thinking it!

The sad part, is that I wrote this at 1230 today.

Bills get 481 yards:(

Yards don't count!!! We all know points allowed is the only way to judge a defense, stop being a hater!! Oh, they scored 31? Well, we got 3 turnovers!! This is a playmaking defense, all you chicken littles should stop your complaining immediately!!!

What's scary is that Buffalo did far more to defeat themselves than anything the Patriots did to them.
Defense still can't stop anyone and the offense still can't close out games.

Something has to be done about this defensive backfield. I mean, this is getting out of hand, at this pace I won't survive to see the end of this season.

See: Aqib Talib. Dennard was a mixed bag today, but the CB play opposite him was pretty bad. If Talib can upgrade that to a solid B-minus, we'll see a noticeable improvement.

Tackling was pathetic today. That zone coverage is doing nothing, there's always a gaping hole between the linebackers and safeties down the middle.

This defense somehow finds a way to redeem itself more often than not.

"...more often than not?" That's 9--7 in my book.

I think we probably should hope for just the teensy, tiniest little bit more from it than giving up 481 Yards to the freaking Bills, including 319 from "Air Fitzpatrick" :eek: and a seven minute possession advantage.

Thank God we didn't turn the ball over; even one would probably have been too many today.

But, it's a Division Win and I'll take it, even if we're at home and coming off a Bye...

Yards don't count!!! We all know points allowed is the only way to judge a defense, stop being a hater!! Oh, they scored 31? Well, we got 3 turnovers!! This is a playmaking defense, all you chicken littles should stop your complaining immediately!!!

Not many people here are saying there is no justification for complaints.

But most people would argue there is no justification for only complaining.

I find it humorous that when the Patriots are being shredded people are up in arms about how horrible this defense is and how Bill needs to be fired or Patricia needs to be fired or players need to be cut, etc.

Yet now that we've won, those same people are saying "Points allowed only stat that matters. A win is a win."

My biggest concern is OC.Why run no huddle from your endzone? Why run a no huddle when your trying to kill the clock. WTF are you thinking about?

LOL. when Devin McCourty makes the play that loses you the game you gotta know your one of the worst team in the NFL.

our Secondary sucks, fitzpatrick looks like Aaron Rodgers playing against us...

one of the worst posts EVER. Gotta love McCourty haters, played solid all game, AGAIN, touchdown saving fumble forced, game winning int caught. Qb ratings vs him this season are like 65.

And to those who blame the secondary today, it was spiller that killed us... he is a special back and makes moves that a lot of backs can't do. He took screens that should have been a loss into 25 yard gains. Our coverage lbs need to play better if anything.

Also, where the hell was our pass rush in the bills 4th Q drive...? NOWHERE even the announcer mentioned it. Don't put all the heat on the secondary.

See: Aqib Talib. Dennard was a mixed bag today, but the CB play opposite him was pretty bad. If Talib can upgrade that to a solid B-minus, we'll see a noticeable improvement.

Yes Talib will be an upgrade but to think he's going to turn this defense around is laughable. Their issues go far beyond one CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back