PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots Draft (Day 1) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade value chart suggests that we got a 5th rounder from Denver and a 4th Rounder from Dallas.

Not a bad pickup if indeed the guy Belichick wanted is going to be there at 27

Yup we got Dallas' 3rd. But we also had to give up our 4th. Looks like the Pats target pick might be Odrick. Maybe Jerry Hughes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Im very happy we traded out of the 2 WR draft slots. I've said all along WR is not a big need, we need defense, and we are getting it plus extra picks.

Denver's taking Tebow? Or Baltimore? Why the hell would Baltimore take Tebow?

why do people want Bryant so much. He's lazy, late for games and practices, not all to smart and been said NFL team may need to "scale down the playbook" for?

Haven't we seen this enough with the many others WR the Pats brought in who could run a fast mile but not a correct route.

Baltimore's Dez is gone - trade with Denver. This is Tebow.

Chocie of Kindle, Odrick, D Williams, Wilson .. plus a third. Dez was a nice fantasy league dream, but this is pretty good. Tebow to Denver?!?!?!?!?

tebow to denver

This draft makes no sense at all.

ha denver just picked up Tebow that is another win to the BB trade down

This basically amounts to #22 and 119 for #27, #90, and #113...

On the value chart they come out ahead and still get their defensive player.

Denver does work, wonder if we will trade down again?

Im very happy we traded out of the 2 WR draft slots. I've said all along WR is not a big need, we need defense, and we are getting it plus extra picks.

dont joke yourself...WR is most definetely a need, but i feel better targeting that position in the 3rd-7th rounds only b/c of our history with drafting wr's, and b/c they wont contribute soon anyways

didnt see the big deal about dez

iam not that pssed we passed on bryant...

YES I am so happy. I did not want him. Now let's get a stud at #27.

I'm torn. Dez Bryant/Randy Moss would have been a great story, but WR is soooo not my priority for a high pick.

OMFG BB has lost his mind.....let bryant slip away....keep stocking those picks BB.....and gett
ing weaker

Haven't the Pats already gone the stupid, immature WR route? Sorry, I was never thrilled about the guy because I don't think he can pick up the Pats offense. The Cowboy's offense is far simplier. He is a much better fit there.

Chocie of Kindle, Odrick, D Williams, Wilson .. plus a third. Dez was a nice fantasy league dream, but this is pretty good. Tebow to Denver?!?!?!?!?

And Hughes available.

Why must we always pass on BLUE CHIP prospects. Why do we always look to unveil a diamond in the rough? Just because we can? To save cash to pay our own vets?

A loooooooooooot of Chicken Little's 'round these here parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents