PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots/Broncos Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely bummed with today's game but incredibly proud of what this team accomplished. It's not easy to win a SB but every year we have a chance. Not a fan base in the NFL that wouldn't switch places with us.

Go NFC!

Anyone that doesn't think the Pats cheap out year after year at WR are not paying attention.

The only great WR's Brady has ever had was RM.....and they only got him because he was cheap

Reasons we lost:

1.) their QB was better (by far) than our QB

2.) their OL was better (by far) than our OL

3.) their DL was better (by far) than out DL

4.) Talib injury

Reasons we didn't lose:

1.) Our WRs or RBs. WRs can't catch balls thrown 10 feet over their heads and RBs can't run through DL in the backfield.

Brady had a pretty good game. But the defense failed in giving him opportunities. Yes he could have played a little better, but we saw what our injuries did to us. We just were depleted and today showed us we overachieved.

I just read Mike Reiss' rapid reaction over at ESPN and he wrote that Brady had the biggest mistakes in this game.

I respect Mike's writing and opinion, but he could not be farther from the truth.

A defense that gives up over 500 yards and allows points on every drive but the first and last cannot win.

Biggest culprits:

Welker - for injuring Talib.
Dennard - for seemingly playing drunk. He was beyond awful
Offensive line (particularly Mankins) - whiffed on the biggest play of the year as per his usual.
Running game - non existent
Brady - missed Edelman in the first quarter that was inexcusable.
BB and his coordinators - I really do appreciate all of the wonderful things he has done for the organization and I do know that no team is competitive forever, but he has routinely got undressed in the biggest games by opposing coaches.

Still an amazing season. I will be rooting for the NFC. It would hurt so bad if Welker got a ring in the season he left the pats. Especially he had some pretty big miscues in the Pats' playoff losses.

Our road woes showed up today big time. I had my worries. If this game was being played in NE, it would have been a different story. Our players could not adjust to the thin air, they were confused out there.
I think 49'ers wins it all.

The game was not nearly as close as the score would imply. Starting the game with two, 3-and-outs didn't help.

BB needs to go draft linemen. Offensive and defensive. Also, quit with the short WRs because they aren't working.

We are getting Gronk, Mayo, Vollmer, and Vince back next season. They will be on a tear

2014 SB Champs: New England Patriots. You heard it here first.

Love Gronk but if he can't stay healthy for a playoff run he won't help us much.

I am proud of my team even if their execution was really sloppy on a day it needed to be 100%.

Unfortunately, all was lost when Talib went out. They could not get the Broncos off the field. I feel like we were creamed in time of possession.

But execution wise….dude, that early long pass to Edelman, overthrown. Could have been 7 right there. Maybe we kick that FG instead of going for it on fourth. There's 10 points right there.

I don;t even know. I feel like maybe that stupid Denver air had Brady's passes sailing a bit….especially early. I am so ticked about that Edelman play. It's about execution and we just couldn't do it.

lost by 10...the edelman missed TD was so big

Great effort this year by this outgunned team. The D was bad but what can you do with a CB trio of Dennard, Ryan, Arrington vs. the best weapon foursome in NFL history?

I'm excited for the draft and the offseason.

I guess I'll start off by this: Am I the only one that has reservations about two of these fan favorites?

1. Vereen

2. Ch. Jones

Statistically, this Denver team is good, but I think the Indy 05 and 06 teams had better weapons.

No, I've wanted to love Chandler Jones, but it's hard to get excited about him as our future on the edge. He's not clutch, and he doesn't dominate. He had one sack in the last five games IIRC.

So for our 2 biggest FA offseason signings.

Talib: Injured in 1 quarter
Amendola: zero catches, one drop (I think)

No wonder we were outplayed.:bricks:

That was a pretty huge drop too if that was the one before the failed 4th down (can't remember if it was or not). Continue to be disappointed with Amendola and that contract, really wish they'd have gone after Emmanuel Sanders instead with that $$.

Can't afford to invest long term in Talib either. Once again goes down in the biggest game, time to move on.

Thoughts:
1. We got too cute on our early drives (deep to slater on third and short WTF) and set the tempo
2. Our defensive scheme looked like it was playing scared in the secondary thus getting no pressure on manning
3. What's up the pick play penalty? Holman barely touches them and gets a penalty but broncos continuously pick without getting penalty including a malicious attack on talib?
4. Our OL was sucking
6. Brady looked ok but missed receivers and throws I expect him to make :(

The running game wasn't a complete no-show. That was on McDaniels. The Pats should have come out running the ball right down Denver's throat. Instead, they came out passing and letting Denver's defense dictate things.

Did you miss all the times that our RBs including superstar Blount got stuffed? Knighton owned Wendell, we couldn't run inside at all.

They need to grab three offensive linemen, one of which is a quality center, get a stud tight end, and find a decent CB and hope that gronk and Talib and the WRs stay healthy. We will be a complete team if we can manage it.

We got to see why the injuries hurt us today. If we even just had gronk, we have a must better chance.

This. I think we now realize how incredible Gronk is when he is on the field. Not only as a pass catcher and blocker, but the fact that he opens the field so much. Brady had a bunch of tight windows with small, slow WRs to throw too. Tough, but a couple plays could've been made

Reasons we lost:

1.) their QB was better (by far) than our QB

2.) their OL was better (by far) than our OL

3.) their DL was better (by far) than out DL

4.) Talib injury

Reasons we didn't lose:

1.) Our WRs or RBs. WRs can't catch balls thrown 10 feet over their heads and RBs can't run through DL in the backfield.

Comparisons like this are why people say Pats fans are stupid.

1) The Pats OL didn't go against the Denver OL.
2) The Pats DL didn't go against the Denver DL.

I don't know why the Pats O-line played the way they did. Wendell was constantly turning his back away from Knighton and leaving Mankins solo on him. On two different plays, Knighton slid right by Wendell to put pressure on Brady. On another one Knighton just blew Wendell up. This is why I've said that Wendell needs to be replaced. He's just not that good and he doesn't pick up the late rusher ever.

The Pats D-line got stone-walled by the Denver O-line. I was disappointed by this because Denver was without Clady and Kuper. Not getting pressure on Manning allowed Manning to find the holes in the Pats Defense. And ANY QB would have done the same with the protection Manning was getting.

I am still trying to figure out how Welker wasn't called for PI when he intentionally ran into Talib. It honestly looked like Welker did it on purpose. Especially after the Refs called the one on Hoomanawanui.

I would like to see some fresh blood at DC and OC

There are no words. Please control the doom and gloom and don't make it any worse than it obviously already is. I'm not happy about this one either and it's definitely disappointing, but let's at least be constructive in your reactions.

On 6/1/2013 you would have expected these players to be in the starting lineup for today’s game:
  • RB – Ridley (played as #2 RB carried just 5 times)
  • WR – Amendola (played as #3 WR and did not register a receptions)
  • TE – Gronkowski
  • TE – Hernandez
  • RT – Vollmer
  • DT – Kelly
  • NT – Wilfork
  • MLB – Spikes
  • OLB – Mayo
  • CB – Talib (he did start but left in the 2nd quarter and did not return)
Considering the 10/22 anticipated starters on the team were not starting today I cannot be that disappointed to be honest. I am proud of the things this team overcame in order to make it to the AFC Championship game.

Tough way to end a memorable season that saw this team battle every week despite injuries etc. The team that executed better won. Hats off to Denver.

Really proud of this team and am excited about the influx of talent via FA, Draft, and return of injured Pro Bowlers for 2014!

Now to flip stations between NFC Championship, Downton, and Sherlock.

The talent gap was so obvious today. They had a good gameplan though they just couldn't execute well. Go Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back