PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official New Years 6 Bowl/CFP Thread.

Clemson is cooked

Clemson shouldn’t have punted. Down 21, only a 4th and 6.

And that’s all she wrote.

Fields shouldn’t drop past 2 now.

Oh and lmao at Dabo being an absolute clown and calling OSU the 11th ranked team in his rankings... only to watch his team get their **** pushed in.

I did not realize Ohio State was this good. They are absolutely drubbing Clemson.

Oh and lmao at Dabo being an absolute clown and calling OSU the 11th ranked team in his rankings... only to watch his team get their **** pushed in.

A lot of people said that. Some thought that they didn’t belong in the playoffs. Nice to see OSU put the beating on clemson and bama better not sleep on these guys.

Nothing going right for Clemson tonight but OSU is playing well. I was very wrong about this game.

Clemson has a few potential impact players though. Bressee is a monster recruit and monster in general. Believe he's 18, 6'5/300+. Followed him a little in high school. Loves to work out, work in general. Big boy that likes to eat, sweat, throw weight around. Again a real 6'5/300+ at 18 lol. Looks like a hybrid IDL but he's a baby so who knows.

Booth Jr is a player as well. They also got a WR (Ajou Ajou excited to see him develop)

Obviously DJ

Wow this is the story of the year imo. Fields & Lawrence have been tied together since high school. Camps, high school, college they've always been compared and pit against each other. Fields always coming out slightly behind but tonight is having the game of his life so far. Hurt, criticized coming in, big-time opponent and delivered on the big stage.

Scouting/Grading college prospects will drive you insane. Not easy. Young kids, so many variables at the time they're playing and after they get drafted. Its nuts. Wish I could talk to more people in the business to pick their brains on some stuff. Not even just scouting stuff but how they move on and don't get hung up on losses. Blocking out hype. I do my own thing but love hearing from others to potentially learn.

Clemson's O-Line is getting demolished and their secondary is getting scorched. Two units you don't want to fail in any game of football. lol.

Be interesting to see what happens in the draft if Fields somehow replicates this showing and beats Bama in the Natty.

Bama vs OSU could be a very good matchup. This won’t go down as the ND game. OSU has a passing offense unlike ND.

Fields was incredible...what a game...

They were 10-0 until the ACC Championship. IMO, they belong here even if they’re going to get curb stomped. The real gripe is putting Ohio State and their 6 total games in there, while getting crowbarred into the Big 10 championship via that conference changing the rules, instead of Texas A&M. Ideally, we should have had 8 playoff teams this season. With 8, I wouldn’t have as much of a gripe with OSU being in there. That would have allowed the committee the ability to include A&M and Cincinnati.
Imagine the uproar if the NYFL decided to allow just 4 teams into the playoffs instead of 14. Of course there should be more teams invited to the playoffs in the NCAA. Instead, a bunch of men sit in a smoke filled room and decide who goes and who doesn't. I wonder how many palms have to be greased to get a team in.

OSU crushed Clemson last night so it appears that they belonged.

I do have a question though. What does CFP stand for?

Imagine the uproar if the NYFL decided to allow just 4 teams into the playoffs instead of 14. Of course there should be more teams invited to the playoffs in the NCAA. Instead, a bunch of men sit in a smoke filled room and decide who goes and who doesn't. I wonder how many palms have to be greased to get a team in.

OSU crushed Clemson last night so it appears that they belonged.

I do have a question though. What does CFP stand for?
I think College football playoffs

Outback Bowl officiating has been cheeks today.

I’m not sure why UNC keeps trying to test A&M going East to West. A&M has too much speed for that. They’ve been at their most effective when allowing that OL to do what they do best - put a hat on a hat, drive A&M off the LoS, and pound the ball down their throat. This sets up the PA for them later in the game.

I’m not sure why UNC keeps trying to test A&M going East to West. A&M has too much speed for that. They’ve been at their most effective when allowing that OL to do what they do best - put a hat on a hat, drive A&M off the LoS, and pound the ball down their throat. This sets up the PA for them later in the game.

i agree! The unc offensive line is really good, but these back up running backs of unc are slow to hit the hole.

ps: that catch by news one was amazing.

Hell of a game by UNC. Impressive feat for them to take A&M to the brink with all of those opt outs they had prior to the game.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back