PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official: "Just give me three points when you can get them" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgraw_wv

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I for one am tired of going for it on fourth down. On the increasingly rare times it works, the extra points does not out weight the shift in momentum and possible wins that missing a 4th down does.

We LOST a game today as a direct result of not kicking a Field Goal.

Going up by 5 is a NO BRAINER in NFL coaching.

so is punting the ball on 4th and 2 up by 6 when you are inside your own 30

Interestingly today the Redskins went with this strategy up by 7 with two minutes left, and the Saints successfully forced overtime.

I understand going for it on 4th down in some situations but I feel they should have kicked it there for sure. Get that lead up to 10.

I'm generally OK with going for it in many circumstances but the chance to go up by 10 just before halftime with the Dolphins getting the ball after the half has to be taken - and I said that BEFORE the decision. That was a clear FG attempt in my mind.

well...the fins converted an exact same play so how about actually getting a yard...

I say take the points there.

We did the same thing in the Super Bowl 2 years ago.

Take the points, make it a two possession game, go cover the kick, play some defense and get to the half... it's what the 2004 Patriots would have done. I would rather have a coach that is overly aggressive than too passive, but just take the friggin points once in a while....

BB has too much faith in a crappy defense to think they can stop henne and an explosive Miami offense from going 97 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3