PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Jets at Patriots Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more worried after that win, then i was going into the game.

There is no denying something is wrong. another 4th qtr lead blown.

My thoughts: Sanchez still threw for over 300 yards and the DBs are still a major, major concern.

Offense is starting to be a concern as well. They cannot put the ball in the endzone and in the 4th they simply cannot move the ball or hold on to it long enough to end the game.

I don't remember who it was but the jets were marching up the field and Sanchez threw a perfect pass that was dropped. That would have been at the very least a first down if not a TD. The jets had to settle for a FG that ultimately kept the pats in the game. Had they got a TD the game would have been over.

Glad the pats won of course but I don't feel any better about this team than I did a week ago. They were extremely lucky to win against at team that is average at best. Truth is that at this point I wish I could say "Pats should have blown out this team." but the fact is it is up for debate if the pats or jets are a better team.

Last edited:
Off-topic, but did Nantz think the Jets won at the end of the game??? I remember him saying "a stunner in New England, the Jets...the biggest underdog of the game...The New York Jets, stand alone the top of the division"

I think someone corrected him because he said "I mean the Patriots," but for a whole minute he seemed to have no idea what was going on. I reminded me of "Dewey Wins"

YouTube: Jim Nantz says Jets win?

"This is, if it holds up, which we expect it will, it’s going to be a stunner. The biggest underdog of the day in the league. The New York Jets stand alone in first place now."

:eek:

3rd week in a row where the opposing team made better half time adjustments.

It took a turnover to win vs Denver and NY.

"My teammates," McCourty said. "Especially something like that, I know I've got to go back and return another kick, so even like this guy [safety Tavon Wilson] coming up to me, a young guy, and saying 'keep your head up,' you're going to make another play soon. I think it's just that ability to keep making plays and counting on your teammates."

Love the leadership from Wilson. He's gonna make rookie mistakes but overall I think he's gonna be better a good safety for us.

3rd week in a row where the opposing team made better half time adjustments.

It took a turnover to win vs Denver and NY.

Yep...those that say the team could be 7-0 right now fail to acknowledge that they could also easily be 2-5 right now as well.

Luck has been a factor in nearly every Pats game one way or another except the Titans game where they dominated both sides of the ball,maybe Buffalo as well.

Last edited:
One of the problems I have with McDaniels and his play calling is that he seems to have it backward. The oldest rule in the Pro football book is that you keep running what is working until they stop it...then you run something else. McDaniel seems absolutely determined to run something different all the time, regularly going away from what is working to run some whacked out play or set of plays that end up going nowhere.

In addition he seems stubborn about the plays that are not working....as if all of his offensive scheming and his instincts pointed him to certain plays for a specific game and he takes it as a personal affront if they are not working...so he keeps running them insistent that they are going to work come hell or high water.

With plenty more football game to go, he has shown the opponent his hand about in its entirety and there isn't even anything left to pull out and run when he really needs a play.

Take away Welker and you pull the Pats teeth.

Earlier in the season it was Hernandez who was the reason why the NE offense sputtered.

Love the leadership from Wilson. He's gonna make rookie mistakes but overall I think he's gonna be better a good safety for us.

I wonder if Bill will experiment Wilson at Corner when Chung returns.

McCourty is an NFL Safety.....Period

I wonder if Bill will experiment Wilson at Corner when Chung returns.

McCourty is an NFL Safety.....Period

McC was our best corner coming into this game... I wouldn't mind him shifting to S on 3rd downs with Chung coming off though.

Rob Ninkovich

• One and a half sacks

• Four tackles and two assists

• One forced fumble

• One fumble reception

But hey, this guy is a jag and needs to be replaces ASAP, right?

:rolleyes:

Rob showed up today, big time.

Nantz had an off day to be kind

Off-topic, but did Nantz think the Jets won at the end of the game??? I remember him saying "a stunner in New England, the Jets...the biggest underdog of the game...The New York Jets, stand alone the top of the division"

I think someone corrected him because he said "I mean the Patriots," but for a whole minute he seemed to have no idea what was going on. I reminded me of "Dewey Wins"

Nantz is the original Tuckhead. If not for his whining right after the Pats beat the Raiders in the snow bowl in 2001, that game gets remembered more for the incredible play of young Tom Brady than it does for the proper interpretation of a rule.

Nantz is the original Tuckhead. If not for his whining right after the Pats beat the Raiders in the snow bowl in 2001, that game gets remembered more for the incredible play of young Tom Brady than it does for the proper interpretation of a rule.

Oh come on everyone was *****ing about that, and for good reason (seriously, how much of a homer can people be?)-- Nantz was hardly the only one.

I get that people like Collinsworth really hate on the Pats, but the idea Nantz or Simms do is utterly ridiculous- they always talk glowingly of Belichick, Simms especially, considering his long history with BB. Let's get real here.

That said I hate Nantz because he's a crappy, insincere broadcaster with a boring voice. Makes the Masters nigh-unwatchable. Glad he's going senile.

Joe "SUPER HOMER!" Kerr here...just got back...read back a few pages here....look,it's a win....what does that mean?...what do the Pats look like live and in person?? They look downright scary when SOMEBODY wakes up from their coma and calls a blitz...otherwiae, this team is playing NOT to lose...nothing more pointed than the 11 minute mark of the 4th quarter when EVERYBODY in the stand KNEW the game was not even close to being in hand.

I don't know what it is that is going on with this coaching staff. McDaniels oversees a blistering surgical drive to go up 23=13 and the next drive he calls a friggin REVERSE???????????????? ON FIRST DOWN????????????WITH TEN MINUTES LEFT????

If THIS is what it's going to be like...if Mcdaniels is trying to outgenius the genius, who obviously is trying to outgenius the whole world by playing limp noodle cover two shell defense with NO pressure, then this team is obviously not ready to contend for the playoffs. They had FOUR sacks today...I think they blitzed LESS than that...that's how it seemed. It is PROVEN FACT, THIS SEASON...you blitz sanchez ,he folds ...early...just LOOK BACK at the SF game...but not us...no, we have to play like Sensitive Sally and keep it all "in front of us" as this jumpin' punkchez sits in a pocket like he's taking a long dump and reading the NY Times.

This is a good team with with enough talent to contend once again for the playoffs and beyond...this coaching is atrocious.Who decides that McCourty is the skill player you want returning kickoffs??? Is this a fair criticism? You put MORE pressure on a player with tons of pressure already on him??? AND HE FAILS CATASTROPHICALLY?? I mean, we're staring at Vereen on the sideline and going "WTF!!!!!!!!!".

and I admit, I'm an unabashed BB homer...I will always respect and appreciate what he's done here...but enough is enough. I may be an old dog but I want, as a FAN, to see my team go down fighting hard...not quietly mumbling about correcting a scheme that doesn't pass the eye test or any other test ever used in the NFL. Do you realize the Mark freakin' Sanchez, possibly the worst starting QB in the NFL, outpassed Brady today. He threw for 88 yards LAST WEEK!!!

A win is a win...take it and run...but there HAS to be a quantum leap in improvement on both sides of the ball for this team to rightfully be considered a contender.

Oh come on everyone was *****ing about that, and for good reason (seriously, how much of a homer can people be?)-- Nantz was hardly the only one.

I get that people like Collinsworth really hate on the Pats, but the idea Nantz or Simms do is utterly ridiculous- they always talk glowingly of Belichick, Simms especially, considering his long history with BB. Let's get real here.

That said I hate Nantz because he's a crappy, insincere broadcaster with a boring voice. Makes the Masters nigh-unwatchable. Glad he's going senile.

I'll take 2 Jim Nances and toss you a Dierdorf and Collinsworth

I agree on the Masters. He keeps trying to push his idiotic tradition like no other bs as part of the event. He's a gasbag I tell ya.

I stand by my opinion that he was the original Tuckhead though. He, and he alone, called Mike Periera (head of officials at the time) and was the first to use the words "Tuck rule" and he never stopped. I thought he was going to start crying at the end of the game.

Because of the uproar that Nantz created, the outstanding job that Tom Brady did in the tying and winning drives in a raging blizzard went unnoticed.

I rest my case your honor. :)

Yes, that happened.

Jim Nantz praises losing Jets for beating Patriots (VIDEO)

This team doesn't have what it takes to make and win the SB this year..playoffs yes..SB..no. Unless something changes on D and O..they they won't be representing the AFC

BB has no confidence in D to have them blitz..i kinda almost wish we have Billy O back as well on O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore