PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'I'd like to Revise my Won-Loss Prediction' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm downgrading from 11-5 to 10-6.

If the Cleveland Clowns need just an extra week to kick the crap of us,
then I have no faith whatsoever in our chances against real teams
like PitsDirt, Indy, GB and yes, even the J-e-s-t.

As I've said before, I prefer my crow burnt to a crisp, with a side of fava beans & a nice Chianti.

I'm now officially back up to 11-5, though I'm coming very close to making it 12-4.
The sad thing is, there's still no room for error: Indy & NJ are still MUST wins, while Detroit, Miami, Buffalo & Chicago are SHOULD wins that would be devastating losses.

Damn to Hell the NJ J-e-s-t, the luckiest, most undeserving 7-2 team in the history of the NFL.

I'd like to revise my guess in last week's "Predict The Score". I'm guessing I may not be the only one. Pass some of that crow over this way, would you please?

Still 11-5 for me, but still thinking about revising upward. 11-5 would require a 4-3 record, which is possible, but would be quite the letdown.

I haven't posted here yet but I think I'll go with 13-3, being the kool-aid drinking homer that I am. I'll give us 1 zomgwtfbbq! loss somewhere from here to Oz. It won't be the jest.

This was my preseason prediction and I believe it was dead on.
-Everyones preseason predictions could be found on page 48 of the patsfans threads.

I see the Patriot's going 13-3 with a low of 11-5 and a high of 14-2.
Offense
The Offense has more weapons than any other in the league and Tom Brady is now two years removed from his major leg injury. Last season the problems with the offense were lack of weapons and predictability. Now we have Moss (playing for a contract), Welker, Edelman and Tate in their second years, a major leap year for NFL receiver’s and have added Crumpler, Hernandez, and Gronkowski. I believe the tight ends will help us greatly with predictability and help the running game. Judging by the preseason BB has made it a point to be more balanced and less predictable; doing so will make us very hard to stop. Not having Mankins is a loss but I don't think it is as big a deal as most do. Connally played well in the preseason and I love the Tackle combo of Light and Volmer. I expect us to be the highest scoring team in the NFL, and if not, easily top 3.

Special Team's
The Special team's is something that I believe many people are overlooking. We have an elite Unit that may be the best in the NFL, and is a major improvement over last season. We have an all pro kicker, and have now added "you don’t mess with the Zoltan (Mesko)", who played very well all preseason and will greatly help us win the field position battle, helping our young defense. We have also greatly improved in the return game. Brandon Tate hold's a great deal of College football Kick Return records and as he showed against the Ram's, he is going to be an explosive weapon for the Patriots this season. I believe Edelman will be returning punts, and will be one of the best returner's in the league, that’s if BB decides not to use Tate. Either way, our Return game will be very dangerous and we will more often than not have great field position. I believe we have the number 1 special team's unit in the NFL.

Defense
I’m sure you were wondering why I left the defense for last. The reason is that the Defense is the biggest question mark. If my belief about the offense and special team's is correct, then the defense will only need to be average for the Patriot's to be a GREAT team; and if the defense can be about the 15th best in the league, which I believe they can be, and possibly better, then 13-3 or better is a real possibility. At the very least the Defense should be better than it was a year ago. We have added Brandon Spikes, and Devon McCourty, and Pat Chung and Butler have a full year of experience to grow on. I believe they will be four key improvements on the defense; Especially Chung, Spikes, and McCourty. On top of these additions there is Cunningham who showed great potential out of Florida and is now healthy. I have no evaluation on him because I have not seen him play but hopefully he can contribute. The Key losses to the defense are Warren, Bodden, and Burgess.I am not worried about the Warren lose because I feel that he is always hurt anyway, and I am not worried about Burgess because he stinks. The Bodden loss is a big one. Especially because it mean's Wilhite may have to be on the field (AHH). However, I think the defense can overcome the loss and with the addition's that have been made be better than the defense was a year ago. If the defense is improved, the Pats will have an average NFL defense, which paired with the best Offense and Special teams in the league, will make the 2010 New England Patriot's a force to be wrecking with, and a legitimist super bowl contender.

Prediction: 13-3, #1 seed in AFC, and Super bowl Champions.

Last edited:
I will stay with my strong 10-6, and shaky 11-5 for now. It's only one game.

You do realize the Pats would have to go 3-4 the rest of the way to end up 10-6? *shakes head in disbelief at the legion of doom pessimists on this board* It's as if folks would be happier to see this team LOSE so they could whine, moan, and say 'I told you so'.

I'm downgrading from 11-5 to 10-6.

If the Cleveland Clowns need just an extra week to kick the crap of us,
then I have no faith whatsoever in our chances against real teams
like PitsDirt, Indy, GB and yes, even the J-e-s-t.

You post sir, demonstrates a lack of either faith or cajones.

I'm going to go with 12-4 minimum just as I stated in a thread I started earlier this season.

Last edited:
This was my preseason prediction and I believe it was dead on.
-Everyones preseason predictions could be found on page 48 of the patsfans threads.

I see the Patriot's going 13-3 with a low of 11-5 and a high of 14-2.
Offense
The Offense has more weapons than any other in the league and Tom Brady is now two years removed from his major leg injury. Last season the problems with the offense were lack of weapons and predictability. Now we have Moss (playing for a contract), Welker, Edelman and Tate in their second years, a major leap year for NFL receiver’s and have added Crumpler, Hernandez, and Gronkowski. I believe the tight ends will help us greatly with predictability and help the running game. Judging by the preseason BB has made it a point to be more balanced and less predictable; doing so will make us very hard to stop. Not having Mankins is a loss but I don't think it is as big a deal as most do. Connally played well in the preseason and I love the Tackle combo of Light and Volmer. I expect us to be the highest scoring team in the NFL, and if not, easily top 3.

Special Team's
The Special team's is something that I believe many people are overlooking. We have an elite Unit that may be the best in the NFL, and is a major improvement over last season. We have an all pro kicker, and have now added "you don’t mess with the Zoltan (Mesko)", who played very well all preseason and will greatly help us win the field position battle, helping our young defense. We have also greatly improved in the return game. Brandon Tate hold's a great deal of College football Kick Return records and as he showed against the Ram's, he is going to be an explosive weapon for the Patriots this season. I believe Edelman will be returning punts, and will be one of the best returner's in the league, that’s if BB decides not to use Tate. Either way, our Return game will be very dangerous and we will more often than not have great field position. I believe we have the number 1 special team's unit in the NFL.

Defense
I’m sure you were wondering why I left the defense for last. The reason is that the Defense is the biggest question mark. If my belief about the offense and special team's is correct, then the defense will only need to be average for the Patriot's to be a GREAT team; and if the defense can be about the 15th best in the league, which I believe they can be, and possibly better, then 13-3 or better is a real possibility. At the very least the Defense should be better than it was a year ago. We have added Brandon Spikes, and Devon McCourty, and Pat Chung and Butler have a full year of experience to grow on. I believe they will be four key improvements on the defense; Especially Chung, Spikes, and McCourty. On top of these additions there is Cunningham who showed great potential out of Florida and is now healthy. I have no evaluation on him because I have not seen him play but hopefully he can contribute. The Key losses to the defense are Warren, Bodden, and Burgess.I am not worried about the Warren lose because I feel that he is always hurt anyway, and I am not worried about Burgess because he stinks. The Bodden loss is a big one. Especially because it mean's Wilhite may have to be on the field (AHH). However, I think the defense can overcome the loss and with the addition's that have been made be better than the defense was a year ago. If the defense is improved, the Pats will have an average NFL defense, which paired with the best Offense and Special teams in the league, will make the 2010 New England Patriot's a force to be wrecking with, and a legitimist super bowl contender.

Prediction: 13-3, #1 seed in AFC, and Super bowl Champions.

See here's the thing though, this prediction pre-season was insane. There were way too many variables and question marks to be unbiasedly confident that the Pats would go 13-3. If you want to admit that it was a homer pick, ok cool. But don't pretend like this has some sort of logic behind it.

See here's the thing though, this prediction pre-season was insane. There were way too many variables and question marks to be unbiasedly confident that the Pats would go 13-3. If you want to admit that it was a homer pick, ok cool. But don't pretend like this has some sort of logic behind it.

I watch everything the Patriots do, read everything I can about them, watch all the practices I can in the preseason, and have watched every snap the pats have played since 1995. I was informed, and from what I saw in the preseason I believed this to be true. I truley believed we had the best Offense and Special teams in the league, and based on additions that the defense would be better then a year ago, hence, 13-3

Last edited:

My 11-5 was considered homerific before the season, but I felt I could very easily defend it. It turns out that I might have underestimated the team's capabilities. The real problem was that too many people were buying into the mediot line that the Jets were running away with the AFC East and the Pats would be lucky to finish at 500.

EDIT - A quick way to see people's predictions is to click in my signature and move within the thread to find other people's predictions. Pay attention to any edit dates. ;)

Last edited:
I watch everything the Patriots do, read everything I can about them, watch all the practices I can in the preseason, and have watched every snap the pats have played since 1995. I was informed, and from what I saw in the preseason I believed this to be true. I truley believed we had the best Offense and Special teams in the league, and based on additions that the defense would be better then a year ago, hence, 13-3

I dunno. I don't see how you can accurately gauge how so many rookies will react when forced to contribute so much. If you do have some sort of magic crystal ball however, I think you need to go to Vegas immediately and become very, very rich!!

I dunno. I don't see how you can accurately gauge how so many rookies will react when forced to contribute so much. If you do have some sort of magic crystal ball however, I think you need to go to Vegas immediately and become very, very rich!!

A. Crystall Ball
B. I watch the players and break them down.

-Not all of my predictions were right, but clearly I was pretty accurate.

I say 11-5 still, with losses @Detroit, @Chicago, and Miami.

No way we finish lower than 12-4, I think 13-3 with a loss to an NFC North team.

Well I'm checking in say I guessed 11-5 and I'm still sticking with it.

Now I'd be very happy to be wrong with 14-2, 13-3 or even 12-4 ... :D:D:D

its a prediction. people predict based on their opinion of certain things.

Originally I said 10-6. Aside from the lack of a pass rush, I was very concerned about the season-ending injuries to Warren and Bodden to an already questionable defense. Some players such as Pat Chung have had a big year-to-year improvement to help offset that. And some teams on the schedule such as the Vikings and Bengals have not been as formidable as it looked like they would be before the season started.

At some point (either the Baltimore or San Diego game) I revised my prediction up to 11-5. I'm close, but not quite ready to say 13-3 yet - but I'll definitely move the prediction up to 12-4.

Last edited:
Still sticking with 12-4. :D

I kind of take the view that you live or die by your prediction. Last year I was right on the money (had them 11-5, which I still believe they would have been if they had had to win in Texas in week 17).

This year I had them at 10--6; I'd have to have my head in the sand not to acknowledge that that now looks wrong, since they'd have to go a highly unlikely 3--4 the rest of the way for that to happen.

However, in addition to the Colts, they still have games that make me nervous and I don't just mean the Jets. @Detroit (on three days' rest after two emotional games @Pittsburgh and against the Colts), Green Bay and @Chicago (two good teams fighting for the Playoffs and Seedings) each present their own challenge; and, we can never take Division games for granted, even if the Bills are bad and the Dolphins in disarray.

So, I'll leave my prediction where it is and prepare to man-up and very happily congratulate those who had the prescience to say that this young D and uncertain Offense (except, of course, for Brady) could go 12--4 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST