PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'I'd like to Revise my Won-Loss Prediction' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at 13-3 or 12-4 with a hard to explain loss (Cleveland)

Its gone different than I expected though.
I expected Moss to be a factor again, and a high powered offense, overcoming what had become a troubling struggle to play well in the clutch.
In the end we have revived the ability to play our best in clutch situations, and while that would keep my predictin about the same, but I feel way, way better about what the team can do with that regular season given these changes.

Still 11-5, 12-4 with some luck. I expected us to go 2-1 against the Browns, Steelers, and Colts, so even if we win this week, it's keeping the pace.

Still 11-5, 12-4 with some luck. I expected us to go 2-1 against the Browns, Steelers, and Colts, so even if we win this week, it's keeping the pace.
Isnt 11-5 pessimistic after assuming a win this week?
That would require just a 3-3 finish.
My impression of this team is that it will be stronger the deep we get into the season, and after this week, the first 10 schedule would have been more difficult than the 6 remaining.
With 3 at home, and games vs Chi, Buff, Detroit and Miami in NE in January we'd have to lose every competitive game plus 1 to go 3-3 in those.
Which do you see as likely losses?

Isnt 11-5 pessimistic after assuming a win this week?
That would require just a 3-3 finish.
My impression of this team is that it will be stronger the deep we get into the season, and after this week, the first 10 schedule would have been more difficult than the 6 remaining.
With 3 at home, and games vs Chi, Buff, Detroit and Miami in NE in January we'd have to lose every competitive game plus 1 to go 3-3 in those.
Which do you see as likely losses?

Well, for starters I'm not assuming a win this week. Other than that, with three division games left, plus Detroit on short rest coming off 2 huge games and a Chicago team that'll probably be playing for the playoffs... 11-5 is still pretty realistic, IMO. Nobody had them losing to Cleveland, so I'm not going to pencil any of the remaining games in as automatic wins.

Not to say that I don't think that they can finish 12-4 or 13-3, but I also don't think it's impossible that they falter a bit down the stretch, considering how heavily they're relying on rookies for key contributions.

Well, for starters I'm not assuming a win this week. Other than that, with three division games left, plus Detroit on short rest coming off 2 huge games and a Chicago team that'll probably be playing for the playoffs... 11-5 is still pretty realistic, IMO. Nobody had them losing to Cleveland, so I'm not going to pencil any of the remaining games in as automatic wins.

Not to say that I don't think that they can finish 12-4 or 13-3, but I also don't think it's impossible that they falter a bit down the stretch, considering how heavily they're relying on rookies for key contributions.
OK, I thought you were saying 11-5 based on the 2-1 you expected from these 3 keeping it on track.
I'm not real worried about Detroit, they are on a short week too, and the Bears IMO are just not a good team, and if they played any kind of difficult schedule they'd be more like 3-6.
Sure the Cleveland game open cuase for concern, but many other games say we shouldn't be pencilling in automatic losses yet either.
Just being Devils Advocate here to your post. I think if you split the difference between the factors, you get 12-4 anyway.

Is there anyone still picking 8-8 or 9-7?

Last edited:
10-6 was my guess earlier and with a little hesitation or to risk bad karma I am sticking with it for a few more days at least.

11-5 will be officially my revision if we beat the Lions

10-6 was my guess earlier and with a little hesitation or to risk bad karma I am sticking with it for a few more days at least.

Which 2 of the next 6 do you think we can squeak out?

Wrong. Again.

Which 2 of the next 6 do you think we can squeak out?

Green Bay and the way they are playing scares me to death

I think the Jets have a chance to sweep NE for the first time in a long time,the Jets have a lot of confidence with all those road wins and that won't be an easy game

Miami is always a challenge even if its Thigpen,although that makes the game easier.

Those 3 IMO could go either way

The Bills at home and on a roll at this time could be scary,especially if the weather is horrid...you just don't know what you will face in december.

12-4...i think Detroit is going to be tough...not liking the Chicago game but then again cutler stinks

I'll stick with my 13-3.

Note: before the season started i said 10-6. after the cincy game, i said 13-3. so i haven't been this confident from the start. :p

Last edited:
Wrong. Again.

Funny,I didnt know the regular season was over, Einstein :confused:

The defense is still giving up 400 yards a game to opposing offenses...while its great to be a shocking 8-2 with this problem it could eventually unveil some ugliness if the defense is not better in a few weeks and into the postseason.

You are NOT winning games in the playoffs if you are giving up 400 or more yards to opposing teams unless Brady is putting up 31 or more points a game...even YOU can figure this out...I think..maybe not

I was originally 12-4, but at this point feel that 14-2 is possible.

Green Bay and the way they are playing scares me to death

I think the Jets have a chance to sweep NE for the first time in a long time,the Jets have a lot of confidence with all those road wins and that won't be an easy game

Miami is always a challenge even if its Thigpen,although that makes the game easier.

Those 3 IMO could go either way

The Bills at home and on a roll at this time could be scary,especially if the weather is horrid...you just don't know what you will face in december.
Do you still think this team is that bad?
We have two 2 win teams on the schedule, a home game in January against a team from Fla that never plays well in the cold, is down to 3d string QB and just got shut out.
You expect us to not be able to muster more than 2 wins out of those 3 PLUS home games against the Jets and Packers while Brady is on the record streak for home wins, and a game vs the lackluster Bears.
Serioulsy, if youare saying 10-6 today, you would have to had thought 6-10 at the start of the season.

Do you still think this team is that bad?
We have two 2 win teams on the schedule, a home game in January against a team from Fla that never plays well in the cold, is down to 3d string QB and just got shut out.
You expect us to not be able to muster more than 2 wins out of those 3 PLUS home games against the Jets and Packers while Brady is on the record streak for home wins, and a game vs the lackluster Bears.
Serioulsy, if youare saying 10-6 today, you would have to had thought 6-10 at the start of the season.

I am worrying about the Rookie wall factor

I have seen it before and hope I am wrong....week 13 is usually the time some rookies get winded

Lets hope they don't

I am worrying about the Rookie wall factor

I have seen it before and hope I am wrong....week 13 is usually the time some rookies get winded

Lets hope they don't
It seems you are looking for any reason to be pessimistic.
If thats the case, and it makes you feel better to have low expectations, fine, but its kind of silly to think the team that went 8-2 vs the 10 teams they have played will go 2-4 against the 6 that are left.
I mean you do you realize that you are saying that you EXPECT that the Patriots will implode, totally fall apart and probably miss the playoffs after starting 8-2 right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hint, with the talent and good coaching and direction the rookie wall doesn't exist. It won't affect us in any noticable way.

Hope that helps.

Alrighty, I'll up mine to 12-4, though I'm open to saying 13-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes