PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'I'd like to Revise my Won-Loss Prediction' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm in for 13-3. Pretty late, granted, but I did think they'd drop one of these past few games. I definitely underestimated them with my original 11-5/possible 12-4 prediction.

Last edited:
I was at 17 - 2 in preseason. I think I will stay with that :D

I saw a lot of shootouts early with a very young making great strides under BB's watchful eye.

The O is exceeding my expectations, the D is coming along nicly. Each time we have had a bye week (ie the real bye and the sorta bye after thanksgiving) the D has made great strides. If we get the #1 seed it would be 2 more byes before the SB for the D to make jumps.

:singing:

Those 8-8s and 9-7s didnt have to wait long to find out they were wrong

I think I said 10-6 so I guess we can say that was wrong. lol

14-2 sounds about right!

13-3 or 14-2. Leaning toward 14-2.

The only reason why I'm not saying 14-2 is because the Pats have a two-game edge on Pittsburgh right now. If they get to 13-2, they'll have locked up the #1 seed, so I could see a game much like week 17 last season. Maybe not to that extent, since we'll have a bye in that case, but the last thing we need is another pointless injury like Welker's. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a lot of the starters play only one half, with guys with nagging injuries (Chung, McCourty, Warren) not playing at all.

Last edited:
The only reason why I'm not saying 14-2 is because the Pats have a two-game edge on Pittsburgh right now. If they get to 13-2, they'll have locked up the #1 seed, so I could see a game much like week 17 last season. Maybe not to that extent, since we'll have a bye in that case, but the last thing we need is another pointless injury like Welker's. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a lot of the starters play only one half, with guys with nagging injuries (Chung, McCourty, Warren) not playing at all.

I'm torn. I don't want to pull a Colts and rest people for two weeks, but, of course, seeing another pointless injury in a pointless game is no good either. Whenever I can't find the criteria to decide my feelings on the matter, In Bill I Trust.

Last edited:

BB rests players during the 4th preseason game. That's about it. Just like they played hard against the Giants in 2007 in their final regular season game, they'll play to win the last game this year - unless it's to their benefit to lose it.

BB rests players during the 4th preseason game. That's about it. Just like they played hard against the Giants in 2007 in their final regular season game, they'll play to win the last game this year - unless it's to their benefit to lose it.

There might have been some other reason as to why they played hard against the Giants in '07.

I am happy to admit that I was overly conservative with both my initial prediction as well as the first revised won-loss prediction. But now I'm gulping down the homer koolaid; 17-2.

I'm sticking with my 13-3 post in case we don't play any of our starters for the Miami game.

This is the tastiest crow I've ever had!

I'll say 14-2 now.

Just wow.

Well said The Brandon Five. From the original poster to this thread.

No way we finish lower than 12-4, I think 13-3 with a loss to an NFC North team.

I said this after losing to CLE, guess I was wrong, unless we lose next week (doubt it). We should go 14-2 and sweep the North.

well done to the pats they have definately exceeded my expectations... i said 11-5 and optimistically/best case 12-4. They should get there at a canter

We've still got the Jets, Packers, Dolphins @ Foxboro and Chicago, Buffalo away. Given the rise of the Bills there's not one easy game left.

The "rise of the Bills"? LOL. Looking back, this was your most amusing prediction yet of what you considered to be a 'scary' game for us. :D

The "rise of the Bills"? LOL. Looking back, this was your most amusing prediction yet of what you considered to be a 'scary' game for us. :D
The Bills are scary. They've won 3 more games than I expected them too ;).

I wish I didn't have to say that I told youse so, but...

7-9 still sounds about right.

BTW, who's the coward who closed Andy Johnson's "I've Been Saying This for a Month" thread?

Just wanted to quote this again.

Hey man, after the Clowns game, I didn't see too many things this team was doing well.
The defense was allowing too many long TD-producing drives,
the offense couldn't get out of its own way,
and Gostkowski had just been placed on IR.

Now, the defense is producing both turnovers and 3rd-down stops (3rd/18 yesterday notwithstanding),
the result of which is 17 pts allowed over the last 2-1/2 games combined;
the offense is a very well-oiled machine;
and Graham hasn't been asked to make any game-deciding kicks.

Let's hope that the injury to McC isn't serious,
that Wright, Pryor and even Wilhite return before Christmas,
and that we suffer no more injuries for the rest of the season & POs.

Well the Giants game was obviously about something slightly different.

BB might not rest starters the whole game, but he usually brings out the fun stuff, like drop kicks. Their might even be a drive consisting of 12 Screen passes to 83 to get him a 4th consecutive 100 catch season.

Where did the Jets fan go who said we would have a 9-7 record at best???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents