PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd now like to see them take Greg Toler if they can get him to add to the corner competition.

J D Sal
How many times do I have to say it? If you want it to happen, don't talk about it!

Nothing against Ellis, but this was a pure football move. Ellis had peaked in his ability. He wasn't getting any better. Given the logjam at CB, it makes sense to remove his cap contribution and start moving in some of the first and second year players while letting Springs and Bodden help to hold down the fort for 2009. Great move!

I don't think Rashad Jennings has gone yet. If he's still on the board later I'd like us to take him.

Kazcur was actually a 2nd round pick if I remember correctly.

No, he wasn't, but you're correct in that he wasn't a 5th. He was a 3rd. I screwed that up. It doesn't really change the results all that much, though, since he was a 'lower' round pick as opposed to a 1 or 2.

Last edited:
No, he wasn't, but you're correct in that he wasn't a 5th. He was a 3rd. I screwed that up. It doesn't really change the results, though.

Since Dante has a history of training FAs to be starters I like low linemen shots.

No such history on LBs however.

Correct me if I am wrong. We have a 5th, two 6th's and two 7th's left?

The 5th and one 6th are untradeable, correct? The other 3 picks are tradeable.

J D Sal

Since Dante has a history of training FAs to be starters I like low linemen shots.

No such history on LBs however.

I wonder if this means that O'Callaghan and his concussions are in trouble now.

Correct me if I am wrong. We have a 5th, two 6th's and two 7th's left?

The 5th and one 6th are untradeable, correct? The other 3 picks are tradeable.

J D Sal

We have 3 6ths. We had 2 6ths at the beginning of the draft. Then we got another 6th when we traded the two 5ths we got for Hobbs for a 4th and 6th. Still with me? :)

Oops NM we have 2 6ths cos we had to give up one of those 6ths to move up for Brace. You're right.

We have 3 6ths. We had 2 6ths at the beginning of the draft. Then we got another 6th when we traded the two 5ths we got for Hobbs for a 4th and 6th. Still with me? :)

Oops NM we have 2 6ths cos we had to give up one of those 6ths to move up for Brace. You're right.
Yes, but we traded #199 to Oakland when we moved up to take Brace. We don't have it any more, so only 2 6ths now.

J D Sal

Trading 2 high 5ths for a low 4th didn't make sense to me. What? Was someone gonna come in and steal Orhnberger from us?

Fred on PFW just said that ther Patriots really like the Penn State guy and think "he could come in and start."

Only sure question is that Brady is still injured all 2009 season. A draft like this its only searching for number 1 in 2010, and Bradford is coming Boston

Ellis is one of the best KR in the league.

For that reason alone, you want to keep him.

But this team is up against the salary cap, and a $3 million KR is a huge luxury.

Still, he should be worth more than, for instance, Dante Hall.

I don't think this is a pure football decision. If it were, Hobbs definitely has a space on this team. We're not going to easily replace his KR abilities.

So, is Slater returning kicks? Or Butler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back