PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This definitely makes more sense to me than any deal with the Panthers using those picks. I hate to admit it, but the more I think about it, the more I feel Seymour will NOT be a Pat after this season.

I'd think that Wilfork is more likely not to be a Pat if he asks for Haynesworth money. Why do you think they traded up to draft Brace in the 2nd?

No Peppers...I think that is clear...maybe JasonT??? I think so..love the draft...

Why is it so "clear" that No Peppers? Because he hasn't signed the tender yet? There is still a ton of time between now and the July deadline. During that time, the Patriots can talk to him about a contract. Then they can talk to the Panthers about a trade.

It's silly to rule it out just because it won't happen for this draft.

peppers for 2 2010 seconds --- I'm starting the rumor now.
get in on the ground floor.

I'd think that Wilfork is more likely not to be a Pat if he asks for Haynesworth money. Why do you think they traded up to draft Brace in the 2nd?

To give the Patriots the flexibility to move Green or Seymour. I think that its more likely that Wilfork stays because I don't believe he's asking for Haynesworth money. And, unlike Branch, I believe that Wilfork is a stand-up guy and when he says its very likely that he'll re-sign with the team.

The Saints just took Chip Vaughan from Wake Forest, who was the 4th/5th ranked safety. And they got him in the 4th round (116th overall), which is brilliant value.

Add that to Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st round, and I think the Saints could go on a major Superbowl run this year.

The Saints just took Chip Vaughan from Wake Forest, who was the 4th/5th ranked safety. And they got him in the 4th round (116th overall), which is brilliant value.

Add that to Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st round, and I think the Saints could go on a major Superbowl run this year.

I'd love to get to beat the Saints in the Super Bowl, cool!

Why is it so "clear" that No Peppers? Because he hasn't signed the tender yet? There is still a ton of time between now and the July deadline. During that time, the Patriots can talk to him about a contract. Then they can talk to the Panthers about a trade.

It's silly to rule it out just because it won't happen for this draft.

Except, of course, that BB has said he isn't going to do that.

I'd love to get to beat the Saints in the Super Bowl, cool!

Two instant images in my mind....Jerod Mayo smashing Reggie Bush and Randy Moss blowing past Jenkins.

Bring it on.

My take now that the dust has settled. We traded Darius Butler for Darius Butler and two 2nd rounders next year. We entered the draft with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. We drafted 6 players. Would anyone have been shocked with a pre-draft mock of;

1 D. Butler - CB
2A P. Chung - SS
2B R. Brace - NG
2C S.Vollmer - T I would have been a little surprised at this one.
3A B. Tate - WR Talent wise not surprised. But given injury and drug test a little.
3b T. Mckenzie - ILB Many posters wanted this guy.

Major Superbowl run? They are already close to that.

Example, Ty Law-Lawyer Milloy. Excellent draft choices thrown into starting roles. They performed well but were mistake prone like any other rookie. See GB Superbowl.

Take a look at those same two players 3-5 years down the road and they are probowlers. It takes time.

To give the Patriots the flexibility to move Green or Seymour. I think that its more likely that Wilfork stays because I don't believe he's asking for Haynesworth money. And, unlike Branch, I believe that Wilfork is a stand-up guy and when he says its very likely that he'll re-sign with the team.

Exactly. You beat me to it. Wilfork has said on so many occasions that he wants to play for this organization for the entirety of his career. I know players have said that before, but Vince seems very adamant about it to me, for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Here's their roster at running back

Bell, Mike
Bush, Reggie
Evans, Heath
Hamilton, Lynell
Sobomehin, Olaniyi
Thomas, Pierre

I'm, not seeing it.

WOW WOW

The Patriots have acquired two fifth round picks (137 and 141) from the Eagles in exchange for veteran CB Ellis Hobbs.

I like Mike reilly, personally.

Ya, so does Jaworski on ESPN, he can't stop talking about him...I say take a flyer on Reilly because I'm sure they'll take a QB.

from pats - twitter

The Patriots have acquired two fifth round picks (137 and 141) from the Eagles in exchange for veteran CB Ellis Hobbs.

We've traded Ellis to the Eagles!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST