PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind, forgot to add the quote.

I agree also TE D.J. Williams is having a Great Camp by all reports he would be the perfect move TE with his size/speed he should give LB's and Safeties fits. I would love for the dept chart to look like this whien its all said and done Gonk - D.J. Williams and Justin Jones...

Where are all these reports saying that DJ Williams is having a great camp?

Bleacher Report is reliable? I just saw a note on facebook that the Patriots are so impressed with Revis that they are already discussing an extension.

Bleacher Report is reliable? I just saw a note on facebook that the Patriots are so impressed with Revis that they are already discussing an extension.
It wouldn't be surprising if they're talking extension. It's kind of a no-brainer to try and keep a HOF worthy CB on your team for the foreseeable future.

I think we tend to underestimate the value of a journeyman like Hooman who now brings significant NFL experience to the back up role. Thee is a lot to be said for actually knowing the offense and what he is supposed to do on each play at NFL game speed. It's easy to make fantasy football evaluations, but harder to think like Belichick ("what responsibilities do I really need from my back up tight end?"). It could be that a guy who can reliably line up in the right place and make a block is what you really need.

And he has good hands, which is important for making plays when you are not keyed by the defense. You can have all the measurables you want; if you're a backup tight end who doesn't get many targets, one drop is going to be a lot more important than your college 40 time.

I don't think he is a stud receiving the ball either but he's good in block duty and knows the system, has experience and the respect of BB and his teammates. Maybe he has a low target % for different reasons. If he catches 2 passes per game in this season, among with all the other receivers and TE, it will be a good contribution, I want to see Brady spreading the ball.

I totally fine with him as that extra blocking TE. But as that 2nd (and 1st up if Gronk is out) receiving TE, no thanks.

And he has good hands, which is important for making plays when you are not keyed by the defense. You can have all the measurables you want; if you're a backup tight end who doesn't get many targets, one drop is going to be a lot more important than your college 40 time.

Having said that, I'd like a more talented TE between Gronk and Hooman.

BuS0oLEIgAAWJjK.jpg

I totally fine with him as that extra blocking TE. But as that 2nd (and 1st up if Gronk is out) receiving TE, no thanks.

Thing is, hooman is not a good blocker either. He's average at best. Average to below average at receiving.

Big Vince rolls on!

@NBCdianna: Patriots offense creating mismatches against Redskins secondary right now.

We'll just have to get used to this with Brady in Decline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST